Match Thread Coventry City - Millwall FC Match Thread - Sunday 11th Feb (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Millwall FC match, tactics and predictions :)

PVA

Collins
Van Ewijk Thomas Binks Bidwell
Torp Eccles
Sakamoto OHare Palmer
Wright

I'd go with this but bring Dasilva in for Bidwell.

Bidwell has looked leggy the last few games and far from his best. Dasilva played very well last night so probably deserves a go (otherwise what's the point in having a squad if good performances don't get rewarded).

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

Last edited:

rexo87

Collins

MVE Thomas Binks Bidwell

Torp Eccles

Saka Ohare Wright

Palmer

Palmer up front and dropping deep to create space for the other to run in behind.

Would go Dasilva as he was brilliant last night but feel like Millwall are the type of team to hit cross field balls to his side and use his lack of height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyblueelephant76

Collins

MVE Thomas Binks Bidwell

Torp Eccles

Saka Ohare Wright

Palmer

Palmer up front and dropping deep to create space for the other to run in behind.

Would go Dasilva as he was brilliant last night but feel like Millwall are the type of team to hit cross field balls to his side and use his lack of height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You watched last night and your conclusion was that Palmer should start up front? It's not happening and that's not how we play.

We still use the forward to stretch the opposition and provide a threat in behind. That creates the space for O'Hare/Palmer coming from deeper.

ccfcricoh

i thought Dasilva was one of the best players on the pitch last night and at home against Millwall we shouldnt need Bidwell as defensive back up.

Lets go more attacking, i wouldnt be against the same team bar the GK changing

Astute

You watched last night and your conclusion was that Palmer should start up front? It's not happening and that's not how we play.

We still use the forward to stretch the opposition and provide a threat in behind. That creates the space for O'Hare/Palmer coming from deeper.
Wright and Palmer interchangeable on the left/middle. Would create havoc for them. Both very good at the same role. If they try to man mark the pair of them it would leave lots of space for the others.

SonofErnie

i thought Dasilva was one of the best players on the pitch last night and at home against Millwall we shouldnt need Bidwell as defensive back up.

Lets go more attacking, i wouldnt be against the same team bar the GK changing
I’d be surprised if Thomas doesn’t come back in for added security defending set pieces.

mmttww

Thomas and Collins back in. Didn't watch last night but Da Silva's done his chances of starting no harm.

Hobo

Millwall have the worst goal scoring record outside the bottom three, but then their goals against isn't too dramatic either.

They always strike me as a dogged and well organised side, who have perhaps being over achieving the last few seasons?

No game is easy in this league and nothing is a given. I often think early KO's can knock players off their stride. But we should have enough to get all three points here. Expecting a tight game.

AOM

Collins
Van Ewijk Thomas Binks Bidwell
Torp Eccles
Sakamoto OHare Palmer
Wright

This is what I'd go with too.

Sakamoto has looked pretty shattered recently though, so wouldn't be surprised if he moves Wright out wide and puts Godden up front

SBT

Bidwell had a very good game against them at The Den so I’d expect him to start.

Sakamoto also tore them to shreds back in November but I think he needs a rest and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him benched.

mmttww

if we accept that Sakamoto looks a bit burned out and needs a rest, I'd go...

Collins
MvE
Thomas
Binks
Da Silva
Eccles
Torp
O'Hare
Wright
Simms
Palmer

Wright's left foot is strong enough for him to cut in from the right flank. Might work!

PVA

They're still playing that absolute donkey Murray Wallace at left wing back, who has a stinker each time we play them.

I expect Sakamoto to have a field day against him again.

SkyBlueMatt

if we accept that Sakamoto looks a bit burned out and needs a rest, I'd go...

Collins
MvE
Thomas
Binks
Da Silva
Eccles
Torp
O'Hare
Wright
Simms
Palmer

Wright's left foot is strong enough for him to cut in from the right flank. Might work!

Saka needs a rest. So I'd go for this, or Simms on the right and Wright in the middle. Either way, we have an opportunity now Wright is back and Palmer has done well on the left.

Ashdown

Stupid bloody kick off, doing block 4 this time for a change. Although I don’t give score predictions I feel we can beat anyone in this division on our day now.
Simms to score to boost his confidence, and if he does after ‘that’ glaring miss though I hope we don’t get the rather irritating shhhh with the finger.

Warwickhunt

Tavares did not look out of place when covering for Sakamoto might be worth persevering with until the end of season. Wondering if Sakamoto could do the Jamie Allen role once in a while?

JohnWH

Either going to be 2-1 squeaky win, or a 5+ goal wind up. Take the attacking initiative early with any chances see what gets through

Edit: sorry, for no reason whatsoever my mind was on the Maidstone draw. Suppose my comments can still stand vs. Millwall instead

ptr

Stick with Palmer - Wright - Sakamoto as the front 3.
‘BUt WriGht HaS bEEn GooD oN the LefT’

Yes he has but it’s time to have a striker that sticks the ball in the net consistently. Might not be him but it certainly isn’t the other two at the moment.

ptr

Wonder who will win the captains armband this week? Seems to be a curse atm. Either get dropped or injured.

Thomas hasn’t had a go yet but assume it will be Bidwell.

slowpoke

They're still playing that absolute donkey Murray Wallace at left wing back, who has a stinker each time we play them.

I expect Sakamoto to have a field day against him again.
Get a fuchin’ hat-trick now🤨

slowpoke

Hopefully everyone is fit I think Collins & Thomas to come back, toss up for left back, when you look at the subs bench suddenly looks a bit sparse with Sheaf & Allen injured, Kitching suspended and McFadz gone it’s a bit light but I guess not as light as Millwalls

MikeyMoo

Just not sure who you can swap out for Sakamoto. Someone suggested Simms or Godden centre, Palmer left, Wright right? Might work. Otherwise he’s never going to get a break. Tavares other option I guess.

Manchester_sky_blue

Just not sure who you can swap out for Sakamoto. Someone suggested Simms or Godden centre, Palmer left, Wright right? Might work. Otherwise he’s never going to get a break. Tavares other option I guess.
Not suggesting we should try it but if we were really in a pinch we could deploy Da Silva on the left with Palmer switching to the right.

PVA

Simms played on the right against Stoke, plus a couple of sub appearances.

skyblueelephant76

We're playing Tuesday/Sunday, I agree with everyone that Sakamoto looked tired last night bit there's no reason he shouldn't be playing at the weekend - especially against a fullback be almost retired last time.

Users who are viewing this thread