Colchester ground..? (1 Viewer)

Jackwellis

Are me and my friend the only ones that couldn't find it? Tried like 3 different postcodes, all no where near :| We missed the game!

(Yes, we're not very good at directions)

kg82

I nearly did that at Layer Road about 5 years ago when they were playing there! Instead I asked some coppers and not only were they kind enough to tell me where the ground was, they also told me exactly where I could park - except they didn't, and after a drab 0-0 affair I came back to a £60 to help me on the way for the rest of my 400 mile round trip!! Bastards!

fernandopartridge

I nearly did that at Layer Road about 5 years ago when they were playing there! Instead I asked some coppers and not only were they kind enough to tell me where the ground was, they also told me exactly where I could park - except they didn't, and after a drab 0-0 affair I came back to a £60 to help me on the way for the rest of my 400 mile round trip!! Bastards!

:pointlaugh:

Astute

I got on the wrong train to a game last season. Delayed me by a couple of hours. Only lost out on pub time wlith the lads though. Then had a problem finding them in a taxi. I blame the beer

Jackwellis

Right, after trying to write this twice from my mobile to no success, here goes...

We left work at about 4pm, giving us about 3 hours 45 minutes to get there, which we thought would be enough. After some bad traffic and the odd wrong exit we passed the Colchester ground on the A12 at about 7:15. We were happy ":D:D".

Then the Satnav accidentally got put into pedestrian mode which delayed us by about 10 more minutes while we got back on track, no worries right? Still about 25 minutes to arrive?

The Satnav lead us to god only knows where in Colchester so we checked Apple maps (Big mistake) which said the ground was 15 minutes away driving, we decided to trust it and off we went.

We parked up surprisingly close to the ground, amazed at the amount of parking, and the lack of noise, we walk round the corner and see a combination of new houses and a building site. Something made us guess this was the location of their old ground... :confused:

Back in the car we get knowing we only really had one more attempt to get there without missing too much of the game so we stick the postcode in for the ground and pray that the Satnav can save us.

After like 10 minutes of pitch black country roads and a close call we ended up back on the A12, then we hear the Satnav say "In 400 yards you will have reached your destination." Yep, it thought we wanted to be in the middle of a major road :mad:.

We turned off asap and thought to look for somewhere to park (The game is well underway by the point) and not long after found ourselves driving through the same streets, past the same mini cooper dealer as before...

Until about the 60th minute in the game we drove around aimlessly before giving up and going to a McDonald's and then the looooooong journey home...

True story,

Yes we're idiots.

tl;dr - fml

:pointlaugh::pointlaugh:Just imagine if you had gone in Mcdonalds and asked where the ground was.

What's even more hilarious is that you come on here and write the whole thing (3 times).

Did you try this postcode? CO4 5UP Straight off Colchester Uniteds website that is.

They even have full directions.

The U's stadium is located on the north of the town, near to Colchester Business Park.

To access the stadium, you can make use of the A12 Junction 28.

A12 - JUNCTION 28
December 2010 saw the new junction serving the Weston Homes Community Stadium open to the public.

This means that the stadium is now just seconds from the main A12 trunk road that serves East Anglia.

From the south (Ipswich bound carriageway)
To access the stadium from the south, turn off at Junction 28, turning right at the first roundabout. Go across the bridge and then go straight over the second roundabout, before turning right into United Way from the third roundabout. You are now at the stadium.

From the north (London bound carriageway)
To access the stadium from the north, turn off at Junction 28, turning left at the first roundabout. Turn right into United Way from the second roundabout. You are now at the stadium.

The postcode of the stadium is CO4 5UP, but you may find that your sat nav system does not acknowledge this postcode at present.

It is recommended to use CO4 5JS, which is the nearby Rapid Electronics factory.

ALTERNATIVE ACCESS
Alternatively, you can come off the A12 at the next junction and take a left onto the A1232. When at the top of this road, bear right back over the A12 towards the traffic lights with the BMW Garage on your left.

Go straight over and up Ipswich Road. At the next set of traffic lights, turn right onto Severalls Lane (signposted just previously for Colchester Cattle Market). Follow this road to its conclusion, where you will pick up signs for the stadium.

Please note that if you are travelling to the stadium for a first team match, then travel restrictions apply around the stadium on a matchday

Jackwellis

:pointlaugh::pointlaugh:Just imagine if you had gone in Mcdonalds and asked where the ground was.

What's even more hilarious is that you come on here and write the whole thing (3 times).

Did you try this postcode? CO4 5UP Straight off Colchester Uniteds website that is.

They even have full directions.

It was a spur of the moment, last minute kind of thing, we got the post code whilst filling up with petrol at Tesco!

And that post code was the one that said we'd reached our destination in the middle of the A12 :|

Gotta love this from Football Ground Guides:-

Post code for Sat Nav:
The postcode of the stadium is CO4 5UP, but you may find that your sat nav system does not acknowledge this postcode at present. It is recommended by the club to use CO4 5JS, which is the nearby Rapid Electronics factory.

Jackwellis

It was on the other side of the Motorway and we trusted the Satnav :<

Incase anyones wondering we know this is our own fault.

chiefdave

This has got to be a wind up. Surely if you went past at football ground while looking for a football ground you might put 2 + 2 together and at least stop and ask someone.

Ash

Like others have said, if you actually saw the stadium then surely you'd go towards it rather than following your sat nav to the other side of Colchester :facepalm:

Covrock

It was on the other side of the Motorway and we trusted the Satnav :&lt;<br />
<br />On your sat nav,is it a woman's voice giving you directions?? If so. There's your answer and excuse for missing the game.
Incase anyones wondering we know this is our own fault.
<br />
<br />

Jackwellis

This has got to be a wind up. Surely if you went past at football ground while looking for a football ground you might put 2 + 2 together and at least stop and ask someone.

We saw it on the side of the A12, there wasn't any houses, people or turn offs we could see for a while...

Ash

You shouldn't have to ask people if you can see it, If it's anything like the Ricoh then you just use common sense and find the turning towards the ground!

Oh my god, just google mapped it and it literally has it's own junction off the A12. Man you are a complete Douche Bag.

This is as bad as driving past the Ricoh on the A444 and not being able to find it.

As you are a new user I would absolutely love you to stick around. You could well be comedy gold.

Last edited:

Paxman II

Obviously you are a bunch or sorry ass blondes from a Texas back water.

No one can be more stupid to be unable to find a football stadium in a small town in the south east.

I really can't beleive you are being serious? No wonder this countries in a mess.

Jackwellis

Yes there was a junction right off next to the ground but it was on the left and the ground was on the right hand side of the road (I don't drive so I don't really know exactly how junctions work) The Satnav didn't tell us to get off there so we kept going. Then not knowing where to go in the town we set the Satnav again which sent us to the old stadium...

Yes there was a junction right off next to the ground but it was on the left and the ground was on the right hand side of the road (I don't drive so I don't really know exactly how junctions work) The Satnav didn't tell us to get off there so we kept going. Then not knowing where to go in the town we set the Satnav again which sent us to the old stadium...

I think there is only one appropriate thing to reply with.............:pointlaugh:

p.s. get the driver on here so we can :pointlaugh: at him too please.

ccfcway

There was a junction right off next to the ground but it was on the left and the ground was on the right hand side of the road (I don't drive so I don't really know exactly how junctions work)

Possibly the funniest thing i have heard in 2012

Users who are viewing this thread