Chuffed with the news. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4232
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4232

I'm excited! CCFC are playing at the Ricoh, and now we have Premiership Rugby to look forward to! It will be a hard adjustment for the Wasps; but it is ultimately good news for both CCFC & CRFC.

Hopefully this will improve the rugby development around us; making the midlands an extremely strong Rugby area. Derby's with both Northampton and Leicester.

If you need me i'll be wearing my wasps shirt at the ricoh.

ChevyChase

100% Agree, could be great for the city as a whole, Wasps will prob loan reserve and youth players to Cov. As a Northampton Saints and City fan its a weird one for me! I can see in the future Wasps owners buying CCFC. Theyve got the money

D

Deleted member 4232

Mate the whole thing is exciting! The fact that people are willing to invest money into the local area and community should be cheered. I understand we are essentially on the recieving end of what just happened to the football club, but Rugby is moving in a very different direction than Football. More and more are the rugby clubs evolving into the NFL styled 'franchise' system, who can up-root and move at a (still controversial) heartbeat. Yes, it's sad their fans won't be able to see them in London; but that decision is out of our hands, and to be fair, i'm damn well excited to see premiership rugby at the ricoh.

Allez wasps!

D

Deleted member 4232

Its called beimg a kiwi and enjoying good quality rugby. Also; being excited that things are developing in Coventry as opposed to withdrawing.

lewys33

Go over to that corner. Get fucked. Then get fucked again!

The biggest insult - CRFC getting wasps reserve and youth players?? Let's guarantee CRFC as a lower league rugby club shall we? Go back to that corner I previously mentioned.

ChevyChase

Cov rugby have been down the leagues for years. Going nowhere. Only way Rugby clubs suceed now is by rich owners.

The biggest insult - CRFC getting wasps reserve and youth players?? Let's guarantee CRFC as a lower league rugby club shall we? Go back to that corner I previously mentioned.

D

Deleted member 4232

Hah, when was the last time anyone on here even went down to Butts Park? All of a sudden everyone is getting very precious about something that the city has forgotten about. The facts are mate - its going to be great for CRFC and the Bears.

martcov

I too see it as positive. Rugby is going a different way to football and the move will - probably - be an upwards one for Wasps. CCFC are fucked with SISU and their smaller village stadium plans. This Deal will Force the issue for City - hopefully in a good way. Fisher's pathetic, almost funny, open letter and CWR Quotes, show just how out of touch he is. He has missed the boat.

D

Deleted member 4232

Also; I'm adding this: I'm glad my council have washed their hands of the Ricoh. They should never have got involved with all the bullsh*t a football club brings. It takes focus off their actual jobs, and was a ridiculous sh*tstorm for them to get caught in. Let private companies battle private companies; not my council.

I am sure this was more than a little bit of a motivating factor in allowing this sale to go through.

Go back to being a council now please (fix the potholes on brownshill green road please, it slows my strava segment times)

Nick

Administrator
I too see it as positive. Rugby is going a different way to football and the move will - probably - be an upwards one for Wasps. CCFC are fucked with SISU and their smaller village stadium plans. This Deal will Force the issue for City - hopefully in a good way. Fisher's pathetic, almost funny, open letter and CWR Quotes, show just how out of touch he is. He has missed the boat.
We know you approve of it. What did you think of the game tonight by the way?

lewys33

Hah, when was the last time anyone on here even went down to Butts Park? All of a sudden everyone is getting very precious about something that the city has forgotten about. The facts are mate - its going to be great for CRFC and the Bears.

Bullshit.

I have been going to the rugby much longer than the football, but thanks for your valued assumption.

The rugby went downhill because of an owner that bled the club dry, followed by an owner that fell for the previous owners tricks. Now they are rebuilding and are working their way back up. Now they will always have to play 2nd fiddle to the "mighty franchise wasps". Thanks for supporting your local historic rugby team.

I can't believe I'm reading this crap........

duffer

Me too. I'm so chuffed that we've dragged a club 70 miles away from their supporters that I can hardly wait to go and support them.

