Match Thread Coventry City - Southampton Match Thread - Wednesday 13th Dec (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Need to play the same starting 11 as last time I think.

Make sure Matt Le Tissier is marked at all times so he can't ping one in from 40 yards.
Just make the BBC film it, then you can't be sure if it actually happened

Skyblue Bangkok

Robins is P7 W1 D3 L3 against Martin.

The only managers he has a worse record against in as many games as that is Nathan Jones and Nigel Adkins.

Incidentally the manager he has the best record against (after 7 or more games) is the one that the forum's resident nostradamus claimed is tactically superior to Robins - Gareth Ainsworth.
Ha ha Ainsworth has one tactic, hoofball

pusbccfc

They're expecting 24K, not sure you'd add a great number to that by knocking a few quid off.

Yeah, true. Clearly the price isn't an issue for a lot of people with the amount spending £37 on Birmingham and Sheff Wednesday.

chiefdave

Does anyone know if you can go through the atrium towards The Anecdote if you go to the club shop before a game or do you have to go all the way round the ground?

edgy

Does anyone know if you can go through the atrium towards The Anecdote if you go to the club shop before a game or do you have to go all the way round the ground?

Don't know 100%, but highly doubt it. a) that's essentially the players/staff entrance on match days & b) you need a corporate ticket to get to the escalators from the Anecdote side.

Happy_Martian

Don't think Southampton have scored more than 3 in a game this season. So while I'm sort of excited to see us continue our positive transition, I can see them getting a shed load. Or we'll over-perform and get closer to the Playoffs.

Not expecting this to be a draw regardless 😇 :unsure:

curly_tom

I highly doubt he’ll rest either Saka or OHare, they must both be feeling very confident. I hope he doesn’t change too much and go defensive, we are better with the more attacking formation and I think that’s the case even against bigger sides. Maybe Eccles for Simms and push Allen up

PVA

If this is to happen, please release the team early to save me my fuel and parking fees.

I can't see both of them being rested.

I just think they might want to give O'Hare a breather as it's still early in his return from injury and the last thing we want is for him to break down.

But I hope I am wrong and that he's fully recovered and able to play as often as needed.

Last edited:

rexo87

Collins

MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell

Eccles Sheaf Allen

Saka Ohare Wright

Think the extra midfielder will be needed. Ohare in a sort of false 9 role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offhegoes

I reckon the same with Sakamoto.
He won't rest the 2 best players from Friday night. No chance surely. I can understand O'Hare in a way, managing his recovery, and he will certainly be needed at Leeds on Sat. In that case Eccles comes in, and we push Allen further forward.

long way home

I can see Robins bringing in Eccles and Godden in for Simms and Tatsu who will drop to the bench
Ayari out the squad.

If it was me i wouldn't change from the Brum starting line up but Robins will have to go on the data he gets on players levels.

Tough game id take a point with not injuries if offered now. But 3pts with no injuries would be a very good few weeks of results.

Users who are viewing this thread