Match Thread Coventry City - Southampton Match Thread - Wednesday 13th Dec (1 Viewer)

SBbucks

Could anyone from the safety committee or someone ITK please come on and explain why stewards were trying to block the second set of steps and diverting everyone using them to the ramp.The ones trying to block them did not give a reason.
It certainly wasn't a traffic issue because on reaching the entry R/O the left hand turn was blocked by a cop car so no one could turn down towards Curry's.

After the game the left hand side of the second tunnel and the bottom of the steps were under six inches of water. I didn’t see any stewards there but common sense made the ramp a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Maybe coincidence but since he’s been captain he looks like he’s trying to find that perfect ball every time, if he cut out those silly passes he’s a quality player
Just didn’t have one of his best games, still produced some fine passes though &
was up against a quality midfield too.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

After the game the left hand side of the second tunnel and the bottom of the steps were under six inches of water. I didn’t see any stewards there but common sense made the ramp a better option.

Why?The ramp leads to that same underpass you still come to the water which was no worse than earlier.The footfall on those steps is far less than that of the 1st set . There was no health and safety issue.There is good lighting in the underpass.
Either you left early or by the time you got there they had probably given it up as a bad job trying to stop people who got no answer when questioned about the reason.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Having worked in both cities for a number of years, I can also add that Southampton seem to hate Pompey more than Pompey hates Southampton.

Although Pompey has it's shady areas (like everywhere really), it's a much nicer city than Southampton. And Southampton folk are just weird.
When I lived on the Isle of Wight, you either followed Southampton or Portsmouth (both being just across the Solent). It always seemed to me that there were more folk supported Southampton than Portsmouth. I personally favoured Southampton. The ferry on a Saturday was great fun with supporters of both teams often travelling across at the same time!

SBbucks

Why?The ramp leads to that same underpass you still come to the water which was no worse than earlier.The footfall on those steps is far less than that of the 1st set . There was no health and safety issue.There is good lighting in the underpass.
Either you left early or by the time you got there they had probably given it up as a bad job trying to stop people who got no answer when questioned about the reason.

I left after the players had been round in front of block 16, is that ok? When I got to the underpass the left side was flooded, the right side wasn’t. Some muppets were hauling themselves up onto the steps using the hand rail to avoid the water at the bottom. There were no stewards in sight then, so I presume you left the match early if there were stewards when you got there?
Dry feet to the ramp, wet feet to the steps, your choice. Not sure why it is a massive problem for you either way. I guess some people just need something to complain about.

Brighton Sky Blue

Have found many of the Southampton fans on social media to be quite arrogant tbh , especially for a nothing club that's won nothing more than us .. crowing about the ground being too big for us when we're averaging 24000 after 20 years of premier league exile , whilst they average 29 000 having just come down .

And we're averaging more away , weirdos
Pity really, their fans were a class act to us on that grim day 11 years ago and seemed to recognise that we were quite similar clubs. Seems that’s been forgotten and been replaced with top flight arrogance

wingy

Did
Pity really, their fans were a class act to us on that grim day 11 years ago and seemed to recognise that we were quite similar clubs. Seems that’s been forgotten and been replaced with top flight arrogance
I just got on with it normally, apart from a bit of jest it was really tame from them.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I left after the players had been round in front of block 16, is that ok? When I got to the underpass the left side was flooded, the right side wasn’t. Some muppets were hauling themselves up onto the steps using the hand rail to avoid the water at the bottom. There were no stewards in sight then, so I presume you left the match early if there were stewards when you got there?
Dry feet to the ramp, wet feet to the steps, your choice. Not sure why it is a massive problem for you either way. I guess some people just need something to complain about.

I have never left a match early in my 65 years of watching City when we got to the bottom of the steps you could step off them and not step into water on either side of the steps.Even if there was a problem(there wasn't) why did they not give a reason?At my age why should I walk farther than needed.
As for when you leave the ground thats up to you.So they must have give it up as a bad job.

Skyblueweeman

When I lived on the Isle of Wight, you either followed Southampton or Portsmouth (both being just across the Solent). It always seemed to me that there were more folk supported Southampton than Portsmouth. I personally favoured Southampton. The ferry on a Saturday was great fun with supporters of both teams often travelling across at the same time!
Ha ha, I bet it was with both sets off fans on there!!

Sky Blue Pete

Just found out someone I work with is the Southampton centre backs uncle
The double barrelled on harwood-bellis
Interesting

David O'Day

it was about an inch and a half of water and you could still go down the ramp that took you through the same water

the first step of steps was almost unsafe at stages with the amount of people

the h+s folk are not happy the steps were shut

SBbucks

I have never left a match early in my 65 years of watching City when we got to the bottom of the steps you could step off them and not step into water on either side of the steps.Even if there was a problem(there wasn't) why did they not give a reason?At my age why should I walk farther than needed.
As for when you leave the ground thats up to you.So they must have give it up as a bad job.

Ok, it was nothing to do with the water in the tunnel. It was just stewards being knobs for no apparent reason just to make you walk another 50 yards. Bastards.

David O'Day

Ok, it was nothing to do with the water in the tunnel. It was just stewards being knobs for no apparent reason just to make you walk another 50 yards. Bastards.

you had to go through the water anyway which was about the same as it was before the game and it then create a dangerous bottleneck on the other steps that was far more dangerous than an icnh and half of water

skybluecam

Have found many of the Southampton fans on social media to be quite arrogant tbh , especially for a nothing club that's won nothing more than us .. crowing about the ground being too big for us when we're averaging 24000 after 20 years of premier league exile , whilst they average 29 000 having just come down .

And we're averaging more away , weirdos
I did find them a bit strange on the night... singing "who are ya" after their £200m squad scraped an equaliser didn't really make much sense

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just seen our goal again. Didn't appreciate Simms' movement off the ball to drag a defender away to the right just as OHare played the ball in to Wright. Opened up a lot of room .

That's why it's good having 2 big strikers up front, creates space for the midfielder's to run into.

Users who are viewing this thread