Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (7 Viewers)

steve101

Worst performance in a long time. Dasilva, Thomas absolutely shocking. Eccles and Van Ewijk not much better.
Game over. Not worth risking Torp.

fernandopartridge

Kelly isn’t the answer. Our issue right now is our midfield press resistant in the slightest - guess what, Kelly isn’t either
We need to pressure Preston when they're on the ball, they've progressed it to our final 3rd so easily. They're not going to come and press us hard when they're 3 nil up

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Think this team have their minds on the cup game, and the ironic thing is most probably won’t even be lined up to play

Changes at HT, not because I think we will pull it back, but just to make a point

Da Silva not offered anything
Binks, still not sure how he kept his place over Kitching return
Wilson, no idea why the GK position was changed and Collins must be smug right now about being dropped
Shame to lose Tats, just fell awkwardly but ref unable to determine genuine injuries against one’s feind
Nothing up too, Hadji and Simms don’t work
Palmer and Ohare together unlikely to do much as too similar
Eccles, only thing I like about his game is he doesn’t pansy about when taking set pieces from a certain spot. Just puts it down and kicks it. I say kicks it rather than cross it as more often than not his set pieces are awful, but the set up is ok (but of a shit sandwich compliment going on there for him 🤣)

TomRad85

If we're going to replace Bidwell it can be with someone else in the summer, Dasilva cannot start at left back again. As for Wilson, completely set the tone for the half, he panics the defence, he flaps about, and every time he kicks the ball it goes the opposition. An utterly hopeless keeper and the sooner Robins corrects his mistake of sticking him back in the better.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

EalingSB

Don’t quite know what to say
Dasilva obviously awful
Eccles come into it a bit
Kelly must be fuckin awful in training to not play ahead of lati
Simms is being manhandled every time
Ohare pretty non existent
Team has no leadership
Could wilson have come out for first and third probably
They’ve looked sparky
They’ve looked clinical

Stoke from last year hopefully but I fear it’s more the start of a poor run until sheaf returns

To give them the start was bad but the lack of commitment and desire and drive is deeply disappointing
Thought that going to be a poem, Pete, at first glance. Disappointed with the rhyming.

mark82

The fact we're getting the ball wide and trying to throw crosses into the box is also wrong against a team like Preston. We have 3 tall forwards in Palmer, Simms and Wright but none of them can really head the ball and no-one else can cross it well anyway. Our forwards want it on the floor, ahead of them or into feet but Lati is 15 metres too deep so we keep going wide.
Lati has to come off. Either Torp if he's capable or Kelly can't be any worse.

Astute

@Astute Like i said , stick to ifollow
How pathetic can you get?

I said that they are a big strong side that will play a high press. Correct. Or would you like to try and make this out to be wrong.

I said Wilson in goal because his handling is better. At no time did I say Wilson is the better keeper. I said Collins is the best shot stopper and his distribution is better. Would you like to show where I said Wilson is the better keeper? Of course not. You love to make tour own story up.

And yes I now live outside the UK so rely on ifollow. Is that a crime?

Dhinsa's_Millions

Fucking hell that was torture Simms and Wright the only players getting us in the game. Back line about as bad as I have seen them. Eccles is having a mare. O'Hare very quiet for him. Palmer hopefully will bring something else to the game.
Hoping for multiple stepovers in the second half!

Nick

Administrator
If we're going to replace Bidwell it can be with someone else in the summer, Dasilva cannot start at left back again. As for Wilson, completely set the tone for the half, he panics the defence, he flaps about, and every time he kicks the ball it goes the opposition. An utterly hopeless keeper and the sooner Robins corrects his mistake of sticking him back in the better.

The defenders look nervous as well. Doesn't seem to be any communication.

marrrkjay_ccfc

King has to take his fair share of the blame. The squad is too small. This is what happens when you have 22 players in your squad. Other teams have over 30. 1 RW who's now injured. 1 RB who's running on fumes. No LW cover. CMs are all crocked. CBs who don't look like top championship defenders. This summer we really need to recruit at least 2 players in every position + capable squad players. 28 players minimum.

mrfr

Robins is fucked whatever he does. There’s too many games and no enough players and he knew that coming out of the transfer window. He has to rotate more than he’d like and has to hope players coming in can do a job against decent opposition when in truth he knows some of them just aren’t good enough. The alternative is you play the same XI three times in a week and they all get muscle injuries and everyone on here is going mental about him not resting players. The performance tonight has been coming and some of the responsibility for it is in the boardroom.

LilleSkyBlue

Collins was giving me kittens in his last few games the way he was panicking and kicking it any old where. Not yet convinced he's a clear improvement on Wilson in that respect.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lati is playing like a 3rd centre back, he just doesn't have the anticipation to play this role. He is never near where the ball might drop, is incredibly slow. It's incredible that Robins is persisting with it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Robins obviously trusts him by making him captain, another average player Robins will try and shoe horn into the team at every opportunity like Da Silva

Jamesimus

Lati is fine as a backup centre back. He is not comfortable enough in possession to play in midfield against a team pressing us like Preston are.

Bidwell for DaSilva, Torp for Lati, Kitching for Binks at half time.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If there was ever a half that was a cry for a bigger squad that was it.

SeaSeeEffCee

Worst half of football I have seen from us is in a long, long time. We look liked we’ve been paid off to throw the game.

Dasilva is a complete fucking liability, pathetic excuse for a ‘defender’. Get him off at HT and never start him again.

Starting Wilson equally as calamitous. Rooted to his line, dreadful distributions and clearly makes the defence nervous as fuck.

I’ve seen U5s sides with stronger midfields than Latibeaudiere and Eccles.

Another Thomas horror show as well, keeps getting out of position and losing the ball with a dreadful first touch. Binks not great either.

Van Ewijk is shite on the ball considering his pedigree.

Robins got the starting line up wrong and has changed absolutely nothing to combat their tactics. They’ve absolute bullied us while also passing ring around us. Complete shambles of an evening.

Sick Boy

Genuinely don’t get the desperation to replace Bidwell and the less said about Wilson the better. He’s arguably one of the worst keepers I’ve seen play for us.

mark82

Honestly think we should forget about playoffs this year. On the evidence of recent weeks we have very little chance. Squad is too small.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Write it off, take off the main players and give Maidstone a spanking to get this shite out of our system.

Dhinsa's_Millions

Worst performance in a long time. Dasilva, Thomas absolutely shocking. Eccles and Van Ewijk not much better.
Game over. Not worth risking Torp.
Thomas flatters to deceive a lot of the time because he's committed. I don't see it. So many mistakes. I'd try and get McNally in the summer for that berth. Dasilva shouldn't play for us again. Can't defend.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

King has to take his fair share of the blame. The squad is too small. This is what happens when you have 22 players in your squad. Other teams have over 30. 1 RW who's now injured. 1 RB who's running on fumes. No LW cover. CMs are all crocked. CBs who don't look like top championship defenders. This summer we really need to recruit at least 2 players in every position + capable squad players. 28 players minimum.
Making that 5m signing of a player we have to loan back even more questionable

Users who are viewing this thread