Coventry Council are "Proud" of Coventry City FC (3 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

lacesoutdom

The Office Sarcasm GIF

torchomatic

We're not doing too bad considering Coventry is [checks Coventry City Council press release] the City Of Rugby.

Happy_Martian

Weren’t they ‘proud’ to have world-beating Wasps rock up in the City?
Bunch of two-faced, lying, scumbag cunts, especially Duggins with his Wasps scarf around his neck, pity it didn’t pull tighter
Some of them will jump onto whichever successful sporting organisation they can get the most freebies from.

Expect to see Maton in a 50/50 scarf in the next 24 hrs.

Sky Blue Pete

We’re better than this and them
No true Coventrians could have done what they did
Just at beacons field services and an old guy said all the best today. Then explained he was a Coventry kid
That’s what we’re like!
We don’t hold grudges
We look forward
We make history

Samo

We’re better than this and them
No true Coventrians could have done what they did
Just at beacons field services and an old guy said all the best today. Then explained he was a Coventry kid
That’s what we’re like!
We don’t hold grudges
We look forward
We make history

You're proper soppy this weekend Pete, has Wembley fever softened you up?
I wouldn't usually be one to hold a grudge but such was the strength of my feeling towards these scumbags and their underhand, corrupt shit, I find it impossible not to.

Tommo1993

You're proper soppy this weekend Pete, has Wembley fever softened you up?
I wouldn't usually be one to hold a grudge but such was the strength of my feeling towards these scumbags and their underhand, corrupt shit, I find it impossible not to.

I think he’s having us on. I know deep down he thinks they’re gits.

SkyBlueAussie

The way they have treated them over the years with the constant bickering between two determined women suggests otherwise.

cstring82

I used to work there, like all politicians jump on any bandwagon which looks positive but in reality they’re all up their own arses and everything is for themselves.
Screwed over the football club I love so they can do one.

ProfessorbyGrace

We are where we are, despite the adversity, and despite what the council did to the club.

Do I care, anymore? Not really. The adversity has taught me, and in real life, that where you are at the time, isn’t necessarily where you’ll end up.

That’s not to say that I don’t get the vitriol aimed at certain council members, historically and present. However, it’s not good for the soul to harbour such hatred and bitterness. Despite it being justified.

Onwards and upwards. PUSB ⚽️

covcity4life

Half time at 1 nil woulda been ok but that's prob game over. Played too nervously. Not actually tried to win. Shame. Need to go 433 second half

Hiraeth

I for one think that it is absolutely delightful that Cllr George Duggins has so much pride in Coventry City FC.

With all that pride, it is a wonder that he hasn't burst given how full of it he must be.

joemercersaces

Phuq the Wasps, Phuq SISU, Phuq the Council and the Villa too.

Don’t fancy being sued so careful choice of words coming up. I wonder what an in depth investigation into the relationship between certain members of the Council and certain members of the Wasps management would unearth?

Not making any allegations, just wondering.

Hiraeth

I don’t fancy being sued so careful choice of words coming up. I wonder what an in depth investigation into the relationship between certain members of the Council and certain members of the Wasps management would unearth?
Speaking of legal proceedings, I wonder if George Duggins was upset to hear about the legal action Wasps former owner Derek Richardson has been taking in the high court.

Given the references made on thebusinessdesk.com to proposed council funding in relation to those legal proceedings, I wonder if anyone might publicly reach out to the Coventry Telegraph and call on Richardson to drop the legals.

Wasps had invested in building a training facility in Henley in Arden and had been approved for a £2.5m loan from Cynergy Bank in November 2021. It also obtained a loan from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport for £2m and lined up funding of between £2m and £6m from Warwickshire County Council and Coventry City Council.

But Cynergy Bank said it would not lend to a company which was connected to Malta, a country in a Financial Action Task Force grey zone. The proposed council funding was also withdrawn when Cynergy backed out.

There may well not be anything to see there but I'm curious as to whether we may potentially find out any additional information during the course of proceedings.

I'm so glad that our club still exists and a situation where Wasps and Coventry City had the same beneficial owner never came to pass.

rob9872

Phuq the Wasps, Phuq SISU, Phuq the Council and the Villa too.

Don’t fancy being sued so careful choice of words coming up. I wonder what an in depth investigation into the relationship between certain members of the Council and certain members of the Wasps management would unearth?

Not making any allegations, just wondering.
Just tell me what you want to say and I'll be more blunt as I've got fek all worth suing me for :)

Covcraig@bury

First time in many many years I’ve walked around cov city centre Saturday just gone . What have the council done to it , it’s a ghost town it’s ruined it has no life the indoor market lifeless. The place is empty of everything that made our city buzz . Shop after shop boarded up , I don’t think I will go again it’s too upsetting.
so FUCK the council ✊💦💦💦

mmttww

First time in many many years I’ve walked around cov city centre Saturday just gone . What have the council done to it , it’s a ghost town it’s ruined it has no life the indoor market lifeless. The place is empty of everything that made our city buzz . Shop after shop boarded up , I don’t think I will go again it’s too upsetting.
so FUCK the council ✊💦💦💦

People shop online. Not a whole lot a council can do to stop that. It's hardly unique to our city either.

City centre is miles better than when I was a kid. Want more? Ditch Amazon, Temu etc. and go use it.

Sticking the boot in to the council over stuff a few people did or didn't do years back is dull as sh*t now.

Users who are viewing this thread