CWR (3 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Who forced the club out?

If Sisu hadn’t lodged the state aid complaint do you really think we’d still be at St Andrews?

It’s been in Sisus gift all the way up until then.
Correct - but going forward there is one party who can change their stance... a couple of parties keep reiterating they want the the club back. We need to convince wasps to remove the clause.

if there’s nothing wrong - it shouldn’t be an issue

If there is a something wrong then aren’t SISU vindicated?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The indemnity saying the club has to pay if the council / wasps were found to be in the wrong forced the club out.

The massive elephant in the room.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that wasps were involved with the consortium?

As I pointed out months ago, it's haskell part 2. You were too busy saying conspiracy and probably missed that I was right.
Didn’t richard overson confirm he left the consortium because wasps were on board?

shmmeee

Correct - but going forward there is one party who can change their stance... a couple of parties keep reiterating they want the the club back. We need to convince wasps to remove the clause.

if there’s nothing wrong - it shouldn’t be an issue

If there is a something wrong then aren’t SISU vindicated?

Youre conflating two issues. I was talking about a “hostile takeover” not the situation right now or the merits of the case.

The coventrian

Yes, correct. But wasps began negotiations in the knowledge that this happened. Besides if it was undersold then they should have to pay to difference, correct? At which point SISU would have been vindicated

If as wasps and the council say it’s not - why won’t they negotiate without the clause? After al they keep telling us a football club should play in its own city.

I’m all for SISU paying any legal costs in the event that the action fails but even if they’re to blame - as said before, if they’re so confident the sale is fine - why put the caveat in?
Hang on a minute,I thought sisu kept the eu action a,secret from wasps during negotiations?

NorthernWisdom

I wouldn't argue with that.

I would suggest that how we got to this stage isn't necessarily as per the dominant narrative on this site, but I wouldn't argue with what can change going forward.

Well... that and the new ground, of course...

shmmeee

The indemnity saying the club has to pay if the council / wasps were found to be in the wrong forced the club out.

The massive elephant in the room.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that wasps were involved with the consortium?

As I pointed out months ago, it's haskell part 2. You were too busy saying conspiracy and probably missed that I was right.

Again. Not what I was talking about. Was specifically talking about a hostile takeover.

The point is that Sisu could block it by either (in the past) not carrying on legals or (now) by building a stadium and sidestepping the lot of them.

The merits of the case and the indemnity clause are nothing to do with it. I don’t think the case has merit based on the fact it’s been thrown out at every point, I don’t think another decade of legal bollocks helps the club (but then I don’t have a weird fetish about CCC “getting what’s coming”). I do think Wasps are being dicks and the media is letting us down. You know this.

Nuance. Not a place in France.

tisza

So wasps being involved in the consortium and forcing the club out is a coincidence?
Why would anyone think Wasps being involved in a consortium to takeover the club is a positive thing?
been bankrolled by a private individual for years who managed to get his money back through a bond scheme that seems to be struggling. Bonds sold on the back of predicted attendances and income streams that now seem fanciful at best
Wasps financial performance uninspiring to say the least.
Still comes down to any new owners needing extremely deep pockets to survive in the Championship anyway. (if these takeovers are to be based on the back of a promotion).

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I wouldn't argue with that.

I would suggest that how we got to this stage isn't necessarily as per the dominant narrative on this site, but I wouldn't argue with what can change going forward.
But that’s the frustrating part - CWR, councillors and the trust don’t focus on going forward.

“We need to get wasps to drop the indemnity clause”

“SISU shouldn’t have made the complaint”

people are happy to argue that SISU shouldn’t have made the complaint, but don’t want to talk about the past when we say “council shouldn’t have sold the Ricoh,

jordan210

isn't the EU complaint against the council not wasps. Yet all the council backed twitter accounts make out like thats the stumbling block and its all naughty SISU's fault.

Why won't any of them mentioned the indemnity !?!

mr_monkey

Hang on a minute,I thought sisu kept the eu action a,secret from wasps during negotiations?

They signed a legally binding contract during the talks to say that they would not take more legal action against wasps (which the EU complaint isn't) and if it was surely wasps would at least mention this as a reason why it all went tits up.

The EU complaint technically has fuck all to do with wasps as it's against the council undervaluing the Ricoh when it was sold, the reprocusions would impact wasps but only if the council are found to have done something wrong

The coventrian

:kiss:
What you on about?

Sisu have chosen to leave each time and not return. Right now it’s in Wasps gift to drop their preconditions but it was Sisu who have them that stick to beat them with.

No one can make Sisu sell and CCFC seem to be doing better not worse recently.

This is just the ravings of a nutter. Sorry.
When you spell wasps just make sure you put a couple of stars in just to show everyone how much you hate them:joyful:

Nick

Administrator
Again. Not what I was talking about. Was specifically talking about a hostile takeover.

The point is that Sisu could block it by either (in the past) not carrying on legals or (now) by building a stadium and sidestepping the lot of them.

