Christmas Quiz Thread 2022 - Please Read before posting (1 Viewer)

Grendel

So I have finally managed to get a quiz together

Bit later than I planned but its sort of there now

The format is slightly different

Each player has 2 elements to it - a picture clue to where they are born (or in a couple of cases a famous place associated with them) and of course the player

So there are 13 players and a manager so a total of 26 points up for grabs.

However every player also has something that links them all - get that right and another 10 points is achieved so 36 in total

The nominated charity is

Note @shmmeee and his comments on the attached and also thanks for his generation donation

Some one has asked why them - I had some dealings with them and I know they are under severe strain at the moment

Remember please no posting answers - when finished I will look at answers by Jan 1 and award the winner with the prize the Tommy Hutchison book (hopefully) signed

As far as I can tell the list has

1 current player
4 from the 70's (had to have some who played with Hutchison) - I would say at least two are very famous
3 from the Premier League
4 from post 2010 L1 era

The two subs I am still sort of deciding

Grendel

First question will be tomorrow!

Grendel

Goalkeeper

So we start - two points one for the place and the other who this is

So keeper in question was born here:

Photo for Keeper DOB.jpg

I _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _ _

This isn't as clear as I had hoped but it begins with I and the gaps represent the missing letters - so i will fill in some letters to make it easier - though if you cant work this one out give up now

The goalkeeper in questions has got 5 "international" caps for his "country"

Only played 200 games or so in his career. Most games are in league 1 actually.

I also will on some clues offer a further clue to the link. This question has such a clue:

Link Clue: Moving Pictures by Rush (thats an album by the way)

Grendel

Right Back

So place of birth picture is the town hall

RB Place of Birth.jpg

_ _ U M _ N _ _ E _

Easy right? Well no probably not

The player played in the 70's and was signed from another club who he joined in 1963. He changed his surname to fit in more in the UK and ended up staying locally making a successful career as a wholesaler in Leicester making over a million pounds when he sold up in the 90.s

First name clue in this picture - (an actor in a very different guise to his main role)

RB first name.jpg

And surname a famous sportsman in his day (shoes are significant)

RB Surname.jpg

Last edited:

rob9872

Got the first two with more ease than usual, need to up your game G 😉🤣

shmmeee

Oh FFS I’ve come in at robs reply and don’t want to scroll up in case someone’s posted an answer 😂

Sky Blue Harry H

Got the first one straight away (means I'm probably wrong). Second, I've an idea, but need to do a bit of research!

Grendel

Centre Back 1

The most famous building of the place of birth is below

centre back 1 POB.jpg

_ _ _ _ _ N

_ _ _ N

_ _ _ N _

This player did not start at his home town club but one fairly near before joining Coventry as a Premier League defender

Has had numerous coaching roles with many clubs since and a brief management role in North America

Grendel

Centre Back 2

Place of birth is very well known I think from this:

DOB CB 2.jpg

_ _ _ _ _ _

First name Image

CB 2 First Name.jpg

Surname clue

CB 2 name.jpg

Full international and later won a bravery award when in the police after retiring

This also has a LINK CLUE

Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen

Grendel

Left Back

Place of birth - not much of a clue in the image but relevant! It did take place where he was born

LB POB.jpg

B _ _ _ _ N _ _ _ _

He may have just missed out on the Premier League era

The biggest shock is he cost £350,000 as he really was not very good.

rob9872

I hope I'm ok to post this here as it's an an answer that isn't an answer since it would be wrong so not spoiling anything! I considered Marc Edworthy for one of the positions, not saying which and not him, but shocked to see we paid £1.2m nearly 30 years ago. He wasn't awful but when you think that's a lot for us to spend today on more attacking players in the climate of inflated fees it was frankly ridiculous!

JAM See

Oh FFS I’ve come in at robs reply and don’t want to scroll up in case someone’s posted an answer 😂
Mea Culpa.

I thought I'd posted a witty comment only, but in hindsight I probably overstepped the mark in terms of hints.

Grendel

rob9872

Bonus 10.

Got all 5 players but not a scooby on the link

Grendel

You mean the overall one and not the music clue's.
If yes then possibly.
Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

Users who are viewing this thread