Championship thread 23/24 (52 Viewers)

Matt smith

Well, yeah, but if we have no Torp, Sheaf or Allen, that task becomes a lot, lot harder.

Only leaves us with Eccles and Kelly and then Lati in the middle.
Yes it makes it harder but we still have enough to win at home.

Torp hasn’t been ruled out yet

SkyblueTexan

Rotherham suck. We better batter them when we play them.

Matt smith

No, true, but I would be amazed if we saw him on Friday.

Would definitely boost our chances.
No I don’t think he’ll be fit to be fair.

think he’ll only be a game or two.

it’ll be Eccles and lats, front four need to be on form

mmttww

If we beat Preston then it goes from looking like 6-8 teams chasing two playoff spots, to four in the space of a week. Mad division.

mmttww

Is this board really going to start a meltdown on a night when we didn't even play?!?

200.gif

Looks that way, with 39 points to play for and us being in better form over 10-12 games than all the others chasing the last two playoff spots.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Also I was referring to the Jan window when we werebasically in and around the playoff places.
,,,,and still are. Not dismissing your point, and who wouldn't want another player or two available. I'm just saying that I'd sooner that we used any money next summer. Not given up on this season by a long chalk (loving it, the same as last, but I just think this season's 3-6th will be much tougher than last season.

GaryJones

Can’t afford a slip-up Friday. Only a win will do.

curly_tom

It’s amazing how results can instantly change your view as a fan. Reading people back to discussing what a shame it is we haven’t strengthened, because Hull won. I found myself feeling our chance has gone when I saw us in 7th, 3 points adrift! Plenty of games to go…

Mucca Mad Boys

Can’t afford a slip-up Friday. Only a win will do.
A draw is perfectly acceptable, this and WBA are more ‘must not lose’ games. Two draws will do us fine. Hull and WBA will drop points this weekend when they play each other. After WBA, they have PNE, Blue and Leicester so they will invariably drop points. WBA will probably run away from 6th because their run in after us is kind until the last 4 games of the season.

We really need to hit a stride when we’re playing the weaker teams away from home and maintain our good home record.

MikeyMoo

Agree, I think WBA will kick-on rather than fade away. Easiest fixture list. Norwich/Hull the problem, but Hull has a very tough fixture list. So probably the former.

Astute

When will some people learn?

Beat Preston and we're back in 6th on GD to Hull and just 1 point behind WBA. Then on Saturday it's Hull v WBA. Our run in is favourable to most sides.

Our players have had a much needed rest this week. Just Preston and the cup game for the rest of the month. We have Hull and WBA next month but also easier games we should win. If we beat Preston it would start to look like 4 sides after the last 2 playoff spots.

Preston would be 5 points behind in 9th with 12 games to go. That's needing nearly half a point a game just to catch up. Sunderland are presently in 10th and 2 points behind Preston. They're going to fall away in the next few weeks.

Preston is a must not lose game. A win would be great. A draw wouldn't be too bad.

Astute

Yup, you will need the Chiltern Line, or the LNW line. Prices start from as little as £11.20. Make sure you book in advance. Dogs are welcome onboard, but no buffet cart.
Who would want to take a buffet cart with them? 🤔

ovduk78

I was born after then.......just 😂
I remember him but not sure where from but must have been a comic & which comic he was in and I was born in 1961.

Back on the real topic I think we'll just fall short of the play offs & I'm OK with that if we do. This squad with another transfer window will be better placed next season. I also can do without the heartache of last season!

Users who are viewing this thread