City fans not as friendly at Brentford as at Sixfields? (1 Viewer)

Sterling Archer

Godiva is spot on here, a good opportunity to ask him some pertinent questions in a less formal arena than a "fans forum" and some idiot throws a pint and a stool at him.

Whichever way you look at it, it's pathetic behaviour from a grown adult.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Some people take a mighty high-handed and selfish view on the move to Northampton; as it only influences the direction in which they point their car on any given matchday.

There are lots of people reliant on public transport for whom its a non-starter. It was the gel that bought together many 'old friends' for a few pints on a Saturday afternoon, there are kids not seeing their football club in their town, there are businesses - who would have been reliant on matchday income - who've seen that decimated.

For some folk, and who are we to judge their lives, their Saturday at the game was an integral, important part of their lives.

Fisher fronts a faceless, secretive business that's taken that away; seemingly for their own financial gain. Do I condone violence? No. Do I think Fisher needs a dose of reality by direct interactions with disgruntled fans? Yes. Well, yesterday he had one...

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I am not surprised about the incident - that could easily happen.
I am however surprised that not many on this thread clearly state that violence is wrong. I am often accused for making excuses for anything the owners or the management does, this time it seems to me that people here are making excuses for violent behaviour.

In fairness, you are asking angry people to see clarify of reason. It's being disingenuous to be aghast if they can't

Godiva

Just what kind of outside help are you expecting to arrive ...

Help to sign petitions? Help to report our situation in the papers? Help to raise the questions in the parliament? Help to keep the pressure on FA/FL?

Nobody outside this club will aid us if we're seen as violent hooligans.

wingy

If you read carefully what I said it was about the fans wanting answers. Not about him wanting to give answers.
The point is - here was the chance to ask questions and get some answers. Instead people turned violent. So that kind of indicate that people don't want answers, they want to fight.

And btw - sure there are the usual one or two who gets really drunk after a game, but most are fully capable to behave and stay civilized.

you obviously hav'nt seen the Pre -match routine of many Godiva .

What questions are worthy of asking in this Pantomime /charade of a Club?

thaiskyblue

you have to have a few on board to follow the sky blues , purely medicinal, it numbs the reality for a few hours, matchdays are an escape for a lot of people.

Godiva

you obviously hav'nt seen the Pre -match routine of many Godiva .

What questions are worthy of asking in this Pantomime /charade of a Club?

That's true - I usually go straight to games and to the pub afterwards. Still I don't see too many drunk beyond reasoning. There's always a few, but the vast majority is just loud.

And questions? Well I could easily come up with dozens. More than anyone could answer over a pint or two.

bigfatronssba

So when Labovitch said the anti sisu feeling in the SBT isn't representative of most fans feelings he must have actually meant it. By going into the pub Fisher clearly thinks that most fans dont have much issue with him or sisu.

Just highlights to me that those at sixfields should be doing more protesting as its clear sisu are unaware of the fans feelings.

thaiskyblue

So when Labovitch said the anti sisu feeling in the SBT isn't representative of most fans feelings he must have actually meant it. By going into the pub Fisher clearly thinks that most fans dont have much issue with him or sisu.

Just highlights to me that those at sixfields should be doing more protesting as its clear sisu are unaware of the fans feelings.
They are aware they just love playing games with us.

ccfctommy

Haven't read this thread but he was our train along with Steve Waggott. He got a bit of stick and one fan went to speak to him but that's it. He really does love the attention.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Harry Krishner

Looks like a baffling lack of awareness by TF. Is it really possible that he does not know about the deep rage felt by thousands of former HR/Ricoh attendees?

Given some of the total nutters that have followed CCFC over the years, a thrown pint/stool is very moderate behavior- I'm surprised that some of these people have not hunted the SISU board down and administered their own justice.

I find the incident totally unsurprising. A group of high financiers has hidden behind and manipulated grey areas of corporate law that are barely comprehensible to the average Joe. We, the punters, meanwhile are expected to show up on cue and part with £20 or more per game and are just treated as an asset or some kind of goodwill feature.

The game is rife for revolution- even as middle class as it has become looking at some of the "should be tried in a court of law" statements.

Lorksalordy

The Telegraph don't add many, if any, stories on a Sat evening or a Sunday.

Simon Gilbert generally on twitter over weekends with updates especially if anything going on or "Breaking..."
Today it is just half marathon and the start of roadworks on the ring road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jack Griffin

So everybody want to ask TF questions. He turns up and what happens?
I'd say he has a lot more courage than any keyboard warrior.

If this is published in any newspaper what would the neutral reader think?
I don't think we will gain much sympathy and it will be even more difficult to enlist outside help in the future.
This looks like just another piece of evidence that football fans are simple hooligans.

This is the post on GMK, sounds more like he was caught short and made a bad decision where to relive himself rather than they stopped with the intention of speaking to fans.

Sat in pub after the game today, who pulls up outside, Waggott and Fisher, 25 Cov fans in pub and Tim decides he needs the toilet.... Got the nerve to say we are the best fans in the world.... Comes out of the toilet to a rendition of we want SISU out and then gets attacked by throwing of a chair and beer!!!!!!

