Coventry City caught selling old Leicester City tops as new kit for £15 (1 Viewer)

W

westcountry_skyblue

You couldn't make it up !!
Just waiting for Billy Smart to appear now !!!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Does anyone know whether there is a label inside saying "genuine CCFC garment" . ?

How on earth does this come about. Do CCFC phone them and ask for any left overs, or do LCFC check their cupboard and say "we've got some left overs - those suckers down the road will have them "

"Hello, Leicester City....how can I help ?" ......................make up your own conversation.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

I can't see why this would be an error on the Club's/owners part, it would be down to the manufacturers, in this case Puma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

perhaps the idea is we buy them for £20 per shirt and then sneakily sell them for them for £15. Every little helps.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Things get recycled back into market places all the time.

We have a customer in work who is one of the UK's biggest distributer for Duracell batteries and he couldn't understand why people were selling product on eBay cheaper than he could buy it direct from Duracell in bulk. So he bought some of eBay and gave it to his local rep who sent it of to the factory for investigation.

It turned out to be from a load of old stock that had been sent to the far east for recycling but instead of being recycled it was sold on and shipped back to the UK.

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar has happened here to be fair to SISU.

theferret

I'm sure there is a fairly reasonable explanation for it, but of all the teams it could have been, had to be Leicester :facepalm:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What is inexcusable is that we are taken as mugs: someone at the club would have spotted the error but decided to market them anyhow : "they won't notice that King Power logo, just put them on the hangers and sell 'em. " That's an insult to supporters.

blend

I would have hoped that when they stocked the shelves and hangers there are checks for this kind of thing. As a business you want to make sure you aren't getting mugged off and that your customers are happy with the products. If it was on my watch as any kind of manager (store manager, marketing manager, etc) I would be livid.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

They must know. They must know that we know and if they are STILL selling them that is a disgrace. I can feel a banner "we are CCFC not LCFC " at Saturday's game coming on......

Covcraig@bury

I must admit . I bought one of them inbred tops . I needed to wipe my arse after eating a dodgy ruby. Nice and soft just like their baby squad . Haha !!!

skybluelee

What is inexcusable is that we are taken as mugs: someone at the club would have spotted the error but decided to market them anyhow : "they won't notice that King Power logo, just put them on the hangers and sell 'em. " That's an insult to supporters.

Yeah, cos that really would have happened. Jesus christ.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread