Chesterfield Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just got back. Great game. Best I've seen us play for...well...since I can't remember when. All players were a credit to the badge today, some better than others, but all gave their all. Absolutely massive three points.

Can you chuck some ratings up?

Ashdown

Just got back. Great game. Best I've seen us play for...well...since I can't remember when. All players were a credit to the badge today, some better than others, but all gave their all. Absolutely massive three points.

About time pal, might inspire me a little as well ! Chuffed to bits with any win. As anti the hedge fund as I am, I still celebrate every small move forward !

Hobo

You are starting to sound like Pressley now ;)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Quite pleased with today's game. Thought most of the players turned up, although some too longer to get into the game than others.

Ward looked decent and gave Fleck chance to roam freely, Barton is not a wide player, but was involved in both our first two goals from that position, and wasn't getting in Flecks way every 5 minutes.

Odeluzi looked good when he came on.

Pennington was again solid. Possibly lost out in a tackle for their second, but can't hold it against him.

Martin took a while to get into the game.

Samuel wasn't too involved and I agree with TM that he maybe struggled against the experienced back line.

Tudgay done a lot of running again and caused them problems. Also did a lot of defensive work also, even covering Stokes at LB at times when he'd got forward and struggled to recover when Chesterfield caught us on the counter attack.

Jay88

good performance ... fleck ran the midfield, ran his bollocks off and did a good job as captain. Pennington marshalled the back 4, born leader. Good positive changes and subs by Mowbray and actually speaks sense in interviews (not like SP).

DaleM

Happy daze . Cost me 510 winnings cos I bet against us but ..... better the 3 pts than personal gain . hey ho .

Covstu

Huge win and might be a major factor in our survival. Even though we were appalling at Bradford we could have scored 5 past them, seeing that I was thinking we had ran out of luck but it's encouraging we are scoring away from home

torchomatic

Joint with McQuoid I think.

torchomatic

I'm sure he will get one if he wants one. He started off on the wing yesterday and wasn't really in the game; his crossing isn't the best either. Once he was in the middle he was a constant threat, epitomised by his goal; running from the half-way line. I think he's beginning to enjoy himself in a City shirt.

He needs to if we wants a new contract here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

He needs to if we wants a new contract here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Sure he's capable of It under the current manager
Skillful lad being played centrally
How's Madine getting on? ;-)
TBF I'D like us to get Samuels but that ain't gonna happen

stupot07

Sure he's capable of It under the current manager
Skillful lad being played centrally
How's Madine getting on? ;-)
TBF I'D like us to get Samuels but that ain't gonna happen

He needs to be ruthless in the summer. Part of me doesn't want us to finish the season too strongly, in case he renews the majority of the contracts. We need (another) overhaul, but with mowbray and his contacts we will hopefully bring in better quality.

wingy

He needs to be ruthless in the summer. Part of me doesn't want us to finish the season too strongly, in case he renews the majority of the contracts. We need (another) overhaul, but with mowbray and his contacts we will hopefully bring in better quality.

I'm with you there Stupot, not sure whether the owners will be aligned to TM's thinking though

stupot07

I'm with you there Stupot, not sure whether the owners will be aligned to TM's thinking though

Probably not, but he surely has a better eye for a player than Pressley?

stupot07

Frank Nouble Striker 6 (total) in 24 apps
9 Josh MCQUOID Striker 5 in 19 apps
12 Simeon JACKSON Striker 3 in 27 apps
20 Marcus TUDGAY Striker 3 in 20 apps.

just realised neither samuel or odelusi is on that list

Samuel 4 in 9 games
Odelusi 3 in 5

that is depressing when just look at the strikers we own in comparison to their appearances. just to depress you further

Clarke 28 in 45
DMc 18 in 24
Wilson 23 in 55

Last edited:

stupot07

total. if you start going into starts only then you also have to exclude goals from coming off the bench. E.g Odelusi has scored 2 in 2 coming off the bench but only 1 in 3 starting (i think?) so if you say he's scored 3 in 3 starts that's completely inaccurrate.....if that makes sense?

Nick

Administrator
True, it just makes it harder to judge people like Jackson who are mostly on the bench and put on for 7 minutes at the end compared to people who played 90 minutes.

Can you not get a goals per minute stat? :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

True, it just makes it harder to judge people like Jackson who are mostly on the bench and put on for 7 minutes at the end compared to people who played 90 minutes.

Nouble 336 minutes per goal
Mcquoid 288 minutes per goal
Jackson 373 minutes per goal
Tudgay 430 minutes per goal

Samuel 180 minutes per goal
Odelusi 85 minutes per goal

Clarke 132 minutes per goal
Wilson 166 minutes per goal (13/14 stats 157 minutes per goal)
Mcgoldrick 114 minutes per goal

League matches only

Last edited:

stupot07

No!!

jackson scored 1 in 13 starts (crawley h) and 2 in 15 sub appearances (Yeovil h & Fleetwood h)

edit: just worked it out on a spreadsheet, Jackson's played 1304 minutes (all competitions) for us scoring every 435 minutes

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Nouble 336 minutes per goal
Mcquoid 288 minutes per goal
Jackson 373 minutes per goal
Tudgay 430 minutes per goal

Samuel 180 minutes per goal
Odelusi 85 minutes per goal

Clarke 132 minutes per goal
Wilson 166 minutes per goal (13/14 stats 157 minutes per goal)
Mcgoldrick 114 minutes per goal

League matches only

sw88

Chief Commentator!

stupot07

I went through every single match they played in and added up all there minutes played...

... http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/england/coventry-city-fc/692/

Just search the player you want and it will tell you number of minutes played for a season, and then just do minutes played / goals to get minutes per goal.

I feel cheated, I did jacksons by going through every match!

stupot07

Joe Garner scores every 114 mins
Andy Williams scores every 120 mins
Cody (for Don) scores every 189 mins
McCloud in tbe relegation zone scores every 187 mins.

Take samuel and Odelusi and our strike rates are terrible.

Last edited:

Hobo

Great win, much needed confidence booster for players and fans.

stupot07

lets take a min to think about poor stupot.

his arch nemesis frank nouble has scored 2 in 2 now.

chin up stu

Hope he keeps it up and proves me wrong. If he does well, we do well. Win-win.

Oh I get it, you think I have a personal issue with him, rather than footballing one.

2 in 2 is certainly better than 4 in 24.....his goals are like buses, you wait 5 months for one to come, the 2 turn up.

Remind me of How many times have you've actually seen him play this season?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread