Coventry City's patient progress (1 Viewer)

EFL View

Hi folks

Thanks for the positive comments on my last piece in January. For those who didn't see it I'm an Ipswich Town fan who writes a blog about the EFL.

Just popping on here as I've written another piece about Coventry and how I think this season the club put in some really solid foundations to make a fist of it next time. Despite the drop in league position, I think you're in a much stronger place than last year.

I'll write a full 1-24 predictions piece in late July which I'll post on here. In the meantime any free subs to the blog would be great; had a busy few months with work but hoping to upload more regularly again soon.

Hope you enjoy the read. Let me know your thoughts on this season and how optimistic you are for next time around.

ajsccfc

This is the choice quote and why I'm more hopeful/optimistic for the near future than I can remember

The key difference from twelve months ago is that Coventry own all of their best players. They don’t need to sell this summer but if they decide to cash in, Simms, Wright, Sakamoto, Van Ejwik and battling midfielder Ben Sheaf would all fetch far in excess of the fees they commanded upon arrival. Add Mason-Clark and a couple of exciting loanees (a market they neglected this season) to this spine and they will be competing next time.

torchomatic

Good read that. Nice one, Jacob.

EFL View

Warwickhunt

Excellent write up! Like forward to seeing more of your views in the new season😉

bigfatronssba

Very well written article, an enjoyable read.

I hope that as an Ipswich fan you don't become the generic PL supporter who takes no interest in the lower leagues!

Mucca Mad Boys

Keep this standard of journalism up and there’s no reason why you can’t end up writing at The Athletic!

Great piece and had you not mentioned you were an Ipswich fan, you’d pass of as one us!

Enjoy the Prem next season, you proved a lot of people (including myself) dead wrong this season!

LastChance

Interesting and well-informed article, Jacob, great read. We're optimistic for the future with Doug King's 5 yr plan in place and feel we're in much safer hands now than with our previous owners who tore the heart and soul out of the club.
Good luck to your boys in the Prem

EFL View

Very well written article, an enjoyable read.

I hope that as an Ipswich fan you don't become the generic PL supporter who takes no interest in the lower leagues!
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. I definitely won't become that supporter, I assure you! I'm delighted we're up but the Championship as a spectacle is vastly superior so I'm looking forward to watching it next year. It's going to be extremely competitive.

Users who are viewing this thread