Charity match update (1 Viewer)

jesus-wept

Filling the Ricoh will do more for the cause than anything else, no need to go to Sixfields to stand outside or on that hill, can do that another time. 15/20000 would be absolutely fantastic

Nick

Administrator
It needs to be on the front page of the telegraph like the protest to get people involved!

skybluelee

If we can get 20,000 plus for this it will make a fantastic statement. Especially as that would be in the region of 10 times the number of 'fans' at Northampton.

Can we try and get a simultaneous 40,000 finger salute in Fisher's direction at 3pm?

PUSB
FOSFC

sky sports doing a documentary on us for sunday,central and midlands today will be there too

Deano - I am away at a wedding in Liverpool gutted as I would of been there like a shot, will anyone be filming the day, game/interviews with players??? I would gladly part with some of my folding, and I am sure others would too, maybe fans from overseas??? I know you have a good collection of past games, so I thought I would ask you...could raise some extra £££'s

ccfc_Tom

Any news on how many we sold so far? Sounds like this could be a huge success if get the numbers

theferret

People are talking up the numbers too much, surely the aim is to simply get more than attend the game in Northampton - talk of 20K is silly, and it will be a massive anti-climax if only 5000 turn up. Comparisons with the Dave Busst game (where over half the 23K crowd were United fans) and Celtic (where there were 5K away fans and the game was played at a time we were regularly getting over 20K) are not relevant.

Remember, a number of CIty fans will travel to Northampton, many are on holiday, there will be no away fans, and some will not go because of their feelings towards ACL. I don't know anyone who is going. Issuing press releases to SSN talking of numbers of 10K+ will only make it look like a failure when 3/4 of the ground is empty.

chiefdave

so long as there's more people at the Ricoh than there is at Sixfields, that'll do for me.

it should be a good laugh tho and for a fiver you can't go wrong really.

SkyBlueMatt

Got tickets for this, going with a couple of family members. Hopefully there will be a good turnout, I can see more going to the Ricoh than Northampton but talk of 10-20k is a bit over the top.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

People are talking up the numbers too much, surely the aim is to simply get more than attend the game in Northampton - talk of 20K is silly, and it will be a massive anti-climax if only 5000 turn up. Comparisons with the Dave Busst game (where over half the 23K crowd were United fans) and Celtic (where there were 5K away fans and the game was played at a time we were regularly getting over 20K) are not relevant.

Remember, a number of CIty fans will travel to Northampton, many are on holiday, there will be no away fans, and some will not go because of their feelings towards ACL. I don't know anyone who is going. Issuing press releases to SSN talking of numbers of 10K+ will only make it look like a failure when 3/4 of the ground is empty.

How many did you think were going on the march?

theferret

How many did you think were going on the march?

That isn't my point. The great thing about the march was how the numbers exceeded expectations. The stated aim of the chaity game should be to simply get more than the attendance at SIxfields. That is achievable and highly likely. If 10K turn up great, 20K amazing. As it stands, they have only opened up about 4 blocks, some of which only hold a few hundred, and none of them are sold out. I suspect they haven't sold more than 1500 tickets. Expectations just need to be reigned in a bit.

DazzleTommyDazzle

That isn't my point. The great thing about the march was how the numbers exceeded expectations. The stated aim of the chaity game should be to simply get more than the attendance at SIxfields. That is achievable and highly likely. If 10K turn up great, 20K amazing. As it stands, they have only opened up about 4 blocks, some of which only hold a few hundred, and none of them are sold out. I suspect they haven't sold more than 1500 tickets. Expectations just need to be reigned in a bit.

Completely agree.

Get more at the Ricoh for a charity game, than attend Northampton for the first home game of the season.

That would (will?) be a great message.

Seyeclops666

Deano - I am away at a wedding in Liverpool gutted as I would of been there like a shot, will anyone be filming the day, game/interviews with players??? I would gladly part with some of my folding, and I am sure others would too, maybe fans from overseas??? I know you have a good collection of past games, so I thought I would ask you...could raise some extra £££'s

I find myself in total agreement with SkyBlueRev again - this is now becoming a habit. I am away in Ireland at a Wedding but would be happy to contribute to make this event the great big feck off to SISU !!

I'm not able to attend, however I thought about buying a ticket anyway! It's £5 for charity and if you buy a ticket you show your support and are counted in the final numbers even if you're not there.

TurkeyTrot

I find myself in total agreement with SkyBlueRev again - this is now becoming a habit. I am away in Ireland at a Wedding but would be happy to contribute to make this event the great big feck off to SISU !!

Something I'm working on at the moment, what started off as an idea to make a new Video for the ribbons everywhere song has sort of grown legs. If its done it will be done by a professional film maker

Users who are viewing this thread