Championship thread 23/24 (8 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Wednesday are garbage, they are going to finish rock bottom.

SkyBlueSoul

Hopefully they don't sort themselves out before Boxing Day

Edit: And hopefully we sort ourselves out by then

The Reverend Skyblue

So at least we need just two other clubs to be worse than us. Watching Sheff Wednesday’s match and their defending is even worse than ours, which I didn’t think I’d say in this early period of the season.
They are all over the place, Sunday reserve side standard, and if Sunderland don’t score 8 or 9 tonight I’d be really shocked.
Ive seen really piss poor sides over the years but Sheff W take the biscuit.

The Reverend Skyblue

When we play them the result could be 13-12 hopefully in our way.Great historic club Sheff Weds, so much better than the scum from across the city, but I think we could be seeing goals against season records smashed this season.

The Reverend Skyblue

Well Sheff Weds defence makes ours look like the great Milan sides of the 50/60’s, where they used to concede 5 goals a season.
Im 60, with a shit back that has had multiple surgeries on, two arthritic hips, an arthritic foot, and I still think I’d get in their side

The Reverend Skyblue

I’m still convinced me and Fadz are the best option this season so far. We can’t defend, and I’m sick of the excuses. You can either defend or you can’t, full stop

The Reverend Skyblue

Haven’t seen you on here for a while
I like to keep a low profile G.
I’m not sure why I’m getting so upset by Sheff Weds defending tonight, I think it’s my frustration with us and the conceding of late goals or us losing from winning positions.
I fully intend that my next post will be in 2026/7 when we are an established Prem side .
I do enjoy everyone winding each other up, obviously you are one of the major posters who do this.
Happy Xmas and I hope all SBT have a great 2024

Nuskyblue

Fuck off is it. Would never have guessed that in a million years, he was invincible that night
Me neither, must have been an isolated incident as his average rating that season was 6.55 having signed for from Barnsley on a free after only starting a few games there.

The Reverend Skyblue

My final thought on SBT for the next 6 months, is the fans need to stick together. In the 5/6 decades I’ve supported the Skyblues, we all have gone through together the massive dips in the clubs fortune but we’ve had tremendous highs that makes everything so much more enjoyable.
I sat in the away end at Colchester on bitterly cold midweek night when we had hit the lowest trough of league two football, and I thought no way our club had a future, even though we won, but somehow MR & AV have turned it around and amazingly a few seasons later we were within a spot kick of the Prem.
No way when I was sat freezing to death in that stand watching us , that that was even conceivable, but we did it.
Anyway it’s never ever been easy being a Skyblue, and I think it will never change, I ctually think the reason I’m bald is due to the constant stress of following us over the last 6 decades, but please keep the faith and one day we will get there, It’s just this path we are on together, may have a few difficult steps going forward, but we take it as one, and one day we will be an established Prem side again, hopefully, and selfishly in my lifetime.
Once a Skyblue always a Skyblue,we can’t and won’t change it for anything, even when you want to throw the shirt out the window in disgust at our latest defeat, we do this together whatever league we are in.

Users who are viewing this thread