CHRISTMAS QUIZ 2021 - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!! (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Many thanks to the contributions already so now we can start

There has been some changes due to requests that there are too many older players

So this time there will be 7 players from 2000 onwards (most actually in the last 10 years and include 2 current players)

Two players are so old that even Rupert won't remember them (but very famous names) and there are a couple of cup winning squad players. Most names should be known to everyone. A manager and a backroom coaching staff member as well.

If you have not entered you can at anytime by paying £2.50 to the charity below:

Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA) - Enriching lives through horses
At Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA), our horses benefit the lives of over 25,000 disabled children and adults.
www.rda.org.uk
www.rda.org.uk

Don't know much about it but it seems a nice charity.

The prize is:

£25 to the winners nominated charity
£15 CCFC gift voucher (have to work the logistics on that one) - or it can go to the charity - winners choice.

REMEMBER NO POSTING ANSWERS JUST PM ME WITH THEM WHEN THE QUIZ IS FINISHED

Grendel

Goalkeeper

I'll be damned! Probably the most successful name on here!

Q1.jpg

Grendel

Right Back

Right so I last played at the Ricoh / CBS in 2017 - I played less games for CCFC than most here but have played a lot of games for other clubs

My name is a shared interest with these chaps:

Q2 b.jpg Q2 a.jpg

Q2 c.jpg

Grendel

Centre Half 1

Easy one I think - straightforward picture clue

Q3.jpeg

Grendel

Centre Half 2

Played most on the list and but for an enforced lay off could have broken appearance records

That should be enough to give the answer but two pictures to make it even easier

First name clue

Q4 a.jpg

Second Name

Q4 b.jpg Q4 b.jpg

Grendel

Is this easy it hard so far? Need to decide if it’s a harder option or not for a couple of questions

Grendel

Anyway -

Left Back

International with over two hundred premier league games and it’s anagram time

Thorn Ejeculating Vamp Khan Oil

rob9872

Well I think I have them all so far, but the centre half2 which I think I know is confusing me by the surname picture(s) so if that makes it really obvious then I probably have it wrong!

rob9872

Also I know it's not this fella, but thought it was apt so I'd post it :)

Screenshot_20211214-194414_Chrome.jpg

Gynnsthetonic

Anyway -

Left Back

International with over two hundred premier league games and it’s anagram time

Thorn Ejeculating Vamp Khan Oil
Think Ejeculating should read Ejaculating to fit in with the anagram, perhaps you were to quick off the mark!

Grendel

Right Back and CH2 struggling with, can I ask the host what he thinks? 🤔

CH2 should be easy enough I think people might think it’s someone it isn’t and that’s all the clues at this stage

steve cooper

Think Ejeculating should read Ejaculating to fit in with the anagram, perhaps you were to quick off the mark!
Got the first 4 no problem, but no idea about this. The spelling correction hasn't helped. It's obviously not someone's name. I always struggle with anagrams

Grendel

Goalkeeper is probably going to be a complete guess

when the first 11 are done it will be a help because of you are only missing a couple it will narrow things down as I’ve stated what eras the 11 are from

rob9872

Ok I'm sorted, have all 5 now. Standard is about right I think, as apart from the photo they require some thinking, but still nice if you get a number of correct entries at the end.

shmmeee

Got the first 4 no problem, but no idea about this. The spelling correction hasn't helped. It's obviously not someone's name. I always struggle with anagrams

Think middle names as well. Though if it’s who I think there might be an erroneous letter in there or I can’t work out anagrams.

Grendel

I will get the 11 done by Friday then after we weekend there will be

2 subs
1 manager
1 other coaching staff member

rob9872

Think middle names as well. Though if it’s who I think there might be an erroneous letter in there or I can’t work out anagrams.
Apart from the aforementioned 'a' for 'e' it's spot on
Edit: and one of our pain in the arse contributors should change his username

Grendel

There might be I bunged it into some anagram generator I have 1 more do will try and check it better - tbh the clue itself is a pretty good guide

tisza

Think I've got them all but GK had to wade through some lists. Only understood the picture clue after working back - 2nd picture stretching it a bit. But whole thing fun as always

Grendel

Think I've got them all but GK had to wade through some lists. Only understood the picture clue after working back - 2nd picture stretching it a bit. But whole thing fun as always

if you think that’s stretching it a bit wait till the centre forward

skybluesam66

actually got it based on that

just the bloody anagram!

steve cooper

Thanks, will look again, I thought I knew who it is but just couldn't get it to fit.
Grendel's comment about it being obvious goes some way to confirming who I thought it is.
Edit, It's not who I thought it is

Users who are viewing this thread