Coventry Council WILL support a new stadium... (4 Viewers)

rupert_bear

You earn atmosphere with good exciting winning football, to be honest you can almost count the number of decent games like that over the last few seasons on a couple of hands, just to prove that statement games like Leeds, Wolves and Preston have been posted as decent exciting games which whipped up the crowd, they did but how long ago were they !

M&B Stand

Agreed but that was more to do with the noise of the planes. I think Warwick Council would approve a new stadium but like the majority on here, everyone thinks SISU is talking bollocks. We will see.

Having that terminal and expansion at Cov airport would've been a big boost for Coventry.

AndreasB

Yes amazing throwing coins and bottles at Kids.. Wanker.

You take the rough with the smooth - if you want loud and intimidating you are going to get some twats - just look at our very own singers corner. attempting to wreck the scoreboard of our own ground. Not only wankish but self defeating.

Chelsea brought 5000, unfurled that massive flag and outsung our 25,000 and made us look like the provincial also rans we actually are.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You take the rough with the smooth - if you want loud and intimidating you are going to get some twats - just look at our very own singers corner. attempting to wreck the scoreboard of our own ground. Not only wankish but self defeating.

Chelsea brought 5000, unfurled that massive flag and outsung our 25,000 and made us look like the provincial also rans we actually are.

I remember 12000 city fans outsinging 60 odd thousand United fans at Old Trafford and your point is?

rondog1973

Back to the OP, what this statement is designed to do is call Sisu's bluff again. Essentially, CCC are saying "Go ahead and build your stadium, we ain't stopping you"

Puts the squeeze on our club owners further, which can only be a good thing.

italiahorse

You could also be talking about staying at the Ricoh.

It would work if Sisu wanted to make it work.
They are wounded and like a few on here are lying down and playing victims.
Just need to wait for Sisu to get over themselves and make a fist of it.

bigfatronssba

Wow I didn't realise you hated your own fans so much. Just wow.

ccfcway

this simply reads like CCC calling SISU bluff.

Does anyone have an ariel shot of this site and its proximity to Ricoh.

I have tried google to no avail.

LB87ccfc

First of all it's not our ground.

Second of all, like the majority of football matches, the away followings usually outsing the home section, take our latest away game - 700 odd City still outsung 4k home support, it happens everywhere in every division, the away following usually make the noise.

italiahorse

I don't believe SISU, the Council and any type of person in "charge" they are all liars, con artists. Not one of them gives a shit about you, me or any other CCFC supporter all they care about is themselves.

I wish we the fans could come up with a way of buying the club but we would at least £30 million and i'm afraid I don't have that kind of cash lying about.

So they should sell a prize asset because 10,000 CCFC fans need it whilst 300,000 CCC ratepayers should say that's okay?
Get real.
Sisu never made an offer that could be accepted and we are where we are because of it.

shy_tall_knight

Coventry city council may support a new stadium but SISU won't, they are unable to support SP currently never mind investing millions into a stadium, Land costs money to buy, planning applications, public consultation all cost money up front - this doesn't suit their cash break-even policy. Also how many developers would be willing to do business with them considering their reputation.

SISU understand one part of the transfer process, the cash receipts from sales, theyare struggling with the purchasing part, spending money on players. Not fit and proper owners of a once proud club.

wafw1971

So they should sell a prize asset because 10,000 CCFC fans need it whilst 300,000 CCC ratepayers should say that's okay?
Get real.
Sisu never made an offer that could be accepted and we are where we are because of it.

Im talking CCFC and not the Ricoh, the Ricoh has gone that ship has sailed.

Nick

Administrator
this simply reads like CCC calling SISU bluff.

Does anyone have an ariel shot of this site and its proximity to Ricoh.

I have tried google to no avail.
It's a guy trying his hardest to justify the wasps deal ;) he did it the other day as well.

Quite obvious.

italiahorse

At least we would (or SISU would) have something to sell to someone. What is there now that a potential new owner would be interested in?

Why would they sell ?
Would they also sell the retail park around it as well that's generating an income for the club.
What price will they sell at, as it might not recover there losses at market value ?
Where will we be in 5 years time because it will be worthless in the conference ?
Where is it and how is it financed ?

So many questions if people could be bothered to ask.
Meanwhile lets destroy any chance of getting a deal at the only option available by continued court battles.
By the time Sisu come round Wasps maybe established, realise they never really needed us and just run down the current deal.

italiahorse

Even when it was full, Chelsea, JPT Final (Semi-Final) it was dead. I cannot remember a good time up there to be honest.

The opening game, Gillingham, Wasps first game.
Start winning, start challenging for promotion and it will have an atmosphere.
To be fair with the spiral downwards it really has not had a chance.

skybluetony176

Why would they sell ?
Would they also sell the retail park around it as well that's generating an income for the club.
What price will they sell at, as it might not recover there losses at market value ?
Where will we be in 5 years time because it will be worthless in the conference ?
Where is it and how is it financed ?

