Championship transfer business ranked (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueGuy

Just saw this article by Football 365. It's interesting to see outsider perspective on something hotly debated on here. They don't give City a lot column inches, but ranked us quite high on their list

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Just saw this article by Football 365. It's interesting to see outsider perspective on something hotly be dated on here. They don't give City a lot column inches, but ranked us quite high on their list

Who’d have thought eh? lol

SkyBlueGuy

Who’d have thought eh? lol

Never sure how much research are done for these articles to be honest. But it will be interesting to see how well this ages. I know there are a few who aren't impressed with our window, but given the constraints we are working under I think we've done pretty well on the face of it. If Waghorn started scoring I think we'd all feel a bit different!

cc84cov

I just wish he had taken that penalty. Assuming he had scored, waghorn would be under a lot less pressure now and people would be saying he has had a reasonable start.
Oh well, all water under the bridge and can't be changed.
Not really it’s open play we want to see him doing it we know he scores pens,he was better last week tho for sure

Sky Blue Harry H

I see Posh had a £1,2m bid for Colby Bishop (the ex Leamington lad) turned down, as Accrington fancied a 'promotion push'!

Sky Blue Pete

? Are you saying we're looking at someone local Pete?
I’m sorry no i don’t pretend I’m in the know I hope. Just saying we’ve been working on a shoestring and maybe missed local talent because of it. Maybe we can unearth some new gems over the next decade from around the locality

TomRad85

Surely a shoestring would make it more likely you'd focus local? Not much expense popping over to Leamington, or building a relationship with them.
We weren't operating on a shoestring when we missed Malcolm Christie at Nuneaton, or Ben Foster at Racing Club Warwick. I don't understand his point here tbh.
But anyway, I hope its something we improve on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mcbean

I’m sorry no i don’t pretend I’m in the know I hope. Just saying we’ve been working on a shoestring and maybe missed local talent because of it. Maybe we can unearth some new gems over the next decade from around the locality
Would be good as it could be done under the radar ie no unfortunate sightings in the estate agents 😀

Sky Blue Pete

Surely a shoestring would make it more likely you'd focus local? Not much expense popping over to Leamington, or building a relationship with them.
It’s casting the net where you need it to be isn’t it? You may be right though and we’re just rubbish at finding the local talent

procdoc

We weren't operating on a shoestring when we missed Malcolm Christie at Nuneaton, or Ben Foster at Racing Club Warwick. I don't understand his point here tbh.
But anyway, I hope its something we improve on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Andre Gray was at Hinckley as well. Quite shocking the amount we have missed out on really

COV

Was he from Nuneaton? Remember him, but can’t remember how bad he was…

Was nicknamed ‘Ali’ by the first team as they’d ask him how many he was going to score in the reserve matches & he’d say “two, maybe a hat trick”, then promptly go out and do it. Prolific at reserve level but didn’t play much for the first team- remember him scoring two but for whatever reason Sillett didn’t see enough in him to give him a run. Not sure if he was awful or just never had the chance, one thing was maybe that he was only a goalscorer, zero in the way of holdup play etc

Users who are viewing this thread