City Kits and associated players (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

Following on from the next season's kit thread, I thought it would be interesting to see what players people associate our various kits with. So I'll post some kits over the next few days and all you've got to do is discuss which player you associate it with and why!

A couple of classics to start you off with:
extra_football_shirt_11704_1.jpg

1992-1994.jpg

Irish Sky Blue

The first one is my favourite kit ever probably because it was around when I was young and we had the best City team I have ever seen (probably will ever see). So it makes me think of Tommy Hutch, Wallace and Fergie, Graham Oakey and Bobby McDonald. Wonderful players and a wonderful team.

The second kit reminds me of Peter Ndlovu, a good player for us but someone who I felt never reached his true potential whether because of injury or the way he conducted his personal life. He and a few others stood out in the team's of that time as they were often surrounded by fairly average players, Julian Derby for example.

Last edited:

Otis

Following on from the next season's kit thread, I thought it would be interesting to see what players people associate our various kits with. So I'll post some kits over the next few days and all you've got to do is discuss which player you associate it with and why!

A couple of classics to start you off with:
extra_football_shirt_11704_1.jpg

1992-1994.jpg
Good thread (though not particularly good threads some years of course).

Top one, Ian Wallace. Just remember him scoring so many goals wearing that top and yep, Wegerle. I recall a number of newspaper articles of the City around that time feauturing Wegerle in that kit.

Happy_Martian

Wallace, Ferguson and Yorath for the tramlines kit. While there were a few icomic players from that era, personally it has to be Peter Ndlovu for the Ribeiro kit.

mrtrench

Ian Wallace (but strangely Ferguson for its brown cousin) and Lee Hurst

vincy

Good idea for a thread.

Wallace and ferguson for the first
Nuddy for second I think.(see someone else thinks the same)

Anyone got any spares?

Moff

Wallace, Terry Yorath or the great Tommy Hutchison for the first and Phil Babb, or Quinny for the second.

vow

1st - Mick Ferguson
2nd - John Williams (The Flying Postman)

lifeskyblue

Ian Wallace (but strangely Ferguson for its brown cousin) and Lee Hurst

Hutch for the first (the brown tho makes me think of Wallace). Like others I think quite a lot of ccfc best ever players played in the tramlines.
The second Quinn

PUSB

wingy

The Ribero kit was '92/'93 and Gibson left at the end of the season before the cup run, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah my mistake.
The yellow version of what he wore has featured in your other thread
Smashing kit.

Edit ;-Guess you're right on when he left as well as BG exited?

Users who are viewing this thread