Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (10 Viewers)

Milne Out

No idea who votes Hull worst city in UK !?
Clearly never been there. Almost like an urban myth. The town centre puts ours to shame, and it’s not even that special. I’d argue that there are far more parts of Hull that are easy on the eye and with better housing stock than our fair city. And then maybe compare their Marina with our Canal Basin ! It’s a decent city and I know a lot of Hull lads. They also seem to have a decent owner again and are on a similar path to us. Def can’t call this game. Not sure where our heads are, as mine hasn’t been straight for a couple of days.

The watchmaker

Not sure I care about the result today. I'm just looking forward to spending a couple of hours cathartically chanting about things the powers-that-be can shove up their backside to the tune of 'she'll be coming round the mountain'.

'You can shove your VAR/Offside laws/box of crayons up your @...'

People are going to look at me funny in the office but... F#k 'em.

MTK

Hull bashing us and us bashing Hull is a LOL. We're basically the same city; smashed in the Blitz, post-industrial decline, seminal musicians from the same period, now reliant on Universities and B2B as City of Culture.
This. I went to university in Hull and always thought the two cities had many similarities. I still have a lot of fondness for it. I’ve enjoyed going back on away trips

Blind-Faith

Couldn’t blame the players if Sunday has taken it out of them, but we just need a win. Quite like the fact going up tonight , I’ve got no idea what to expect.

Trueskyblue20

Lots of people advocating for some big changes to rest certain players in the team tonight.

At the minute we have a (very slim) chance at playoffs and only 4 games left until the summer break. We need to play our strongest team until we reach a point where it is mathematically impossible to get top 6, and then we can rest some.

There will be some obvious fatigue but you would imagine the likes of Sheaf will be desperate to start and prove a point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVA

God knows what the team will look like. Surely going to be some very tired legs.

I think Tavares (if fit), Torp, Binks and Dasilva did enough to earn a start.

MVE, Thomas, Sheaf, O'Hare, Wright and Simms all candidates for a rest after the absolute shift they put in on Sunday but I don't see how we can rest them all.

Sky Blue Wozza

I live 20 mins away from Hull and it’s fine. Steely, independent vibe and, as others have said, got bombed to shit like Cov in the war. People round here don’t take themselves too seriously like the rest of Yorkshire, either. Never had a problem at any of the away games up here.

But, obviously, fuck ‘em tonight.

Otis

Lots of people advocating for some big changes to rest certain players in the team tonight.

At the minute we have a (very slim) chance at playoffs and only 4 games left until the summer break. We need to play our strongest team until we reach a point where it is mathematically impossible to get top 6, and then we can rest some.

There will be some obvious fatigue but you would imagine the likes of Sheaf will be desperate to start and prove a point.

Yeah, get that, but if certain players are fatigued and exhausted, then if they play, it's not our strongest team, because they can't play at their normal level.

It makes absolute sense to make some changes tonight if some are dead on their feet. They might well be total passengers if they played and risk injury too.

JSL

But rest players for what? There's only 4 matches left. Even if they are rested, they will still be subs and get played at some point in the game.

rexo87

Hull are pretty good, especially away from home and have Delap back who makes a big difference. Would be very pleasantly surprised with a win

Offhegoes

I would think the players will be bang up for it tonight after Sunday. The way they ended that game, but so cruelly lost on penalties.
The question is fatigue of course. I would start strong as possible, with only a few changes, and use our subs wisely. We have some good cover on the bench with Allen, Palmer, Tavares, Godden, Dasilva, Binks and Kelly, who could all do a job off the bench tonight

Boicey

The problem will be keeping momentum once the tiredness clicks in. We might start ok but once there’s a lull we might wind down quite a lot.
Need Palmer to be on it to provide a spark.

Speedies_Chips

I get what you're saying but in my book, Sheaf has nothing to prove. We all know he is brilliant.

skybluecam

I would think the players will be bang up for it tonight after Sunday. The way they ended that game, but so cruelly lost on penalties.
The question is fatigue of course. I would start strong as possible, with only a few changes, and use our subs wisely. We have some good cover on the bench with Allen, Palmer, Tavares, Godden, Dasilva, Binks and Kelly, who could all do a job off the bench tonight
Palmer, Tavares, Binks and Dasilva should start if fit.

skybluecam

I’m trying to get there early tonight. Want to give the lads a proper reception after Sunday. Would be great if everyone was in their seats for the walkout, have a real roar to greet the team.

procdoc

we should treat this and if we win the three games after as cup finals. Just go for it form the off, we have the firepower to blow anyone away. Also defending isn't our forte, our best form of defense is attack.

Collins
MVE Thomas Binks Bidwell
Sheaf Torp
Tavares (if fit) Palmer Wright
Simms

Rest O'Hare and get Eccles on for Sheaf after about an hour. Can also use Lati, Allen and Godden from the bench if necessary

JSL

we should treat this and if we win the three games after as cup finals. Just go for it form the off, we have the firepower to blow anyone away. Also defending isn't our forte, our best form of defense is attack.

Collins
MVE Thomas Binks Bidwell
Sheaf Torp
Tavares (if fit) Palmer Wright
Simms

Rest O'Hare and get Eccles on for Sheaf after about an hour. Can also use Lati, Allen and Godden from the bench if necessary

I think the same. I am not sure Tavares will make it though

clint van damme

Probably having a bit of a brain spasm after Sunday but I've gone from 'no chance of the play offs now' to 'we can still do this'.

Big ask, and fatigue is bound to be an issue but we while there's a chance we should go for it

Covkid1968#

This has been asked so many times but I cant be arsed to find the answer. What time do the players turn up. for an evening game. Im going to sprinkle a path of petals from the bus to the changing room.

JSL

Imagine if we had got something from the Cardiff and Birmingham games. That could be our achilles heel

chiefdave

Have to leave this one up to the management team to decide who physically and mentally are in a position to be starting tonight

Going to be hard to get them up for this after the weekend, just hope people don't get on their backs if we're not 3-0 up in 30 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread