Club Shop (1 Viewer)

Otis

At least it won't look like only a quarter stocked like it has been.

Any idea how big the Gallagher or the one at the Ricoh was for comparison?

Will certainly be bigger than the one at Sherbourne Arcade, near Home Bargains.

Remember that one? That was tiny.

SkyBlueRuffian

Will certainly be bigger than the one at Sherbourne Arcade, near Home Bargains.

Remember that one? That was tiny.

Pretty sure I got my first Cov kit from that shop, it was indeed tiny. The arena shop will be like harrods compared to that.

J

Jack Griffin

Gallagher was far too big.

What happened to the plans for a 5000sq ft community hub?
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/new-ccfc-superstore-set-to-open-1090871.aspx

Another SISU failed strategy that had to be changed, but that was recognised when the Gallagher store opened.

The cart outside Tesco was too small, a superstore is too big. They just can't get it right.
What about the other 98% of the unit?

If it's taken them since June to find an empty shop in Cov and this is the best location they could come up with it doesn't inspire me with confidence about the new ground.

J

Jack Griffin

Be interesting to know if this is the clubs doing or something Just Sports insisted on.

The new shop location might be a good move for the club, I'm not saying it isn't.

The issue I have is that it is yet another change of course after several failed initiatives, which doesn't inspire confidence in the management of the club.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

11219032_10207428413057745_4550474272178839340_n.jpg

30 minutes in , and the new CCFC shop administrator remains sleep during preliminary sales strategy with the chief executive.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

....perhaps they need a mission statement "bringing a bit of Joy to your local community "

Philosorapter

At least the shop is getting closer to 'the action'. The last place, on a wind swept industrial place just wasn't the best of ideas. Can be looked at as a stop gap measure again waiting for our former glory to return.

Just can't help think how much rests on next season.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

At least the shop is getting closer to 'the action'. The last place, on a wind swept industrial place just wasn't the best of ideas. Can be looked at as a stop gap measure again waiting for our former glory to return.

Just can't help think how much rests on next season.

Agreed. At least the move is in the right direction. Best to start small and then, if there is an upturn in the team's fortunes, possibly move to a larger unit should the demand increase .

letsallsingtogether

Mind you it looks bigger then the one they had in the City Centre a few years back, I used to use that shop quite regularly.

Shame they closed it down.

Mind you they could have saved themselves some money on the new shop, by using the old sign it is still above that shop in Town.:thinking about:

ceetee

Lady in the current shop yesterday said that the old Phone shop had been considered but isn't available despite being empty. Further the new shop, not being operated by the club, may not sell tickets.

Grendel

Lady in the current shop yesterday said that the old Phone shop had been considered but isn't available despite being empty. Further the new shop, not being operated by the club, may not sell tickets.

An email sent today confirmed it will sell tickets.

simonregis

I'm only stating an observation but I think this site is more suitable. They have said they will be sell merchantise in the ground match days so people wil purchase stuff inside rather than this shop. I would imagine this shop would be seen as a 'presence' during the week.

oldy566

Bit less likely to get broken in to inside the complex. Should get plenty of foot traffic. At the end of the day the more money we can make the more chance it gives us of getting some spent on the pitch. Not saying it will but just a thought. #pusb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MatthewWallis

Mind you they could have saved themselves some money on the new shop, by using the old sign it is still above that shop in Town.:thinking about:

That sign says 'City Central' on it, so it wouldn't have made sense to use it, could use it once the nike deal runs out and we move shops again:D

ShooStep

Long time reader of the forum and have never really posted before but it's getting silly now. Don't understand what people have to complain about.

The same people complaining that half the store at Gallagher was empty are now complaining that this store is only half the size of the store at Gallagher.

Hate the current Sky Blur situation as a whole as much as the next guy but this forum is seriously full of some right old miserable tits, I genuinely can't believe you are finding something to moan about, even with this. It's pathetic. :(

Astute

Long time reader of the forum and have never really posted before but it's getting silly now. Don't understand what people have to complain about.

The same people complaining that half the store at Gallagher was empty are now complaining that this store is only half the size of the store at Gallagher.

Hate the current Sky Blur situation as a whole as much as the next guy but this forum is seriously full of some right old miserable tits, I genuinely can't believe you are finding something to moan about, even with this. It's pathetic. :(

Long time reader that comes on to moan about people moaning :D

Clive Bleakin

That place is bloody tiny. You wouldnt fit half of the merchandise we had at Gallagher in there. What a ridiculous decision. If they were going to choose a unit at Arena Shopping Park, they should have chosen the Phones 4 U. Its a lot bigger

You obviously didn't see the 'range' of merchandise at the Gallagher

ccfcway

Agreed. These fans that want more merchandise of their club to buy and thus put money into the club and FFP. What are they like hey !

Users who are viewing this thread