Match Thread Coventry City - Rotherham United FC Match Thread - Tuesday 5th Mar (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Kelly lost possession once in the entire game with a 92% pass completion according to who scored.

Torp lost the ball twice and had a pass completion of 88%.

not sure where the criticism of Kelly is coming from
Those stats are nonsense. Kelly lost the ball a lot in the first half especially, usually off a poor touch or being too slow in possession. He rarely looked like he had time on the ball.

Off the ball he was good though, he lands on a lot of second balls, which we have been missing since Sheaf got injured

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blind-Faith

Kelly does what Kelly does, and he done it really well. He has no pace, never has done, but he knows where to be, picks up loose balls and breaks up play, keeps it’s simple and gets us going again. That’s his job, thought he played well tonight.

That Rotherham team might be the worst league team I’ve seen at the CBS since we came back up. They had nothing up top and didn’t even look bothered. No fight what so ever and look resigned to going down.

More than happy with a 5-0 win and Simms showing he can finish his dinner.

enigma

Yeah he gave MvE a rest, I get why he played and it was the right game for him.
Kelly was immense tonight. His running in midfield was so symbolic in terms of pattern (team) marking. He ran left the whole team ran left, he ran right the whole team ran right. He may be a league 1 player next year in most minds but he is the most gifted player never to make premier league in a tactical sense. He’s a cov legend and seeing him on pitch tonight was a privilege. He commands such high standards and i feel privileged to watch him at any level.

CCFCSteve

It was
Absolute quality

Also great first time ball by Kitching down the line for Bidwell which led to a goal (simms second or third) How he’s not been picked recently is beyond me

wasn’t a surprise, Collins, Kitching and Bidwell back in and we win. Poor opposition but did our jobs. Simms third was a belter. Second decent as well

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Taken seriously by who? We literally are contenders and he's played in a 5-0 home win. He also played in the run to the play offs and the play offs themselves last season.

we’re talking about this season, and I would say next but he won’t be here playing next season….

we’re just about hanging on to the coat tails if you’re honest with yourself, and if we had someone who wasn’t just a stop gap then maybe we’d be firmly in the top six or better

shmmeee

Kelly was immense tonight. His running in midfield was so symbolic in terms of pattern (team) marking. He ran left the whole team ran left, he ran right the whole team ran right. He may be a league 1 player next year in most minds but he is the most gifted player never to make premier league in a tactical sense. He’s a cov legend and seeing him on pitch tonight was a privilege. He commands such high standards and i feel privileged to watch him at any level.

Evening Liam

theferret

To be honest it was like a training session from the 3rd goal onwards , hard to gauge

This. People trying to over analyse a game like that is weird. We were under no pressure to force anything. Lots of players were taking the easy option because there was no pressure not to.

Evo1883

Kelly had a good game. These social media armchair know it alls can get it wrong.
I thought Kelly was decent , I can't get onboard that he was exceptional or a pleasure to be in the same stadium as , as enigma has basically said .

But he did a job fairly well - 6 or 7/10

enigma

I thought Kelly was decent , I can't get onboard that he was exceptional or a pleasure to be in the same stadium as , as enigma has basically said .

Watch him from minute one and the penny will drop! He is phenomenal just not fit anymore….. 😉

SBT

Rotherham were so poor, I don’t think you can really take too much from tonight in terms of long-term findings. Can’t remember a team that useless since maybe Derby at Highfield Road.

Really happy for Simms, Bidwell and Eccles both did very well at wing-back, and we had some nice striker cameos from Godden and Tavares. But Rotherham were truly, truly awful.

procdoc

Those stats are nonsense. Kelly lost the ball a lot in the first half especially, usually off a poor touch or being too slow in possession. He rarely looked like he had time on the ball.

I swear you watch a completely different game to everyone else

skyblue_55

Excellent Skyblues …… back to winning ways , but expected more from the opposition !
Another 5 goals & a clean sheet , now on to Watford & another 3 points 👍

enigma

Also immense and exceptional are 2 different words…..immense is to be large and powerful. Exceptional is to be unusual and not typical? He was def not unusual or typical. He was was immense 😉

skybluecam

He may be a league 1 player next year in most minds but he is the most gifted player never to make premier league in a tactical sense. He’s a cov legend and seeing him on pitch tonight was a privilege. He commands such high standards and i feel privileged to watch him at any level.
what on earth have I just read

AOM

Robins mentioned there has been illness in the squad as said on here, but he's not been able to rest certain players as much as he'd like.
Might go to explain some of the poor recent performances.

Also said about people thinking they can do better than him from their computer screens 😂

skybluecam

Reply without a passive aggressive comment SkyBluescam. A proper debate that if you dare? 😀
He's not the most gifted tactical player to never play in the premier league.

I wouldn't say it's a a privilege to watch him play.

Club legend though, sure.

Users who are viewing this thread