Coventry RFC are delighted too, because having Wasps on their doorstep will obviously help them push forward with their ultimate aim of getting to the top level. It's funny then, how they've actually said that they're disappointed and would hope for further consultation.

And as for Coventry becoming a rugby hotbed, absolutely, who wouldn't want that. Our local talent is so crap at the moment that we've only produced Tom Wood, Danny Grewcock, and Neil Back in recent years. Imagine how much better it will be with Wasps academy based on our doorstep only 100 miles away in London. Oh.

Covkid1968#

Me too. I'm so chuffed that we've dragged a club 70 miles away from their supporters that I can hardly wait to go and support them.

Coventry RFC are delighted too, because having Wasps on their doorstep will obviously help them push forward with their ultimate aim of getting to the top level. It's funny then, how they've actually said that they're disappointed and would hope for further consultation.

And as for Coventry becoming a rugby hotbed, absolutely, who wouldn't want that. Our local talent is so crap at the moment that we've only produced Tom Wood, Danny Grewcock, and Neil Back in recent years. Imagine how much better it will be with Wasps academy based on our doorstep only 100 miles away in London. Oh.

Dont forget Daz Garforth - another one lost to Leics Tigers

Nick

Administrator
Surely that should be discussed in the CCFC forum part :) ?

Yep in the match threads, just interesting to see certain posters and what they post. The lack of football talk from some people is interesting.

D

Deleted member 4232

Bullshit.

I have been going to the rugby much longer than the football, but thanks for your valued assumption.

The rugby went downhill because of an owner that bled the club dry, followed by an owner that fell for the previous owners tricks. Now they are rebuilding and are working their way back up. Now they will always have to play 2nd fiddle to the "mighty franchise wasps". Thanks for supporting your local historic rugby team.

I can't believe I'm reading this crap........

Another club stuck in the third tier. Sprry mste, i want to watch premiership rugby, and now its coming to town.

And just to put the icing on the cake; i couldn't even name 5 of their XV, and i couldnt care, i'm wasps new #1 fan.

D

Deleted member 4232

Yep in the match threads, just interesting to see certain posters and what they post. The lack of football talk from some people is interesting.

I myself couldnt care about the result of a second rate cup game, the fact we had 9 academy players out there speaks volumes of the competition. Its less exciting than a U21 game.

This however is a good forum :)

ChevyChase

Tom Johnson & Carl Rimmer - Exeter
Andy Goode - Wasps[
Jim Hamilton - Saracens
Shane Geraghty - London Irish

QUOTE=Covkid1968`;789153]Dont forget Daz Garforth - another one lost to Leics Tigers[/QUOTE]

Ashdown

Mate the whole thing is exciting! The fact that people are willing to invest money into the local area and community should be cheered. I understand we are essentially on the recieving end of what just happened to the football club, but Rugby is moving in a very different direction than Football. More and more are the rugby clubs evolving into the NFL styled 'franchise' system, who can up-root and move at a (still controversial) heartbeat. Yes, it's sad their fans won't be able to see them in London; but that decision is out of our hands, and to be fair, i'm damn well excited to see premiership rugby at the ricoh.

Allez wasps!

Do you ever go to Cov rugby, if not, why not ? Do one you twat !

D

Deleted member 4232

WE haven't dragged a club anywhere.

Wasps being here will npt stop CRFC being promoted at all; look at liverpool/everton mcfc/mufc sunderland/newcastle but three examples of top level football clubs sharing half a post code. If anything, it will solodofy CRFC fans, and hopefully in the long run, create a good rivalry.

I never said the area was bad for rugby development, but the fact you only named 3 players says it could get better!

Academy and training facilities are read to be built in or around the city. My money is on they have bought the bees ground and will build there? Food for thought!

D

Deleted member 4232

Do you ever go to Cov rugby, if not, why not ? Do one you twat !

Now now, no need to get butthurt and resort to insults.

