Charity fan game at Highfield road (1 Viewer)

Somerset Sky Blue

Hi all,
Did anyone else play in one of the spectator charity games at Highfield Road?
I played in one - I bid for a place in Coventry city away and got to play with Dave Busst, who was easily the best player on the pitch, despite his injury a few years before!
Great experience - personalised kit all laid out in changing room, walking down the tunnel, playing on the hallowed turf in front of the family.
Can't remember the name of the charity who organised it, but it was enjoyable!

skyblueelephant76

Hi all,
Did anyone else play in one of the spectator charity games at Highfield Road?
I played in one - I bid for a place in Coventry city away and got to play with Dave Busst, who was easily the best player on the pitch, despite his injury a few years before!
Great experience - personalised kit all laid out in changing room, walking down the tunnel, playing on the hallowed turf in front of the family.
Can't remember the name of the charity who organised it, but it was enjoyable!
It was Football Aid. I played in one where Busst was on the opposite side and I scored with my first touch. Great experience.

ccfc1234

I would love to see a charity game at the CBS involving a:

Sky Blues Talk 11 vs Coventry Trust 11

Fergusons_Beard

Played in two Football Aid games and a couple of the GMK fan games too.

Don’t do the Football Aid games at the Ricoh as we don’t own the stadium-which is a right shame tbh.

Got a photo of me playing at Highfield Road framed in the hall (alongside 2 signed shirts) -had a few visitors think that I was an ex pro because of it-obvious the OH puts them straight….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fergusons_Beard

I played in a few rivals games . Smiles was the manager. Fergies Beard played and Edgy played up front . It was a while ago so forgot the names. Bob Bones played in midfield and Lordsummerisle at the back. I was porkchophill in those days but someone else has the name on here.

Decent left back if I remember Porky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Irish Sky Blue

In one of those games I think Steve Hunt suffered a broken foot and missed a load of games
That was a pre season game organised by Bobby Gould when he was the manager, against the City Supporters Club Sunday league team (who I played for that night).

We (as in Supporters Club) lost 4-1. It was a great thrill to play on the Highfield Road pitch against a few first team players, Gerry Daley, Suckling, Hormantschuk, Singleton, Withey and Bobby Gould himself ( who would have been in his early 40s I think, but still scored twice.

Steve Hunt was injured in a tackle after about 5 seconds, straight from the kick off, by a lad of ours, Dave Taylor. Hunt wasn’t pleased to say the least. He’d broken a bone in his foot and missed the first few games of the season. The story was in the Coventry Telegraph but also made the back page of the Daily Mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread