Match Thread Coventry City - Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Stoke bringing 2500. Wonder if they'd bring more if it was £30. Their fans believe they would.

calibrase6

Given we got ripped apart earlier this season playing with 3 at the back and wing backs v Stoke this seems a good opportunity to go with a back 4. Assuming McFadzean is not playing after his sad loss then id try
Wilson
MVE Latabadieure Binks Bidwell
Eccles Sheaf
Allen
Sakamoto Wright
Godden

Most will probably want Simms up top but i still think Godden's movement is much better and Simms at the moment is more of a threat off the bench which works well as Godden up top on his own will tire anyway.

calibrase6

We've tried a few different things the last couple of games. 4atb seemed to work pretty well, so I wouldn't mind trying that again, and if Fadz will be missing due to his sad loss. If not, the box seems to work better than 2up top.

If we're changing to a 4 then I'd say we may as well go for a massive change throughout.

Collins
MvE Lati Binks Bidwell
Eccles Allen Sheaf
Wright Godden Simms

Could mix that up a fair bit with subs. Saka in for Godden and move Simms central. O'Hare on for Allen (or one of the other CM's.

I've got Lati and Binks as I think they've had the best overall performances out of the CB's so far. Ideally Kitching would be involved given the amount we've spent though. If we go that way I expect MR to chose Thomas and Kitching though.
Close to what ive got bar i have sakamoto ahead of Simms and Wilson ahead of Collins. Id give Wilson until the international break the shirt as he has been brilliant for past 2 years but obviously if he makes more errors then probably after international break Collins will be no.1 for rest of season unless he turns out crap, which if he does means we have problems!

Macca1987

Given we got ripped apart earlier this season playing with 3 at the back and wing backs v Stoke this seems a good opportunity to go with a back 4. Assuming McFadzean is not playing after his sad loss then id try
Wilson
MVE Latabadieure Binks Bidwell
Eccles Sheaf
Allen
Sakamoto Wright
Godden

Most will probably want Simms up top but i still think Godden's movement is much better and Simms at the moment is more of a threat off the bench which works well as Godden up top on his own will tire anyway.
I know it's needs must at the moment, but Eccles and Sheaf together in defensive midfield lacks any kind of belief for me, Stoke will just run through them

Hertsccfc

I know it's needs must at the moment, but Eccles and Sheaf together in defensive midfield lacks any kind of belief for me, Stoke will just run through them
I just don't get this. Probably our best two players this season. Why do people keep targeting them when the defence is leaky; the wing backs and ams not creating much and strikers hit and miss? Central midfield is not a problem area.

Sbarcher

I think we should follow the modern methodolgy and play a false 1 to 11.

CCFC54321

There not happy and rightly so with the pricing.

One post about not knowing where Coventry is could be 2023’s most bizarre footy chat room posting of the year. Refers to Coventry as a town. Clues in the clubs name princess…clues in the name

pusbccfc

It should be a 24/25K attendance then as ticket sales look better than WBA and they only brought 1.8K.

They haven't opened block 27 yet I don't think. Probably about the same as West Brom but with additional away fans.

Hopefully Stoke fans are up for it. West Brom fans were loud but boring.

SkyBlueSoul

One post about not knowing where Coventry is could be 2023’s most bizarre footy chat room posting of the year. Refers to Coventry as a town. Clues in the clubs name princess…clues in the name
"Hoping and expecting another ticket release as despite the price they are the team I detest the most"

Would love to know who hurt this person for that to happen

pusbccfc

I laughed. Maybe worth reminding that we beat them to City of Culture and since then our City Centre survived the high street collapse fairly well. Hanley has entire roads completely boarded up in their town centre and have been begging the government for leveling up funding. It's a sorry state and probably the biggest decline for a commercial centre for a city of its size.

pusbccfc

"Hoping and expecting another ticket release as despite the price they are the team I detest the most"

Would love to know who hurt this person for that to happen

Not surprised. We took the piss all match when we played them in the FA Cup as a League 2 side. Few years later we beat them in the league.

pusbccfc

It was half empty against West Brom according to the Stoke fans.. Just under 24,000 there with a coach load of Albion for a televised, Monday night match.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I remember 2002 . Freezing cold day and Jay Bothroyd ripped them apart (we didn't say that about him very often) and won 1-2 he got both
He always appeared to be in third gear at most and pretty lazy with it. However, he had a touch of class about him. Our front two have a bit of Bothroyd about them and it's not class.

ccfc1234

We're not quite there yet, but we're getting closer. Ohare To improve again.

Wilson
mve Collins Lati Kitching JDS
Allen Sheaf
Saka Wright
Simms

Boicey

This really is a key game.
We came out of the Preston loss almost with a positive feeling. Wright scoring, a formation change which seemed more positive and attacking.
Another loss would be very deflating with eyes looking towards the January window for rescue.
Here’s hoping…

Users who are viewing this thread