Match Thread Coventry City - West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Monday 30th Oct (2 Viewers)

napolimp

We've only lost once at home since January, I guess that's part of it

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah, odds are surely against us losing, considering we've only lost twice at home in the league in the last year.

slowpoke

I’m expecting a number of changes. If fit COH, Allen & Palmer could all feature Sakamoto too, going to be interesting.

BlueSkiesForever

Bidwell back in

Fadz potentially out, other reasons

The box will be played

Kitching in

Wright up front

This is ballsy from Robins and I like it, a change of players and a return to the box is exactly what we need. Really rate the move to put Wright up front alone, yes he’s been poor but chasing down long balls in behind seems to be his main strength. Nothing against Godden but I’m glad it’s not him up top on his own, really don’t think he’s got the strength or the pace for that role.
Slight concern that Bidwell won’t add much to the attack but it’ll be nice to see what we can do now he’s got his chance to prove himself again.

AFCCOVENTRY

This is ballsy from Robins and I like it, a change of players and a return to the box is exactly what we need. Really rate the move to put Wright up front alone, yes he’s been poor but chasing down long balls in behind seems to be his main strength. Nothing against Godden but I’m glad it’s not him up top on his own, really don’t think he’s got the strength or the pace for that role.
Slight concern that Bidwell won’t add much to the attack but it’ll be nice to see what we can do now he’s got his chance to prove himself again.

Bidwell is underrated imo. Solid defensively and he does actually get forward. Last season he got 4 assists and 1 goal.

BlueSkiesForever

Bidwell is underrated imo. Solid defensively and he does actually get forward. Last season he got 4 assists and 1 goal.
I definitely rate him defensively but just concerned he doesn’t get forward quick enough although he can whip in a cross pretty well so it’ll be interesting to see if we’re worse or better without Dasilva.

Terry_dactyl

As above mate

Kitching is starting
As is Bidwell
Box formation with Tats and Hopefully Allen
Wright up top
It feels to me that, with only 3 strikers, the box was always going to return. I thought Robins was just bedding the strikers in? Maybe think that Simms/Wright are ready for the lone striker role.

AFCCOVENTRY

I definitely rate him defensively but just concerned he doesn’t get forward quick enough although he can whip in a cross pretty well so it’ll be interesting to see if we’re worse or better without Dasilva.

JDS crossing is abysmal at times. Hardly beats the first man on a cross.

Anyway, will be interesting to see this team play in this tried and tested formation.

Tatsu should thrive in that along with Allen and COH obviously we know is best in that formation.

Wright played up front on his own at his last club and Simms has also played on his own upfront.

slowpoke

Let’s be honest 13 games in and not many of us really have an idea of our best team or formation. We have good players in the squad and a number of possible permutations and now COH is back it’s another conundrum.
Do we stick with three at the back plus wing backs go to a back two and fullbacks and put an extra body in midfield, if so who ? and then who’s the best striker. I think it’s within our squad to be a really good team but Robins has to find it & quick.

SBT

It feels to me that, with only 3 strikers, the box was always going to return. I thought Robins was just bedding the strikers in? Maybe think that Simms/Wright are ready for the lone striker role.
I refuse to believe that both Simms and Wright agreed to join without each being promised a regular starting spot.

Terry_dactyl

Well clearly the squad isn’t injury proof yet in many key areas. Maybe that’s why Robins wanted to bring in Billy Sharp? Doug knew better, of course.
Fair enough. We had a lot of signings to make…and we didn’t make enough.

oscillatewildly

Just hoping we get back to drawing ways - Not expecting a great deal more.
Probably be the lowest home attendance of the season to date.

PVA

Pleased to see the box return (if true)

And time for Wright to step up and put a performance in if he's starting on his own.

pusbccfc

Just hoping we get back to drawing ways - Not expecting a great deal more.
Probably be the lowest home attendance of the season to date.

They are expecting 24,000

ProfessorbyGrace

Bidwell back in

Fadz potentially out, other reasons

The box will be played

Kitching in

Wright up front
As above mate

Kitching is starting
As is Bidwell
Box formation with Tats and Hopefully Allen
Wright up top
Hopefully, this is 100% nailed on accurate, as I feel it’s the right time for MR to make that formation/personnel change.

chiefdave

Baggies sold around 1500 for tomorrow… they have 3k…
I posted on one of the clubs Facebook posts about a game being moved that it has an impact on attendances and immediately got jumped on by a fair number of people saying that was idiotic and the likes of Birmingham and West Brom will bring 4 or 5 thousand on a weekday as its only down the road.

Just don't see how moving games to Friday or Monday nights can't impact on attendances. I live in Coventry and work about 45 minutes away and it can be touch and go for me getting to a 7:45pm kick off and of course an 8pm kick off like tomorrow means getting home later, not ideal for people with kids or early starts.

Grendel

I posted on one of the clubs Facebook posts about a game being moved that it has an impact on attendances and immediately got jumped on by a fair number of people saying that was idiotic and the likes of Birmingham and West Brom will bring 4 or 5 thousand on a weekday as its only down the road.

Just don't see how moving games to Friday or Monday nights can't impact on attendances. I live in Coventry and work about 45 minutes away and it can be touch and go for me getting to a 7:45pm kick off and of course an 8pm kick off like tomorrow means getting home later, not ideal for people with kids or early starts.

i would think the price is more the issue -
Birmingham have packed the away end before with 6,000 on a midweek game

slowpoke

Moving games is the modern game unfortunately. It’s about tv money nowadays and that rules and as Grendel says price is critical too when you can watch it on telly.
If a Birmingham/Albion derby was really crucial they would likely fill the away end just a bit too early in the season for that.

Users who are viewing this thread