Coventry City ground share with Coventry RFC at Butts Park Arena could be back on (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

I would happily play there , but just can't see it happening

Logistically it would be a nightmare , is there room ?

Much the same. I also worry about the proposed capacity and what it could rise to. I'd be flabbergasted if it got done in the first place and beyond flabbergasted if the capacity ever rose beyond that.

Evo1883

If it could get to 20,000 ...somehow , we don't need any more than that for the foreseeable future , if ever really .

However again , I just can't see how this is possible

skybluesam66

20000 is more than enough for any division up to the championship
if by any miracle we did get to the premier league with that level of income and parachute payment protection - we could reconsider then (and if that happened the council would be jizzing in their pants to get back into bed with ccfc)

letsallsingtogether

20000 is more than enough for any division up to the championship
if by any miracle we did get to the premier league with that level of income and parachute payment protection - we could reconsider then (and if that happened the council would be jizzing in their pants to get back into bed with ccfc)
By the time we get to the pram they will all be dead and a new council of Birmingham will be in place........
We really are fucked;)

martcov

The rest is accurate though? ;)

If Steve does know something then Simon probably does. Although the timing of Simon's piece looks good ( disastrous position for CCFC to be in ), why didn't he wait until the day after today's meeting? If the meeting brings good news then Les will have a field day at Simon's expense. May even bring out a book...;-)

Kingokings204

I just don't see it at the end of the article it states more to follow or update to follow meaning let's all raise Cov fans hopes this morning and then by 5pm an article gets released saying job sharp says fuck off to sisu.

Gosford Green

Actually this none story came from the CT read into it (SISU / CCFC had nothing to do with it) and it is the usual misleading headlines that fool a few of their readership. Shit stirring or just desperate to find something to fill their comedy paper ?

Kingokings204

The ground isn't big enough and has the right access. We all know that but worrying nothing would be in place for end of next season.

Can't help but think this article is click bait and then the usual raise fans hopes then piss on their chips later in the day. Blaming sisu again for having no funds or money to develop.

martcov

The ground isn't big enough and has the right access. We all know that but worrying nothing would be in place for end of next season.

Can't help but think this article is click bait and then the usual raise fans hopes then piss on their chips later in the day. Blaming sisu again for having no funds or money to develop.

Maybe the development has more to do with training facilities, which together with facilities at Warwick uni would be enough for category 2.. Just a thought as this coincides with the meeting about the academy. Also, if CCFC can get it, having the potential for a temporary home in case the Ricoh talks continue to stall would be prudent.

Gosford Green

Can't help but think this article is click bait and then the usual raise fans hopes then piss on their chips later in the day. Blaming sisu again for having no funds or money to develop.[/QUOTE]

They have not helped the club at all recently, especially Mowbray. The daily back page banner about non existent signings and the selected wordings of his quotes made him look rather ridiculous. The club could do a lot worse then tell to to fuck off and advise TM to totally blank them.

SkyBlueZack

Confidential terms is the same as an undisclosed transfer fee is it not? There both business transactions. They would both involve contracts and an asset/s. Now if were suspicious of undisclosed transfer fees, why are we not suspicious of confidential terms?

Red John

Location is fantastic, but surrounding infrastructure limits expansion massively, would cost serious money to upgrade it to serve our purposes and then the possibility of moving again if we ever get back to prem.....? Can't help but feel this is a non starter and purely a bit of leverage in the hope of getting negotiations for Ricoh lease going again.
Really hope I'm wrong as we need our own ground but that's the catch with the butts.....it still wouldn't belong to us. Fuck me what a mess this great club is in....everybody involved should hang their heads in shame

idm1975

Confidential terms is the same as an undisclosed transfer fee is it not? There both business transactions. They would both involve contracts and an asset/s. Now if were suspicious of undisclosed transfer fees, why are we not suspicious of confidential terms?
I'm not

dongonzalos

Unfortunately we have seen recently what clauses can be inserted in any sale.
Would have been far more hopeful if there was s quite from Nr Sharpe saying yes now we can start doing business with CCFC

martcov

Would have been far more hopeful if there was s quite from Nr Sharpe saying yes now we can start doing business with CCFC

Give him a chance..... Also he would have to discuss the timing of any announcement first with any interested parties.

ClarkeZ

Wow
Still love the location of the Butts but hate the concept of a 15k stadium.
Especially at that location? it will not be enough.
I know people will say but we only get 8k now.
However the Butts is a far superior location to the Ricoh.
If it is true that the club will be financially better, if it can build its own stadium. Then you have to believe there is a possibility of some success again.
Very quickly demand will outstrip supply which will mean ticket prices shooting up.

But I must say what a location.
I disagree about the concept. I would much much rather be in a 15k, with expansion ability later in time, and have 10-12k each week so the place feels full, an atmosphere is generated and games become more fun. Nothing worse than a half empty stadium, or 3/4 empty at the moment.

Location is perfect, a few beers in town and walk to the ground, then walk home. Getting the train? No problem, get off at cov station, have a beer and then walk to the ground. Lesser outgoing costs than the RICOH. The positives go on and on.

I still can't see this becoming reality, the inner cynic in my wont let me get excited, but it's far and away the best option in my eyes.

Nick

Administrator

The deal only happened last night didn't it?

Imagine the fun and games if he comes out and says that straight away....

Skyblueweeman

So. Millerchip sells the lease to CRFC with CA resigning a few days before. Hypothetical conversation follows.

CA: Good news, we've just been informed that CRFC are going to take control of the lease so we can press ahead with our joint development plans.

SISU: Oh, er, this is awkward. Thing is we don't actually have any money for that it was all a bluff.

CA: What?

SISU: Yeah, a bluff.

Penny dropping

CA: You'll have my resignation in the morning.

Like I said. Hypothetical ;)

Not often I agree with you Tony, but I had similar thoughts. I don't see this as good news.

CA wanted to keep us in Cov...an option shows itself and he goes?

Never a dull day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

The deal only happened last night didn't it?

Imagine the fun and games if he comes out and says that straight away....

I know, it doesn't sound good to me.
However also part of ne also thinks despite that I love the location and I know we are desperate.
I can't help but think 15k isn't enough and we want increase it. We will just joke ticket prices.

hill83

Get the drawings in then, I'll get my shovel ;)

Nv6Yhef.jpg

T3c0U

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
still comes back to I will believe it when I see it, still not convinced anything suitable for both can be done on that site

One of the biggest problems I see for both CCFC & CRFC is the length of time it could take to get it done, neither club can afford long timescales and both could be gone before it starts....... let alone raising the £20m plus to pay for it (I would think that is the bare minimum required but I wouldn't be surprised at it being much more)

lot more twists and turns yet, will wait see but have no confidence of it ever happening

jimmyhillsfanclub

I take everything I read with a massive bucketful of salt.....but just imagine, CCFC & CRFC sharing a ground in Coventry, supported by Coventrians.....packed full to the rafters.....the heart and soul of the community.....

...and those out of town stripy cunts & all their "nouveau fans" can sit & rot in steadily declining numbers, in a soulless crumbling concrete bowl by the M6.....

You may say I'm a dreamer.....

Happy Wednesday.

Nick

Administrator
It is a story that he has agreed to sell it.

It is a long way away from a move being back on though which is how it is being spun.

There will be a lot more to this.

Users who are viewing this thread