This was what the GMK poster who I think is Grendel on here posted on GMK about it.. utter crap obviously.
A large percentage of posters on SBT are supporting the cowardly act of violence.

Some have proclaimed they would enjoy seeing fisher and seppella both die a slow and painful death.

We have some lovely supporters out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godiva

This is the post on GMK, sounds more like he was caught short and made a bad decision where to relive himself rather than they stopped with the intention of speaking to fans.

So to wrap this up ...
TF enters a pub to use the toilet. He greets the 25 odd ccfc supporters there and tell them they are the best fans in the world.
While he is taking a leak the supporters spent a couple of minutes to decide the most intelligent they can do is sing 'sisu-out' and attack him throwing a beer and a chair?

spider_ricoh

Think I can sum it up by saying that most of us have felt like chucking something at the bloke, but it's a bit out of order to actually do it!

dongonzalos

Haven't read this thread but he was our train along with Steve Waggott. He got a bit of stick and one fan went to speak to him but that's it. He really does love the attention.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So he arrived in a car but returned via train?

dongonzalos

Wish someone questioned him over how he expects the investors to get their money back. If we build a new stadium.
As oppose to try and attack him.

J

Jack Griffin

So to wrap this up ...
TF enters a pub to use the toilet. He greets the 25 odd ccfc supporters there and tell them they are the best fans in the world.
While he is taking a leak the supporters spent a couple of minutes to decide the most intelligent they can do is sing 'sisu-out' and attack him throwing a beer and a chair?

I wasn't there so I have no idea, I just posted what was on GMK?

So he arrived in a car but returned via train?

Taxi to the station?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chez78

Help to sign petitions? Help to report our situation in the papers? Help to raise the questions in the parliament? Help to keep the pressure on FA/FL?

Nobody outside this club will aid us if we're seen as violent hooligans.

What a load of rubbish, the FA/FL don't give a crap as already shown, the papers would rather report on how brilliant arsenal were against us rather than the turmoil our club was going through, parliament will discuss it for five seconds before all nodding in agreement it's terrible and they really feel for the fans before moving onto the serious issues like what taxes they can all dodge.

In short some fans finally getting the chance to give some fat smug twat who has helped trash the club they love won't make a blind bit of difference, it will however make them and a whole lot of other fans smile and feel a whole lot better. To put things into perspective if Sisu had done this to Leeds, Chelsea, West Ham and Fisher had bumped into their fans do you think the reaction would have been more civilised????

skybluetony176

This whole thing probably never happened anyway.

A fat bloke with a smug face gets a pint thrown over him in a pub. It must be Tim Fisher.

There's some litter on a hill near to where some blokes were standing. It must have been them.

There's a football team playing its home games in Northampton. It must be Northampton Town.

torchomatic

This was what the GMK poster who I think is Grendel on here posted on GMK about it.. utter crap obviously.

You're right. It's stupid to think anyone on here would be unhinged enough to advocate violence.

Chuffing right . I'd pull their nails out first one by one . Make the fuckers suffer .

Absolute honesty, I would struggle to feel anything if they did.
I dont actively wish them dead, but I wouldn't care if they did die.

Why should I care if these two individuals die in excruciating agony or not?

torchomatic

You're no Shoestring, are you? They're second from bottom of L2, I think.

There's a football team playing its home games in Northampton. It must be Northampton Town.

Last edited:

Lorksalordy

Looks like it is true - Simon Gilbert on Twitter.....
"@TheSimonGilbert: BREAKING: I've had confirmation that Sky Blues chief executive Tim Fisher was attacked in a bar after yesterday's CCFC match. More to follow"

torchomatic

Looks like it is true - Simon Gilbert on Twitter.....
"@TheSimonGilbert: BREAKING: I've had confirmation that Sky Blues chief executive Tim Fisher was attacked in a bar after yesterday's CCFC match. More to follow"

That'll do the cause a world of good. Well done.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Noggin

You're right. It's stupid to think anyone on here would be unhinged enough to advocate violence.

only 1 of those 3 quotes is advocating violence. The other 2 viewpoints are understandable.

There is billions of people suffering in the world that deserve our sympathy ahead of people who are willing to hurt others for their own financial gain. I'd never advocate violence (well not unless you are battling against a tyrant taking peoples lives, which we clearly aren't) and I certainly wouldn't want Fisher etc to die because of their families. But I'm not sitting here upset about the people who've died on the roads today so I certainly wouldn't be caring about what happens to these people.

but this is silly, getting worked up over what a few people say, if Dale was put in a room with Joy he certainly wouldn't be pulling her nails out one by one, hes just upset and mouthing off and you know that.

chiefdave

Not that I would condone violence but the guy is an absolute idiot to walk into a bar full of fans and not expect something to happen, after all you only need one person to do something. Depending on what actually happened he might have been lucky it didn't escalate and become a lot more serious.

That'll do the cause a world of good. Well done.

What damage is it likely to do, not like everyone has been rushing to support us? If people are going to say protests etc are pointless as they will achieve nothing then doesn't the same apply to this? Those who are 'pro-SISU' will claim the moral high ground, those who are 'anti-SISU' will say he got what he deserved and nothing will change.

Users who are viewing this thread