Could the CBS Arena be extended? (1 Viewer)

ccfcchris

Taking away the argument some will put forward that we're a small club and don't need it. Would it be possible?

Grendel

Taking away the argument some will put forward that we're a small club and don't need it. Would it be possible?

i doubt the lease arrangement would allow it tbh

Gint11

Never happen. We’d have to sell the ground out for years before it’s considered. Even if we got promoted, after a few years the euphoria to go and watch premier league would slightly dwindle and our crowds would probably drop a bit

Evo1883

Never happen. We’d have to sell the ground out for years before it’s considered. Even if we got promoted, after a few years the euphoria to go and watch premier league would slightly dwindle and our crowds would probably drop a bit

Where else these days have the crowds dwindled ? It wouldn't happen these days unless our fans truly believe our club is one on its own

fatso

Not possible, this was a question that was asked at the time of construction, and the answer was a very firm no.
Something to do with the footings for the stands, and the high cost involved of creating a sub structure for future expansion that was unlikely to be needed.

Anyway, our stadium is already almost twice the size of Brenfords, and capacity has not held them back.

slowpoke

Big project but could corporate boxes be added round top of the north stand to the East stand. Only other way would be to redesign the West stand can’t see it though.

Boosh

If they are going to book acts as good as harry styles they almost certainly need to plan for an extension even if it is temporary

shmmeee

Been thinking about this. Sim City on sandbox mode style: extend over the rail line. Move the station into the stadium building and have bars/cafes there and by the canal. Extend the main stand up/back, could do the ends or up and over the exhibition hall I guess. I’d build a multi-story as well. I noticed the Johann Cryuff Arena has it all under the bowl which is quite cool.

Martw

I have no formal record of this but I'
Big project but could corporate boxes be added round top of the north stand to the East stand. Only other way would be to redesign the West stand can’t see it though.

m sure when it was built, there were comments that it had been designed to be extended and a tier added to the stand opposite the players entrance stand (sorry, have no idea its proper name!) probably wrong but worth trying to dig through the press stuff at the time maybe

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Where else these days have the crowds dwindled ? It wouldn't happen these days unless our fans truly believe our club is one on its own
If we get promoted and spend 3 years fighting relegation we will be down to averaging 25k at most.

Greggs

you
It's likely you and 15000 others will forget about supporting us in a week. We need 30000 proper fans before we think about such a fucking stupid idea. Our training ground is the size of a tennis court and out ticket office is run by 2 people, but yeah - lets just spend 100 million on making a stadium we rent bigger - on the off chance we go up. Fucking hell, i miss the days when this forum wasn't full of dorks....

pusbccfc

If they are going to book acts as good as harry styles they almost certainly need to plan for an extension even if it is temporary

There's absolutely tons of tickets available. A mate of mine is trying to sell his for tomorrow and is struggling to get most his money back.

robbiethemole

actually the design is capable of being extended by adding a cantilever second tier behind both goals. I read something a long time ago about the possibilty of extensions and it was a feasable thing.

NorthernWisdom

Not possible, this was a question that was asked at the time of construction, and the answer was a very firm no.
Something to do with the footings for the stands, and the high cost involved of creating a sub structure for future expansion that was unlikely to be needed.
Correct. By the time the plans had been scaled down, we were into the territory of just get it up.

The Philosopher

They increased the Rangers Ibrox capacity by lowering the pitch slightly in the 90s. I think this enabled some more rows at the front.

Maybe that’s possible without disrupting the stadium structure.

skyblu3sk

you

It's likely you and 15000 others will forget about supporting us in a week. We need 30000 proper fans before we think about such a fucking stupid idea. Our training ground is the size of a tennis court and out ticket office is run by 2 people, but yeah - lets just spend 100 million on making a stadium we rent bigger - on the off chance we go up. Fucking hell, i miss the days when this forum wasn't full of dorks....
So you aren't completely against it yeah...

GaryPendrysEyes

The CBS always has the feeling of a 3 stand stadium with the West stand being a mess of press and media sections.
Could the west stand be gutted out and more traditional banks of seating put in?

NorthernWisdom

you

I think they're all prepping to burgle everybody's houses, the number of threads about where you're going from, when, and whether you're taking your car...

Boosh

There's absolutely tons of tickets available. A mate of mine is trying to sell his for tomorrow and is struggling to get most his money back.

We know that’s not true… you don’t have any mates😉

skyblue1991

Worth stating that on the thread for fans looking for tickets, someone will snap them up!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They increased the Rangers Ibrox capacity by lowering the pitch slightly in the 90s. I think this enabled some more rows at the front.

Maybe that’s possible without disrupting the stadium structure.
We have enough problem with the grass without sinking it even further into the earth.

djr8369

actually the design is capable of being extended by adding a cantilever second tier behind both goals. I read something a long time ago about the possibilty of extensions and it was a feasable thing.
I was looking at the stadium during the first leg game and thinking this would be only viable option.

Realistically don’t think it will ever be needed, especially when we’re renting. Capacity is about right for top end champ/low end prem and the city size. Investment could be made in infrastructure and match day experience though.

bigfatronssba

There’s plenty of room behind the East Stand for expansion.
If you added an upper tier it would sit over the area between the turnstiles and the road

Users who are viewing this thread