Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (3 Viewers)

covcity4life

Now do people wanna ask my why I wanted to see Kelly play?!

Also where are the fans saying Preston are out of the playoff race now?

That said we ain't out of it ourselves. But so much pressure on a v hard away game with west brom now

First let's focus on keeping the season exciting and picking up some Dosh on monday

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, this always seems to happen. Lack of preparation?
There is also this trend of MR just repeating the same selection if it worked in the previous game without much thought for the opposition. We should have been buried by a very poor Millwall side, got away with it against an awful Stoke and a half decent team tonight has just had to turn up.

Otis

Why would a press take us by surprise? And Preston didn't have a bit of luck. We were shite from the off.,

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Preston DID have luck, surely.

JDS gifted them the ball just outside the 6 yard box and then Thomas scored an own goal.

That's two bits of mighty fine luck right there and it gifted them two goals.

mmttww

All you want to hear from MR after that is:

No excuses. Apologies to the fans. Honesty about intentions second half i.e. stop the rot, protect goal difference.

Last edited:

gspotgaz

Preston turned up but that was Yeovil at home levels of dreadfulness from us … I love robins but he’s fucked up there starting wilson and da silva.. no coming back from that start

napolimp

The whole complexion of that game changed when Robins picked Da Silva. Having said that, Preston were just better than us.

covcity4life

Wilson was poor and gives defence no confidence.

Lati and Eccles does not work. Eccles is a good steady eddy but he will never be the main man to make things happen. And fucking get him off corners once and for all

But looks we did seem tired. And the squad is depleted. Maybe a kick up the arse will do us good or maybe it's the start of a slump. Either way I don't think robins is to blame too much. I get why he's trying to rotate and give players confidence that if they play well they retain their spot

Mucca Mad Boys

I think it’s pretty obvious that we haven’t got the squad depth to go the distance. If Sakamoto’s injury is as serious as it looked then it’s season over for me. We just cant rely on palmer to consistently deliver enough quality
We didn’t have the depth last season either.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Play our good players, but somehow have a stinker and end up losing.

It's Preston.
Nostradreamus.

Though at least we didn't get a red card.

We seem to have a truly horrendous performance once a season. Let's just hope that's it.

Though with injuries now starting to bite it's going to be one hell of a struggle to secure a playoff place.

Grendel

To peruse the threads waiting for your chance to have a go at Palmer or Da Silva is boring

Dasilva is abysmal and Palmer is massively over hyped. The anti football side Preston wouldn’t look at either of them

gspotgaz

We looked so slow and not up for it tonight although maidtone game hopefully come at a good time to get some slight confidence back up

larry_david

Anyone wants to scream in pure anger. Watch dasilvas decision making back for the second goal. He shields it from going out for a corner and instead of clearing his lines, he back heel drags it back into the 6 yard box.

The worst piece of defending decision making I think I've ever seen.

curly_tom

Dasilva is abysmal and Palmer is massively over hyped. The anti football side Preston wouldn’t look at either of them
I don’t think Preston were anti football, I thought they were excellent. For what it’s worth I don’t have a problem with so-called anti-football anyway, any tactics that can win games are valid.

SeaSeeEffCee

Anyone wants to scream in pure anger. Watch dasilvas decision making back for the second goal. He shields it from going out for a corner and instead of clearing his lines, he back heel drags it back into the 6 yard box.

The worst piece of defending decision making I think I've ever seen.
Probably just the anger talking but I never want to see him play for us again.

Matt smith

Da silva is shit

robins to blame

Why change the keeper

west brom could be a cricket score that games already over

need to beat Rotherham to build some confidence again

Users who are viewing this thread