Chris Robinson (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

Just watched the midlands today interview from earlier and was surprised that he mentioned that they aren't actually speaking to sisu they see it as they are only dealing directly with the club through waggot, surprised how a deal was done so quickly if they still aren't talking to each other. Anyway who cares wer,e back

letsallsingtogether

Well I was told by ML today that they struck this deal in January 2013 but things fell apart both sides now happy???

Believe what you want???

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It seems to me that having Waggott speaking for us (mthey club) and this new(ish) CEO fella talking on behalf of ACL has been what we've been crying out for for sometime.

i was worried that talks would again involve the parties from the past that had already created an atmosphere even before new talks had begun!

Seems this new CEO fella is more reasonable than the woman who did it before him! Either that, or is better at negotiating, rather than dismissing everything that the opposition out forward, as did Fisher and Labovich (pr atleast that was the impression I got).

But as the OP's closing sentence said, who cares; we're home!

PUSB

Skyblueweeman

It seems to me that having Waggott speaking for us (mthey club) and this new(ish) CEO fella talking on behalf of ACL has been what we've been crying out for for sometime.

i was worried that talks would again involve the parties from the past that had already created an atmosphere even before new talks had begun!

Seems this new CEO fella is more reasonable than the woman who did it before him! Either that, or is better at negotiating, rather than dismissing everything that the opposition out forward, as did Fisher and Labovich (pr atleast that was the impression I got).

But as the OP's closing sentence said, who cares; we're home!

PUSB

Agreed. And I'm not sure why SW has had some stick on here. He's been one of the small inklings of light through all this. He's been responsible for bringing in Robins and Pressley...two of our better managers in my opinion in recent years.

If there's others on both sides of the fence that can't stand each other, I'm glad that common sense seems to have prevailed and they've got on with it through less vitriolic members of their respective corners.

WM

mark82

Agreed. And I'm not sure why SW has had some stick on here. He's been one of the small inklings of light through all this. He's been responsible for bringing in Robins and Pressley...two of our better managers in my opinion in recent years.

If there's others on both sides of the fence that can't stand each other, I'm glad that common sense seems to have prevailed and they've got on with it through less vitriolic members of their respective corners.

WM

Agree. I quite like Waggott. Sure he's not completely innocent but is just an employee at the end of the day.

theferret

Agree. I quite like Waggott. Sure he's not completely innocent but is just an employee at the end of the day.

I like the fact he personally apologised in his BBC interview earlier. That's about the first sincere 'sorry' we've had I think.

Tonylinc

Waggott is out for himself and nobody else. He gives not a "F" for CCFC; make no mistake about that. This agreement has been brought about by finance and nothing else.

rupert_bear

Waggott is a smiling assasain looking to preserve his job because believe me his job, Fisher's and Laborvich is well on the line. The man is a toad, looks like one too, I hate his type and now after selling our best players every season for the 4 years he's been here, been part of the lowest stunt ever pulled by a football club to it's supporters, he is on radio basically grovelling to the fans. Too many of our supporters have short memories, I don't.

theferret

Waggott is a smiling assasain looking to preserve his job because believe me his job, Fisher's and Laborvich is well on the line. The man is a toad, looks like one too, I hate his type and now after selling our best players every season for the 4 years he's been here, been part of the lowest stunt ever pulled by a football club to it's supporters, he is on radio basically grovelling to the fans. Too many of our supporters have short memories, I don't.

Everyone who has had any dealings with SW seems to be of the same opinion; that he is a decent and likeable bloke. But I guess you have a unique insight into his character that the rest of us don't, so I defer to your better judgement on that.

Personally, I would argue that giving the man some credit for his role in negotiations (given that the other side have been eager to praise him for that) is perfectly reasonable and does not for one minute suggest that we have 'forgotten' what his employers have done over the last two years.

skybluepm2

Everyone who has had any dealings with SW seems to be of the same opinion; that he is a decent and likeable bloke. But I guess you have a unique insight into his character that the rest of us don't, so I defer to your better judgement on that.

Personally, I would argue that giving the man some credit for his role in negotiations (given that the other side have been eager to praise him for that) is perfectly reasonable and does not for one minute suggest that we have 'forgotten' what his employers have done over the last two years.

I agree. I doubt we would be even close to returning had the chuckle brothers been involved. Steve Waggott for Chairman...or the 34th Life President. Certainly up in my estimations of late!

Hobo

Well I was told by ML today that they struck this deal in January 2013 but things fell apart both sides now happy???

Believe what you want???

i believe Seppala is the problem in all of this, along with her ego!

Users who are viewing this thread