Connor Thomas to Liverpool - Bizzare! (1 Viewer)

jphccfc

1644 DONE DEAL: It's a Liverpool signing, but not the one we are all waiting for. The Reds have signed 17-year-old midfielder Conor Thomas from Coventry on loan until the end of the season. He made his Sky Blues debut in Saturday's defeat by Birmingham City.

InterSkyBlues

I was trying to think the better of SISU until this - we now have who in midfield for tomorrow night? We better be getting someone back in exchange - part of a bigger deal......

Pleased for Connor tho - what a chance! Good learning curve for the young man!

Jimthor

Who the hell saw that one coming?! I know he's highly rated and all, but i didn't realise he was considered THAT good!
Surely we've got a fee for this? Without him we're so thin on centre midfield options, with Doyle now gone too.
Also, anyone know what sort of contract we have him on? If he moves in the summer will Liverpool have to pay for him? Wonder how much we'd be looking at getting?

Pigeon

that was unexpected, been watchin all day for Westie not little Thomas! Great for the lad. But we dont ave a midfield now..?

jphccfc

NEWS: Thomas on loan to Liverpool
Posted on: Mon 31 Jan 2011
Coventry City midfielder Conor Thomas has joined Liverpool on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.

The 17-year-old has started only one match for the Sky Blues - Saturday's FA Cup tie at Birmingham City - and has made one more appearance as a substitute.

Il Pirata

Knowing how we operate it'll be £0.1m rising to £5m after 100 caps for Taiwan.

I really don't understand this deal, they either want him or they don't. Obviously if they have £40m for Carroll they can't spare a few million for our lad.

KarmicChris

I can't imagine it'll be a massive fee, Liverpool's website says he's going into the Acadamy. Maybe it'll be in the contract that if he gets sold out we'll get a cut of that fee?

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Well he's on loan so they want to have a good look at him before making an offer in him the summer I guess. We really need a couple of midfielders now!

SkyBlueMania

what the f*ck is going on here?! Thomas is going to Liverpool to join their academy?! Unless a large fee has been agreed i do not see how we benefit from this in the slightest. i didn't think he was great on saturday but the lad is only young. I hope there is something coming the other way in the next few hours or i'm going to have to take a break from club before it drives me f*cking round the twist!!!!!

gouldberg

Ireland
Keogh--Cranie--Turner--O'Halloran
Baker--Gunnarsson--Clingan--McSheffrey
King--Platt

Subs: Quirke, Wood, Cameron, Bell, Eastwood, Jutkiewicz, O'Donovan
Reserves: Clarke, McIndoe, Grogan, Ruffles, Bottomer
Injured: Carsley, Osbourne, Deegan, McPake​

You watch Ranson try to say we have more than enough players when everyone's fit.......he's nearly as predictable as an IE error report. Probably as irritating too.

Jay88

yeah bizarre one that! good for Connor though to be training with and shadowing players like Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, etc. Hopefully we've got a centre midfielder lined up on loan. Thought he was decent against brum.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Ireland
Keogh--Cranie--Turner--O'Halloran
Baker--Gunnarsson--Clingan--McSheffrey
King--Platt

Subs: Quirke, Wood, Cameron, Bell, Eastwood, Jutkiewicz, O'Donovan
Reserves: Clarke, McIndoe, Grogan, Ruffles, Bottomer
Injured: Carsley, Osbourne, Deegan, McPake​

You watch Ranson try to say we have more than enough players when everyone's fit.......he's nearly as predictable as an IE error report. Probably as irritating too.

Isn't Clingan injured untill the end of the season?

gouldberg

Ah, my mistake if that is the case. If it is then move Clingan onto injured list, stick Baker into the middle with Bell on the right and McIndoe or Ruffles etc would go onto the bench. Either way i get the feeling Ranson will come up with the typical lines and pretend everything is fine. Maybe he's just a little too busy with Malmo and learning Swedish to focus on Coventry City Football Club.

Edit: It is indeed the case, forgot he pulled up before the Birmingham game, thanks for reminding me :)

Last edited:

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Ah, my mistake if that is the case. If it is then move Clingan onto injured list, stick Baker into the middle with Bell on the right and McIndoe or Ruffles etc would go onto the bench. Either way i get the feeling Ranson will come up with the typical lines and pretend everything is fine. Maybe he's just a little too busy with Malmo and learning Swedish to focus on Coventry City Football Club.

Edit: It is indeed the case, forgot he pulled up before the Birmingham game, thanks for reminding me :)

Haha i'm still unsure myself whether it's the whole season or not either way we're a joke, Ruffles in the first team for Forest?

skybluewill

Can't see how this deal is benefiting us I would like to know how much the loan deal was worth. If we are now lining up a good player as a replacement in midfield (which I doubt)then fine but it seems strange to me.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User

Where have people got this information on Malmo from???

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Where have people got this information on Malmo from???

It's on GMK "Ranson and SISU believed to be in talks with FC MALMO ahead of a proposed takeover!"

I would link you up but GMK has crashed!:confused:

I dunno about you, but I'm looking forward to seeing Aidy's new 5-0-5 formation... :p

But seriously, how on earth we've gone from 6 available central midfielders to 2 in just a few days is rather disturbing...

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I dunno about you, but I'm looking forward to seeing Aidy's new 5-0-5 formation... :p

But seriously, how on earth we've gone from 6 available central midfielders to 2 in just a few days is rather disturbing...

Haha like i said on another post we haven't used the midfield all season so why not play 5-0-5? :whistle:

Disorganised1

~Thomas is on loan because he's only 17, I assume he's 18 by the end of the season.
The fee will be decided by future appearances and caps. So if he gets injured we'll get nothing :(

Cobi Jones's Dreads

~Thomas is on loan because he's only 17, I assume he's 18 by the end of the season.
The fee will be decided by future appearances and caps. So if he gets injured we'll get nothing :(

SHOCKING!! Complete discrace we sell are most promising player for.............nothing! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sort it out Ranson you clueless twat!

NuneatonSkyBlue

We'll get something for him in the end (Either because of them buying him or the bosman ruling which would probably better because we then get a % of his next sale, all depends on his contract situation though) but not untill the summer, when he may come back and then the only up side is we haven't paid his wages for the last 5 months and he's gained experienced. Personally i would think he would get more experience here than with liverpool, because with the midfeild situation as it is he would get more 1st team games with us than them.

According to C&W radio Clingan is supose to be back in the team tonight. But Aidy needs to start making some phone calls and get someone in quick before someone else gets injuryed and then we're in the brown stuff big time!

hamil99

Facebook User
So depressed about this news, really feel ray and sisu are full off hot air. Poor AB, gettin rid of his best players and talented youngsters.. been looking forward to going to the ricoh for the bristol match I hav tickets for, but now the idea makes me feel sick... wish I hadn't bloody bought them now.....

Users who are viewing this thread