Coventry United Football Club Statement (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

All the local non league clubs clamouring for supporters from the carcass already.

Yeah makes me very uncomfortable.

By all means follow your non league team be it them, Bedworth, Rugby Town, Leamington... they all need the cash and the support.

But that statement and their talk of turning into a phoenix club reads like profiteering from our misery.

No thanks, not for me. If I choose another team it'll be my local team, and if CCFC dies I hope out of its ashes rises another and I'll be there.

But I won't support those who are quite so cynical.

Brighton Sky Blue

By all means follow your non league team be it them, Bedworth, Rugby Town, Leamington... they all need the cash and the support.

But that statement and their talk of turning into a phoenix club reads like profiteering from our misery.

No thanks, not for me. If I choose another team it'll be my local team, and if CCFC dies I hope out of its ashes rises another and I'll be there.

They have managed to secure the Higgs centre for training the statement said-jumping in the academy's grave so soon.

theferret

Have to agree. If I ever choose to follow this type of club it will be a proper phoenix club that is seen as the spiritual continuation of CCFC and one which takes the club's traditional fan base with it.

Nothing against CU or Sphinx - nothing wrong with having strong non-league clubs in the city, but they'll never replace CCFC as they stand, but good luck anyway.

Ashdown1

I like the look of all this, great badge and the kit looks promising. This will take off and give fans a genuine alternative to SISU Cobblers FC, I can see 800 desperate folk at sickfields and 800 at 'The Place' !!! Fair play to them !!

hill83

So by the time I'm 40 this club might be a couple of leagues below the football league. Sounds brilliant.

Sky Blues

So by the time I'm 40 this club might be a couple of leagues below the football league. Sounds brilliant.

Assuming you are 36 or younger, by the time you are 40 Coventry City could be a couple of leagues below the Football League if they play in Northampton in front of about 1000 fans.

mark82

They have managed to secure the Higgs centre for training the statement said-jumping in the academy's grave so soon.

To be fair, a lot of teams (mainly Sunday league) train at the Higgs. They are not jumping in anyone's grave and I'm sure Higgs will always be available to the academy.

hill83

Assuming you are 36 or younger, by the time you are 40 Coventry City could be a couple of leagues below the Football League if they play in Northampton in front of about 1000 fans.

I'm 29, and whilst you could be correct, that's less likely than this new team achieving anything in the next 10 years.

mark82

I'm 29, and whilst you could be correct, that's less likely than this new team achieving anything in the next 10 years.

You are probably right.

To be honest, if I truly followed anything it would be a CCFC Phoenix/breakaway started at the correct time. Part of the adventure of such a club would be starting at the very bottom. Imagine when you are 60 and the new club have risen to the premier league being able to tell your grand kids you were there for the first game against Kenilworth Town.

It is a last resort for most but the people dismissing starting at the very bottom are overlooking the fact that a re-born CCFC that is heavily supported could be one of the biggest fairy tale stories in English football. Imagine being the first club ever to go from step 12 to the premier league.

New Colours (Not Red) and Not United.........and then you might have a chance of harvesting more CCFC fans support. AFC Coventry 1883

ajsccfc

Why don't these people help out the existing and established clubs in the city rather than this whole 'we hate SISU, love us!' ego trip? Fuck Coventry United, it's the Coca-Cola of non-league.

NorthernWisdom

Why don't these people help out the existing and established clubs in the city rather than this whole 'we hate SISU, love us!' ego trip? Fuck Coventry United, it's the Coca-Cola of non-league.

Agreed!

Rugby Town and Bedworth Utd have lived hand to mouth for years; Leamington lost their ground and came back, Racing Club Warwick survived only by lucking out with Foster.

They all need help as much as anyone else, and an extra few on their gates would be a HUGE percentage increase on their terms.

And if the club comes back, or if it dies, then we can come together as one, rather than fragmented into small groups, letting others win by doing just that.

saltaire bantam

No way would you start at the "bottom", it is just not sensible, clubs used to crowds of 20-30 could not cope with your supporters wanting to see your games, and there is no legal mechanism to stop them travelling. All you have to do is look at grounds in the 7 and lower tiers to see quite clearly that you could not possibly play in them. IMO You'd be put in an appropriate league paying compensation to clubs you had leapfrogged.

ajsccfc

Come support my team, AFC Not-SISU Coventry Singers Fisherhaters. We're based all the places you like and oppose all the things you hate! Enter bank details here.

Otis

Come support my team, AFC Not-SISU Coventry Singers Fisherhaters. We're based all the places you like and oppose all the things you hate! Enter bank details here.

Are you my long lost rich Nigerian uncle?

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread