Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (9 Viewers)

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Collins

lati Bobby binks bidwell
Kelly sheaf Eccles
Palmer da silva
Godden
Kelly over Torp would seem a bit odd unless the latter picked up an injury? I can see Wright and MVE being on the bench but Simms starting rather than Godden. Have to wait and see i guess, i just worry Sunday's going to have taken too much of a toll and we don't have the depth (that line up above would concern me).

mmttww

Collins

lati Bobby binks bidwell
Kelly sheaf Eccles
Palmer da silva
Godden

Dog Oops GIF by AFV Pets

napolimp

Had another glance at the league table and I think there's going to be a few twists and turns before the end of the season. Win tonight and we give ourselves a fighting chance at an exciting finale. West Brom play a Wednesday team at the weekend who know a loss could leave them 2 points adrift in the drop zone going into the final day. Birmingham could go into their final match with Norwich needing a win for survival. Who knows, even 3 wins and a draw could end up being enough.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Probably having a bit of a brain spasm after Sunday but I've gone from 'no chance of the play offs now' to 'we can still do this'.

Big ask, and fatigue is bound to be an issue but we while there's a chance we should go for it

We can still do it.

Sure, it is a big ask, but if we win our two games in hand realistically we are right back in it. All we need is either West Brom or Norwich to fuck up in one of their two last games and we can overtake them if we do our business in the last two following that. Yes, that probably means the full four wins, but if we were to get them I can see us sneaking in. Goal difference potentially could even come into it.

People throwing this game are mad in my opinion. I guess it is just the hangover from Sunday, but surely the best way to put that behind us is to go charging at the playoffs. I want to see us take that anger out on Hull tonight and bring in the three points.

fernandopartridge

We can still do it.

Sure, it is a big ask, but if we win our two games in hand realistically we are right back in it. All we need is either West Brom or Norwich to fuck up in one of their two last games and we can overtake them if we do our business in the last two following that. Yes, that probably means the full four wins, but if we were to get them I can see us sneaking in. Goal difference potentially could even come into it.

People throwing this game are mad in my opinion. I guess it is just the hangover from Sunday, but surely the best way to put that behind us is to go charging at the playoffs. I want to see us take that anger out on Hull tonight and bring in the three points.

We have got nothing to lose now, play with that mentality imo

Otis

3-1 Coventry. A good crowd tonight, a buzzing atmosphere. Adrenalin still flowing - players and supporters. The miracle is still on. It will be one of those nights.
If it is, I WILL then fancy our chances, because momentum is everything.

Just can't see us winning tonight and don't Hull have a good pretty record against us here? Against us in general I think.

Sky Blue Harry H

Think first goal tonight likely to be key. If we get it, we may have the impetus to grind out a result; if Hull get it, we may well deflate like a burst balloon after the weekends exertions.

SkyB

Collins
Lati Bobby Binks Bidwell
Eccles Kelly Torp
Kasey Haji
Simms

I think that's a team that'll go out there a put up a good fight. O'hare, Tav, Milan and Sheaf on at 60 would be huge.

ccfcricoh

id rather start with the stronger team knowing you may need to bring some off earlier, if the likes of Sheaf/MVE have only got 45mins in them, i think it should be the 1st half, if we go a goal down i think we will struggle, dont want to be chasing this game at any stage ideally

SkyBlueSoul

I'm still mentally drained from Sunday, really wasn't feeling the 4-hour round trip the last couple of days. Got my shit together though, by Christ they deserve my support after that comeback.

A bit pointless trying to predict anything without knowing how many changes we'll make and how fatigue (mental and physical) will affect those playing. As long as we put in a solid display and the SBA give them a hero's welcome.

Flying Fokker

If it is, I WILL then fancy our chances, because momentum is everything.

Just can't see us winning tonight and don't Hull have a good pretty record against us here? Against us in general I think.
Damn pretty right.

Offhegoes

Factoring in tiredness, and on the basis that Fabio is fit, I'd go for.

Collins
MVE Thomas Binks Bidwell
Sheaf Eccles
Torp
Tavares Simms Palmer

MVE, Sheaf & Simms off before the hour for Lati (RB), Kelly (CM) and Godden (ST)

Mucca Mad Boys

Jim
I'm still mentally drained from Sunday, really wasn't feeling the 4-hour round trip the last couple of days. Got my shit together though, by Christ they deserve my support after that comeback.

A bit pointless trying to predict anything without knowing how many changes we'll make and how fatigue (mental and physical) will affect those playing. As long as we put in a solid display and the SBA give them a hero's welcome.

Same boat here! I’m not 100% ready for the 2 hour commute after work to watch football!

We go again and a good 3 points to keep the dream alive is what the doctor ordered! Despite my pessimism today!

djr8369

I would think the players will be bang up for it tonight after Sunday. The way they ended that game, but so cruelly lost on penalties.
The question is fatigue of course. I would start strong as possible, with only a few changes, and use our subs wisely. We have some good cover on the bench with Allen, Palmer, Tavares, Godden, Dasilva, Binks and Kelly, who could all do a job off the bench tonight
I would think they’ll be emotionally deflated and physically exhausted but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Deity

Tonight is our chance to say thank you for Sunday. The players and staff deserve th

it is not a massive match, if you think it is then you haven’t looked at the league table or upcoming fixtures.

Just because something is mathematically possible doesn’t make it likely or probable.

Mucca Mad Boys

Tonight is our chance to say thank you for Sunday. The players and staff deserve th

it is not a massive match, if you think it is then you haven’t looked at the league table or upcoming fixtures.

Just because something is mathematically possible doesn’t make it likely or probable.

We are 3 points off playoffs if we win our games in hand. It takes 1 loss or 2 daws for us to claw that back.

To quote Neil Warnock, we’ve got to ‘die for 3 points’.

Personally, I think 4 wins is too big an ask, but if results go our way, 3 wins and a draw could do it too.

Sport Warnock GIF by nss sports

Deity

4 Wins is no bigger ask than over turning a three goal deficit with 19 mins to go against the biggest club in the world.

Got to give it a go, you never know.
There is one huge difference…. It’s not in our hands ….. We also need other teams to slip up in their 2 remaining matches. I expect both to win on Saturday.

Kneeza

No idea who votes Hull worst city in UK !?
Clearly never been there. Almost like an urban myth. The town centre puts ours to shame, and it’s not even that special. I’d argue that there are far more parts of Hull that are easy on the eye and with better housing stock than our fair city. And then maybe compare their Marina with our Canal Basin ! It’s a decent city and I know a lot of Hull lads. They also seem to have a decent owner again and are on a similar path to us. Def can’t call this game. Not sure where our heads are, as mine hasn’t been straight for a couple of days.
Totally agree. I have some great memories of Kingston upon Hull. Good city.

Otis

There is one huge difference…. It’s not in our hands ….. We also need other teams to slip up in their 2 remaining matches. I expect both to win on Saturday.
You can't predict anything at this stage of the season and Swansea have won their last three games, so are well capable of getting something at Norwich and Sheff Weds still have everything to play for in order to try and survive and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they beat West Brom.

I don't expect either to win. But then in saying that, I don't expect us to win tonight and Saturday either.

It's a mad time of the season, so I am expecting nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread