Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (2 Viewers)

Matt smith

We don't massively need creativity there, not against a side that play like PNE.

They can sit and shield the defence and cover when defender move forward. Also Eccles progressive passing isn't that bad.
No to be fair Eccles can do it and should always have the confidence to play those passes

David O'Day

There is no creativity

Don’t know how we win this game now with the lack of creativity

unless you play all three (Palmer o hare and sakamoto)

I can’t see him not starting wright though
The creativity is is the front 4

You don't know at lot about football.

Otis

No to be fair Eccles can do it and should always have the confidence to play those passes
It is a weak pairing though isn't it.

Has to be perhaps the weakest pairing we have had all season hasn't it?

Have those two played before together in that pivotal middle of the park role?

Otis

The creativity is is the front 4

You don't know at lot about football.
Yeah. Torp was looking like a box to box player though wasn't he, or begining too. Often picking the ball up quite deep, but then playing quality balls into forwards at the other end.

What's Lati's passing like overall would you say?

Matt smith

Yeah. Torp was looking like a box to box player though wasn't he, or begining too. Often picking the ball up quite deep, but then playing quality balls into forwards at the other end.

What's Lati's passing like overall would you say?
We all know it’s not our strongest pairing at all

of course I’d like sheaf and Torp to be fit but they’re not

the front four have to earn their money and win us the game

Sky Blue Pete

I really rate Eccles. No way would I ever describe him as weak. It's the two as a pair.

I think Eccles is a mighty fine midfielder at this level..
Torp and sheaf have been marvellous it’s time for Simms and the defence to pull us through

Matt smith

Are Preston as physical this year as they usually are? Quite often in the past we have been outmuscled by them haven't we.
Horses for courses

prefer Bidwell defensively

da silva offers us something different with those penetrative passes to the wide forwards

palmer is great at using his body to get on the half turn from them

Otis

Torp and sheaf have been marvellous it’s time for Simms and the defence to pull us through
Would love that to be the case.

I have just seen quite a bit of criticism of Lati in midfield, that's all.

Any chance MR would risk Kelly and Eccles?

Matt smith

Would love that to be the case.

I have just seen quite a bit of criticism of Lati in midfield, that's all.

Any chance MR would risk Kelly and Eccles?
No chance Kelly starts

Lati is fine in there

I hope binks keeps his place personally

stevefloyd

Sitting in the posh seats tomorrow my sons got a Vip day for my birthday for me prefer to sit in our usual singers seat but at least we get some snap...got to be there at 5.30 though because of the day change so we will be 3 parts pissed by kick off

ccfcno9

They've concided a few goals so I'm thinking Wright,Simms,Palmer to get something forus. I'd be consider keeping Sakamoto and O'Hare on bench to protect from breakage for upcoming games and bring back kitching for physicality.

Astute

Is that actually the rule? I always thought any game scheduled for a Saturday 3pm that gets moved wasn't available for streaming but PNE are saying it's our decision. I can't remember us being able to stream any away games in similar circumstances or a tweet from us saying it was the oppositions fault
Games are normally moved because they are on Sky. Sky has the rights to show through most of Europe and around the world. When this happens it becomes audio only.

Because of where I now live I don’t normally need a VPN. But when on Sky I normally set my VPN to Luxembourg and it normally works. The problem here is we're not used to cup runs so not come across it before 😄

Astute

Are Preston as physical this year as they usually are? Quite often in the past we have been outmuscled by them haven't we.
We certainly have. But at least now we have bigger players that can look after themselves as well as the smaller but more agile players.

Just hope we have a ref who looks out for their 'dark arts' efforts.

Chris1987

Games are normally moved because they are on Sky. Sky has the rights to show through most of Europe and around the world. When this happens it becomes audio only.

Because of where I now live I don’t normally need a VPN. But when on Sky I normally set my VPN to Luxembourg and it normally works. The problem here is we're not used to cup runs so not come across it before 😄
Poland works well

skyblue_55

The usual negativity from CWR will undoubtedly be there tonight , as we all know our record against these isn’t great , but this forum …… we all know what they will bring tonight , physicality, gamesmanship & possibly the usual bust up on the touch line from Lowe .
God knows how they are within touching distance of us , but let’s all play our part in making this as hostile for them & ruin the night of their piss poor support & hope they have a nightmare going back up the M6 , like many of our recent return home journeys.
City back in the top 6 by end of play 👍👍👍

Otis

We certainly have. But at least now we have bigger players that can look after themselves as well as the smaller but more agile players.

Just hope we have a ref who looks out for their 'dark arts' efforts.
Yeah, I was thinking more in terms of Da Silva to be honest.

Wonder if this is the game for him. Seen him outmuscled many a time this season.

If he's further up the pitch it might not quite prove so costly of course.

Hopefully. 🤞

Covkid1968#

Right… I’m going for 2-0 win. Woke up feeling confident.

Users who are viewing this thread