I have, went once last season. Over-priced for what i saw, bar was ridiculously small and also over priced (had to pay for a plastic cup of water). Rugby was good though, unfortunately not good enough to pull me back. Xox

duffer

Dont forget Daz Garforth - another one lost to Leics Tigers

Andy Goode too, I found out tonight. Born in Cov, started at Barker Butts, Leicester, and now at.... Wasps!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see these guys play in Coventry - but for Coventry RFC not some franchise team we've brought in at someone else's expense.

The point I was making was that junior rugby is alive and kicking in Coventry, and a lot of talent is coming through. Wasps coming in means that it's a lot less likely to see it turning out for CRFC at the highest levels, doubly frustrating given that as Lewys says things are finally looking up at the Butts.

(The council, incidentally entirely missed this too in their debate. If you heard that, you'd believe that without Wasps coming no one would ever play rugby again in Coventry.)

MichaelCCFC

He's got to be a WUM. Anyone for a rousing chorus of "In our west London homes" or "we love franchises and we love franchises - we are the franchise - lovers"

Otis

To be fair, CWR said the texts and messages they were getting today were very much a mixed bag and an awful lot of people were in favour of the deal.

Doesn't make it right of course, but we can't make out it's just a small minority.

I guess after all the shit we have been through they are just putting Coventry City first.

I'd be waiting til the full details of the agreement came through though before jumping up and down for joy, if I was them.

Still not all crystal clear.

D

Deleted member 4232

What about the Bees ? Do you give a shit about any of our local teams ?

Bees? You mesm the motorbike guys? Can't stand motorsports. Sorry. I do like seeing the Blaze, went to a couple of the Bears games, i want to go and see a Jets game i just always forget.

If you want to play it like that, i support more local sport than 90% of the actual coventrians i know! They all watch premier league and piss themselves over loverpool or manure.

Going to sleep now xox

lewys33

Another club stuck in the third tier. Sprry mste, i want to watch premiership rugby, and now its coming to town.

And just to put the icing on the cake; i couldn't even name 5 of their XV, and i couldnt care, i'm wasps new #1 fan.

Definite troll. Stick to your sky sports subscription mate.

stupot07

Wasps being here will npt stop CRFC being promoted at all; look at liverpool/everton mcfc/mufc sunderland/newcastle but three examples of top level football clubs sharing half a post code. If anything, it will solodofy CRFC fans, and hopefully in the long run, create a good rivalry.

I never said the area was bad for rugby development, but the fact you only named 3 players says it could get better!

Academy and training facilities are read to be built in or around the city. My money is on they have bought the bees ground and will build there? Food for thought!

You do realise that Sunderland and Newcastle isn't the same town?

Oh and I'm pretty sure the RFU have told wasps that their academy and training facilities need to stay in london

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4232

You do realise that Sunderland and Newcastle isn't the same town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yes. However theyre probably closer than the ricoh vs butts.

duffer

Wasps academy has to stay in London under RFU rules. And can you honestly see Wasps allowing CRFC to move up the leagues and split their fanbase - which will likely be rather small in any case.

There are plenty of other top players from Cov btw, I was only thinking of the ones that went to my school. ;)

Could've been me too, if only it wasn't for my unfortunate and disabling lack of any actual talent.

MichaelCCFC

To be fair, CWR said the texts and messages they were getting today were very much a mixed bag and an awful lot of people were in favour of the deal.

Doesn't make it right of course, but we can't make out it's just a small minority.

I guess after all the shit we have been through they are just putting Coventry City first.

I'd be waiting til the full details of the agreement came through though before jumping up and down for joy, if I was them.

Still not all crystal clear.

What is 100% clear, and CCC are too embarrassed even to acknowledge, is that after all the sixfields stuff CCC are now facilitating a franchise and a club being taken from its community and heritage, against the wishes of its supporters, and accommodated in a place with which it has no connection whatsoever. If CCFC were now to relocate 100 miles away no one who supports the wasps deal can argue against it.

Users who are viewing this thread