So many questions if people could be bothered to ask.
Meanwhile lets destroy any chance of getting a deal at the only option available by continued court battles.
By the time Sisu come round Wasps maybe established, realise they never really needed us and just run down the current deal.

That's a good point. The business plan should come before the stadium plans and we're yet to see either.

shy_tall_knight

I agree with Nick on this Maton although quoting the law hopefully would have been talking to family and friends over Christmas and realised that the football club's long term future has been sold down the river. Would CCC's support be active / positive support or the minimum that they are obliged to do.

bigfatronssba

It's a guy trying his hardest to justify the wasps deal ;) he did it the other day as well.

Quite obvious.

All he's done here is quote the law.

Quite obvious.

dongonzalos

The headline is more promising than the story.
However why wouldn't they want a new stadium in the Coventry boundary?

Unfortunately I think SISU would not do it in order to spite CCFC as oppose to what makes the best business sense for them

torchomatic

Bollocks. It was the NIMBYS in Bubbenhall and Stoneleigh who fucked up Cov airport.

Err, there's been an airport at Baginton for years so I don't think it was airplane noise, I think it was to do with the infrastructure around the likes of Ryton, Baginton and Bubbenhall. As said to get planning for a football stadium there, a huge doubt

torchomatic

Trust you to mention the Wasps game. Funny everyone else was talking about CCFC, then along comes the yellow and black dick.

The opening game, Gillingham, Wasps first game.
Start winning, start challenging for promotion and it will have an atmosphere.
To be fair with the spiral downwards it really has not had a chance.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think having two grounds in such close proximity of each other is not a realistic plan. And would be grounds for CCC to reject and not be open to questions. I imagine residents of Holbrooks would put up objections as it would increase the amount of transport / traffic etc. imagine if it was put there and Wasps played on the same day, just like some days Cov Rugby and CCFC play on the same day....

Kingokings204

This article is merely a bloke just quoting the law whilst also trying to be the good guy. He knows full well sisu have got no money and are not building a new stadium just like we all do so really his words mean nothing as sisu will and aren't interested in building a stadium.

If anyone on here seriously thinks sisu are building a new stadium wants their brain testing. It's not even hard for dicks like maton as he knows sisu aren't building one so all he has to do is spout a load of crap and he looks like a genius.

We need sisu gone from our club to progress until this happens we are nailed on for league 2.

torchomatic

Why? It works in other cities. It would be two grounds hosting two different sports. City fans could go to the football stadium and the Trust and Italia could still attend the Ricoh. Win-win.

I think having two grounds in such close proximity of each other is not a realistic plan. And would be grounds for CCC to reject and not be open to questions. I imagine residents of Holbrooks would put up objections as it would increase the amount of transport / traffic etc. imagine if it was put there and Wasps played on the same day, just like some days Cov Rugby and CCFC play on the same day....

torchomatic

He's done it for years. He's hardly been a "friend of the club", so not surprised by the article. We do need SISU gone and Maton and his cronies could have easily waited for that to happen and then done a deal with the football club.

This article is merely a bloke just quoting the law whilst also trying to be the good guy. He knows full well sisu have got no money and are not building a new stadium just like we all do so really his words mean nothing as sisu will and aren't interested in building a stadium.

If anyone on here seriously thinks sisu are building a new stadium wants their brain testing. It's not even hard for dicks like maton as he knows sisu aren't building one so all he has to do is spout a load of crap and he looks like a genius.

We need sisu gone from our club to progress until this happens we are nailed on for league 2.

RegTheDonk

Well the 365 days of use, all those bars, restaurants, retail outlets, regeneration and jobs for the area that some say would happen - got to be good for the local economy :whistle:

But at least this could now be a shut up or put up stance for SISU. Tim, you've got an opportunity here to at least explore the option. Keep the fan base happy.

If it's rejected, you have the excuse "well we wanted to build it IN cov but got turned down. Not our fault guv, we tried. Bloody leftie council and the locals."

If its approved, you've got to find another excuse, "well its too close to the competition, we can't find any mug to invest".

Kingokings204

He's done it for years. He's hardly been a "friend of the club", so not surprised by the article. We do need SISU gone and Maton and his cronies could have easily waited for that to happen and then done a deal with the football club.

Only problem with that bit was waiting for sisu to go. This is unknown and the council had been distressed by sisu's actions. Sisu could be here for another 10 years that's my point.

bigfatronssba

Whilst I don't disagree with you, we were constantly told that Sisu weren't going anywhere. How long should CCC have waited?

torchomatic

Don't think it was a problem. Lucas kept telling us they could survive without the club if they had to, ACL was profitable, CCFC only 9% of business, future looked bright, etc etc. For the sake of waiting another few years they have given the stadium to a franchise until 2264. I can't believe even the most staunch anti-SISU fan thinks that is in the best interests of all concerned.

Only problem with that bit was waiting for sisu to go. This is unknown and the council had been distressed by sisu's actions. Sisu could be here for another 10 years that's my point.

Users who are viewing this thread