Championship thread 23/24 (28 Viewers)

napolimp

Elsewhere in the Championship tonight, what would be the best combination of results for ourselves?

Blackburn v Millwall - Fairly irrelevant.

Hull v Birmingham - Can Birmingham get some sort of result? They were close against Southampton, and picked up wins against both Sunderland and Blackburn.

Leeds v Stoke - Stoke happen to be playing all of our main play-off rivals in their next 3 matches, would be great if they could pick up some form right about now.

Wednesday v Plymouth - Plymouth have been pulled back towards the drop, and have both Preston and Norwich coming up. Would be good for Wednesday to remain within touching distance for when they play Norwich and West Brom.

Sunderland v Leicester - I think a draw here would be excellent. A possible win for us would pull us further away from Sunderland, whilst Leicester would be looking at a real automatics scrap with all our play-off rivals left to face.

Ipswich v Bristol - An Ipswich win will keep the pressure on Leicester. Bristol have got West Brom soon and a result there would be helpful, but they are in poor form right now. They will be looking over their shoulders anyway.

MikeyMoo

they're suggesting BRIZZLE aren't safe - by that logic neither are Watford! Meanwhile, best we could hope for really, 3 points off Hull now, if 'borough can do a job on Norwich tomorrow... Sky now predicting us to finish 6th again, ahead on Norwich on GD...

EalingSB

they're suggesting BRIZZLE aren't safe - by that logic neither are Watford! Meanwhile, best we could hope for really, 3 points off Hull now, if 'borough can do a job on Norwich tomorrow... Sky now predicting us to finish 6th again, ahead on Norwich on GD...
Norwich have Rotherham at home on Saturday so GD could change significantly.

skybluegod

I see overrated Ipswich are about to get their 6th win on the spin

They are absolute experts at scoring last minute goals. A great trait for a team. Ridiculous amount of goals after the 80th minute recently or at least it seems!

They will get spanked in the prem if they go up though. Which I think they will

theferret

It's all about momentum at this stage of the season. You have to hope we'll now emerge from our dip and kick on a bit. Ben Sheaf returns and stays fit and we don't lose any other keys players, then we'll definitely be in the mix That said, a bad result and it can derail everything. Saturday, especially given we don't play in the league for the best part of 3 weeks, is huge really.

Gynnsthetonic

It's all about momentum at this stage of the season. You have to hope we'll now emerge from our dip and kick on a bit. Ben Sheaf returns and stays fit and we don't lose any other keys players, then we'll definitely be in the mix That said, a bad result and it can derail everything. Saturday, especially given we don't play in the league for the best part of 3 weeks, is huge really.
No home game for a month now either

no_loyalty

I’m hoping Watford avoid defeat tomorrow night, they haven’t sacked a manager for a while. We could do without a new manager bounce for Saturday.

SBT

We are out if it now aren't we.

A huge 3 points off 6th with only 10 games to go.

Season over and we should play the kids from here on in..🤪
The clowns who spam every match thread with “Game over/season over” every time we concede a goal should forfeit supporter points. It’s going to be an incredibly tight finish that will most likely hinge on a team hitting form at the right time.

rhino1002

I've jut looked at the championship table and the relegation battle is intriguing
There appears to be 12 teams that could fill the two relegation places
there's 6 points between Watford and Sheffield Wednesday
Rotherham of course are gone
in theory Sunderland and Cardiff could still drop into the zone (but unlikely )

Ashdown

Norwich have to be the favourites for 6th really looking at their run in.
I echo this, they are playing well and have a lot of very winnable matches to the end. I think we could still finish top 8 and that wouldnt be a disaster with a fairly thin squad.

Brighton Sky Blue

I've jut looked at the championship table and the relegation battle is intriguing
There appears to be 12 teams that could fill the two relegation places
there's 6 points between Watford and Sheffield Wednesday
Rotherham of course are gone
in theory Sunderland and Cardiff could still drop into the zone (but unlikely )
50 points should still be enough for safety based on Stoke’s PPG

Users who are viewing this thread