The merits of the case and the indemnity clause are nothing to do with it. I don’t think the case has merit based on the fact it’s been thrown out at every point, I don’t think another decade of legal bollocks helps the club (but then I don’t have a weird fetish about CCC “getting what’s coming”). I do think Wasps are being dicks and the media is letting us down. You know this.

Nuance. Not a place in France.
So it's not hostile to think up a random indemnity about something they know is never going to be accepted by anybody whilst being involved with a takeover bid of the same thing?

If they have no case, why the indemnity stuff?

shmmeee

Make sure you put London W**ps too! Otherwise you’re basically a bit paid for by a shady PR company.

And possibly a lizard.
No surprise you are back and all over this thread. As I said before, you are too obvious.

giphy.gif

The coventrian

No surprise you are back and all over this thread. As I said before, you are too obvious.
Yes I'm so obvious arent I nick. I've got a day to kill before tonight's nightshift at lr. Oh sorry I meant my council/telegraph office or whoever's to blame this week zzzzzzzzz

mr_monkey

Well sisu shouldn't of repeatedly kept on saying they didn't want the ricoh,werent coming back and were building their own stadium then should they.

Which was said due to the council being in talks with wasps .. sisu are utter vile cunts but please don't rewrite history to fit your agenda

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Right let’s draw a line here - nobody is going to agree who’s fault it is. Let’s start the problems as of 01/01/2020

- Coventry City play at St Andrews Birmingham
- Wasps who are now based in Coventry own The Ricoh Arena
- a deal to return is based on Wasps dropping an indemnity clause.
- The council don’t want anything to do with it...
- for Coventry City to return, we need to find ideas to make Wasps drop the clause.

until this happens - all this bollocks about us needing to return is moot. Either go to St Andrews or don’t.

we have fans have to club together and change Wasps mind.

NorthernWisdom

But that’s the frustrating part - CWR, councillors and the trust don’t focus on going forward.

“We need to get wasps to drop the indemnity clause”

“SISU shouldn’t have made the complaint”

people are happy to argue that SISU shouldn’t have made the complaint, but don’t want to talk about the past when we say “council shouldn’t have sold the Ricoh,
There is often a narrative that says it's Wasps' fault we're not there at present. I'm not sure that's 100% accurate, and that's where the counter-argument comes.

Really, there should be some ideals we can all get behind.

Wasps should not be in Coventry.

SISU should not be owners of the football club.

We are, however, where we are, and we need an appropriate deal to play in the appropriate city. To achieve this, the likely outcome is that Wasps need to drop their indemnity demand. If they commit to doing this, will SISU commit to signing the deal as previously agreed? If the answer to the latter is yes (and at present we have to assume it is), then we need to push for the former.

We also need to push for SISU to accelerate their new stadium plans, of course...

Nick

Administrator
Right let’s draw a line here - nobody is going to agree who’s fault it is. Let’s start the problems as of 01/01/2020

- for Coventry City to return, we need to find ideas to make Wasps drop the clause.

until this happens - all this bollocks about us needing to return is moot. Either go to St Andrews or don’t.

I dare you to ask CJ about the trust being in on saying anything against wasps.

After all, they met with them and didn't ask about the indemnity.

The coventrian

How exactly can we do that though as we're powerless really.

shmmeee

Have a look when and what he signed up for.

It's all well and good you keep giving it the conspiracy line but you fail to mention I was right about the haskell part 2 stuff.

You were right that people who support the club don’t like Sisu and would like to see another owner? Well duh!

Id like to fuck Keira Knightly, doesn’t mean I can though. Nor does it mean anyone on the internet who says she is fit is paid for by me to spread stuff.

With all due respect to thecoventrian, I could find better representatives. Is he also being paid to post far right bollocks in Off Topic?

shmmeee

Agree with everything. Don’t think the last line is realistic but knock yourself out.

Nick

Administrator
You were right that people who support the club don’t like Sisu and would like to see another owner? Well duh!

Id like to fuck Keira Knightly, doesn’t mean I can though. Nor does it mean anyone on the internet who says she is fit is paid for by me to spread stuff.

With all due respect to thecoventrian, I could find better representatives. Is he also being paid to post far right bollocks in Off Topic?

Erm I was right about people being involved with the takeover stuff and trying to force that like they did when haskell was sniffing about.

You seem desperate to ignore particular things.

Grendel

At least it’s nice to know the local council are back at work so soon after New Year

The coventrian

You clearly do have an agenda.... It was obvious within your first couple of posts.
Oh fuck off you boring old woman. Your like a fucking stuck record. My only agenda is to have my football club back in my city. Something the likes of you really arent that bothered about.
Go and wank off about wasps or something.

Nick

Administrator
Oh fuck off you boring old woman. Your like a fucking stuck record. My only agenda is to have my football club back in my city. Something the likes of you really arent that bothered about.
Go and wank off about wasps or something.

Of course it is, why not use your original account to post and why that exact time to sign up?

You keep saying the likes of me.. you know absolutely fuck all.

Users who are viewing this thread