Coventry V Sheffield United (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Jan 27, 2013
Some agree about standing on the hill at Northampton some don't whether you agree with the tactic or not the game when it certainly will work is Sheffield united Sunday October 13th (4pm) and a dream if we could get 3,000 fans singing for the 90 mins live on sky tv

Tabasco Kid

Dec 11, 2012
Northampton
I dont want to sound negative, but the hill has been fenced off in the past for some of Northamptons bigger games.
Good old "safety grounds" have been given as the reason.
I wouldnt bet against it happening again.

RFC

Apr 30, 2013
Get into the ground and support Steven Pressley, ALL his superb staff and the wonderful, exciting 'one & two touch' football his young squad are playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forget everything else, I SUPPORT MY TEAM! PUSB!

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
I dont want to sound negative, but the hill has been fenced off in the past for some of Northamptons bigger games.

That's alright, we don't have any big games.

3,000 angry City fans outside the ground probably isn't the wisest idea either, so I'd be surprised if they did fence it off (and even more surprised if it stayed fenced off).

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011
Get into the ground and support Steven Pressley, ALL his superb staff and the wonderful, exciting 'one & two touch' football his young squad are playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forget everything else, I SUPPORT MY TEAM! PUSB!

Been here before but ..... I only support away.

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
Fuck the shitty hill.
The cameras will be in the ground.
We need to be protesting in the ground en masse.
Suspend nopm for this game for the greater good.
Come on trust. Pull yer finger out.

pusbccfc

Apr 15, 2011
Coventry
The fact you could hear 100 in the ground, imagine 1000

Skybluesquirrel

Dec 29, 2011
Brighton
Fuck the shitty hill.

Empty seats can't be glossed over. TV needs supporters otherwise it makes their brand look bad.

Stick to NOPM and make noise from outside the ground. Far more effective.

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
Well I disagree. A few hundred on the hill is too easy to ignore for cameras 7000 angry fans in the ground will effectively be on camera all game

tuousis

Jul 8, 2013
Well I disagree. A few hundred on the hill is too easy to ignore for cameras 7000 angry fans in the ground will effectively be on camera all game
Dont be silly,you will never get 7,000 Coventry fans at Northampton,unless you count the hill in with it.

sky blue zam

Mar 25, 2011
i likes the idea that was mentioned a while ago where we fill the ground and just leave after 15/20 minutes. just as an impact.

or just have a real hostile atmosphere like the blackburn v bolton match with the chicken

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
i likes the idea that was mentioned a while ago where we fill the ground and just leave after 15/20 minutes. just as an impact.

I actually think that would work well.

If however the team starts the game playing well, do you think you'd get the same numbers leaving that you'd want, to make the impact?

If not, what's the alternative? Turn backs on game for five minutes? Go into concourse for five minutes?

sky blue zam

Mar 25, 2011
I actually think that would work well.

If however the team starts the game playing well, do you think you'd get the same numbers leaving that you'd want, to make the impact?

If not, what's the alternative? Turn backs on game for five minutes? Go into concourse for five minutes?

if we could some sort of idea made official before thursday then maybe fans can warn steven pressley and players at the fans forum thursday night

sky blue john

Mar 17, 2011
Im still unsure of the best course of action.
But i do know its not going into the ground unless you want to make TFs prediction right of us all being back after three games !!!!!

If its a protest outside and on the hill it needs to be organised and get in the face of the cameras !!

SkyBlueHomer

Feb 6, 2013
Fuck the shitty hill.

Just where has protesting inside the ground got us?

We are now in a worse position than we were before all these protests started. The only things these people will listen to is the lack of money coming in.
They don't hear protests sat in their ivory tower in central London. An empty ground on TV will get the point across much better.

Sbarcher

Mar 23, 2011
Oxford
Just a thought.... is the offence to step onto the field of play? If so, can we jump over the front barrier and just stand in the area between pitch and stand? Ref would be forced to pull the game and no-one would break the law. Would only work if loads of fans did it though.

Monners

Apr 9, 2013
Northampton
Just a thought.... is the offence to step onto the field of play? If so, can we jump over the front barrier and just stand in the area between pitch and stand? Ref would be forced to pull the game and no-one would break the law. Would only work if loads of fans did it though.

Still the same offence "to encroach on or in the vacinity of the field of lay" - something like that anyway.

Just don't go in at all - empty seats will draw more attention. For those that do go, think about biting the bullet and missing one game. I know this is dificult as you have made your decisoin to attend, but just give the wider picture some consideration - it will show that the fans really are united (I believe that we pretty much are by the way).

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
People really believe by going to Northampton, paying money, and singing boo SISU out is the way to affect SISU?

Fisher won't be able to sleep at nights tossing and turning wrestling with his conscience after that protest will he.

