Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Called this slump, weeks ago.
You ain't seen nothin yet!

Plenty did but weren't keen on saying it.

bigfatronssba

I wasn’t a drama queen, I stayed until the end. The blame here lies solely at Doug Ellis for not backing Mark in January. Robins will get disillusioned and end up leaving pretty soon in my opinion.

You’re right. He’s definitely going to leave now because we lost a game.

shmmeee

Jay Dasilva will get the bad press for his stupidity but I’ve got to call out Josh Eccles. He might not do anything glaringly obvious like give the ball away in a stupid area, but on a day where you really need him to step up he goes missing. Completely bullied in the centre of the park and he didn’t look to offer himself at all when the ball was with the CBs or out wide.

Lati you can sort of understand as he’s not a natural CM. But Eccles lack of bravery to get on the ball was bad.

He needs Torp or Sheaf with him

Eccles has really dropped the ball. First Hamer then Sheaf then Torp he’s had the chance to step up and still farts about with safe backwards balls all game and still CANT BEAT THE FIRST FUCKING MAN FROM A CORNER.

pusbccfc

A few Preston players at Cov station. Keeper said he was expecting a tough night and couldn't believe his luck.

He genuinely said they have heard Sakamoto has done his pelvis. @GIMOC seems to be right.

oscillatewildly

Jay Dasilva will get the bad press for his stupidity but I’ve got to call out Josh Eccles. He might not do anything glaringly obvious like give the ball away in a stupid area, but on a day where you really need him to step up he goes missing. Completely bullied in the centre of the park and he didn’t look to offer himself at all when the ball was with the CBs or out wide.

Lati you can sort of understand as he’s not a natural CM. But Eccles lack of bravery to get on the ball was bad.

But surely we all recognised this about "One of our own Eccles"/

Brighton Sky Blue

It was genuinely distressing to see him in that much pain. Then to see PNE players pretend to look concerned when they know full well it was in the game plan

theferret

I wasn’t a drama queen, I stayed until the end. The blame here lies solely at Doug Ellis for not backing Mark in January. Robins will get disillusioned and end up leaving pretty soon in my opinion.

I'm simply saying we've backed the team brilliantly in recent years, even in defeat. Tonight was so bad that there was a bit of a reaction, but like.i say, you'd have seen the same in any ground. Anyway, any negativity in the stands is the least of their worries. Can only imagine the roasting they got in the dressing room.

larry_david

Tbh I'm saying the same for o hare. Didn't want it and when he did he just kept giving it back to people.

hamertime

You’re right. He’s definitely going to leave now because we lost a game.
Are you thick? He will go as he got fuck all in a January transfer window after he got us to the playoffs and brought in about 35 million after a 2 million outlay. He should go to be honest as the club doesn’t deserve him.

Major Tom

Feel pretty down about Saka being in hospital with a potentially very serious injury. Been an absolute joy and he gets fucking pummeled by bone-headed defenders every week.
He’s been kicked every week,.. and it’s been getting worse ..the elbow in the face the other week was as bad as it gets.. until tonight although didn’t think it was malicious

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The one good chance we created he put far into row Z.
The best chance in the first half was one that simply wasn't taken: Milan bottled an excellent shooting chance from 18 yards and instead passed it to Wright. All he had to do was blast it on target.

hamertime

I'm simply saying we've backed the team brilliantly in recent years, even in defeat. Tonight was so bad that there was a bit of a reaction, but like.i say, you'd have seen the same in any ground. Anyway, any negativity in the stands is the least of their worries. Can only imagine the roasting they got in the dressing room.
People keep saying the same thing tonight, oh every fan base in the country would be the same. Fuck that, if you want to be something then be different. Leeds, Man City, Liverpool, forest, wolves all different breed to our weak fans. You end up with that you deserve I suppose.

bigfatronssba

Are you thick? He will go as he got fuck all in a January transfer window after he got us to the playoffs and brought in about 35 million after a 2 million outlay. He should go to be honest as the club doesn’t deserve him.

Unlikely to happen as Mark Robins doesn’t have the personality of a petulant child

Nick

Administrator
People keep saying the same thing tonight, oh every fan base in the country would be the same. Fuck that, if you want to be something then be different. Leeds, Man City, Liverpool, forest, wolves all different breed to our weak fans. You end up with that you deserve I suppose.
Liverpool fans? 😂

After seeing some of the posts about klopp leaving, I'd rather not be like that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Unless someone can come up with a formation that doesn’t use CMs it really doesn’t matter what formation we play.
Could revert to a box midfield I suppose but means we again go back to having 3 attacking players trying to do all the work.

Users who are viewing this thread