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
People really believe by going to Northampton, paying money, and singing boo SISU out is the way to affect SISU?

Fisher won't be able to sleep at nights tossing and turning wrestling with his conscience after that protest will he.

....meanwhile he's sleeping like a baby because as far as he's concerned, attendances are creeping up as he predicted & the only slightly visible protest is a handful of fellas eating cheese & pickle butties on a hill off in the distance...

All I know is the Trust, the KCIC & THE NOPM factions need to unite the fans, show some leadership & get something organised for this SKY game that will attract the same sort of numbers as the 5000 strong march....

If not....we may as well just throw the towel in as Sky & the wider viewing public will just equate empty seats with apathy....

@richh87

Jul 2, 2011
I think a huge protest on the hill is the way to do it.

- The Sky cameras would see us, and more protestors on the hill than in the ground would make headlines.
- SISU wouldn't get a penny from it.
- It would create increased policing costs and grab the locals' attention, forcing them to ask questions about exactly what their club is playing at by having us there.

The reason a protest inside the ground isn't as good is they get our money, and not only that, if we won an exciting match then some people might feel like returning!

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
We need to be in the ground for maximum coverage is that not obvious?

It is to me Mustang....but then we've been through this on various threads going back weeks....

I came up with the mass exodus idea....there was also the black shirts or the blue ribbons on seats idea....the pitch invasion idea....but any of these or other ideas require leadership from the SBT....

....but unless I've missed it...there are still no viable, concrete plans afoot for some sort of LARGE SCALE action....

*awaits the "why don't you organise it" & "what are YOU doing" type responses*

thaiskyblue

Mar 30, 2013
fisher likes his safety regs, i bet he's looking into this.

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
I think a huge protest on the hill is the way to do it.

- The Sky cameras would see us, and more protestors on the hill than in the ground would make headlines.
- SISU wouldn't get a penny from it.
- It would create increased policing costs and grab the locals' attention, forcing them to ask questions about exactly what their club is playing at by having us there.

The reason a protest inside the ground isn't as good is they get our money, and not only that, if we won an exciting match then some people might feel like returning!

The cameras would see us....briefly....the commentator would say "look at those guys on the hill" & then its back to action........

....and every neutral viewer across the country shrugs their shoulders, drinks their pint & carries on discussing the premier league....

Wow.

@richh87

Jul 2, 2011
It is to me Mustang....but then we've been through this on various threads going back weeks....

I came up with the mass exodus idea....there was also the black shirts or the blue ribbons on seats idea....the pitch invasion idea....but any of these or other ideas require leadership from the SBT....

....but unless I've missed it...there are still no viable, concrete plans afoot for some sort of LARGE SCALE action....

*awaits the "why don't you organise it" & "what are YOU doing" type responses*

You'd be giving SISU funds by staging a protest inside the ground, and if we were trouncing Sheff Utd many wouldn't leave.

City fans (on the whole) have vowed never to set foot in Sixfields, so this is flawed. Also, our fans have never been very vocal or aggressive.

I just don't see it going how you envisage.

theferret

Oct 14, 2012
You'd be giving SISU funds by staging a protest inside the ground, and if we were trouncing Sheff Utd many wouldn't leave.

City fans (on the whole) have vowed never to set foot in Sixfields, so this is flawed. Also, our fans have never been very vocal or aggressive.

I just don't see it going how you envisage.

You must follow a different football club to me then.

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
Suspending NOPM for one game is a price worth paying....

apparently Sisu don't need the money for 3 years, so 1 game ain't even going to dent it....

....carrying on organising small scale minor events like picnics for 50 or sticking A4 posters on sisus London offices are now totally pointless in my opinion....

I see this SKY game as our last chance to really shake it up....

@richh87

Jul 2, 2011
The cameras would see us....briefly....the commentator would say "look at those guys on the hill" & then its back to action........

....and every neutral viewer across the country shrugs their shoulders, drinks their pint & carries on discussing the premier league....

Wow.

I disagree. More fans outside the ground than there are in it, standing on the hill with a huge police presence, would continue the message of never setting foot in Sixfields. Not only that but it'd cost SISU loads in extra policing. Nobody would get football banning orders either, as they would with a pitch invasion etc.

People talk about unity and leadership, but you're confusing the message to fans by encouraging them to go for this one game.

Some people aren't that strong willed and may decide they had a good time and want to go again. Don't give them that decision to make.

We need to be united in our cause, with a clear message that we not set foot inside Sixfields.

@richh87

Jul 2, 2011
You must follow a different football club to me then.

I must do Ferret, hardly Millwall are we?

Most other clubs would have seen riots by now. I'm not saying that's what we need, but that our fans have always been more easy going, and dare I say it, apathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread