Championship thread 23/24 (45 Viewers)

procdoc

Thought their signings were decent and they looked a good unit under Eustace at the start of the season - I don’t think it’s the new signings’ fault that they decided to tear that up. Any team on their third manager of the season is going to look crap for lengthy periods.
My point is people dismissed our signings after a handful of games and said how Brum and Stoke had better windows. Look where they both are currently

no_loyalty

Thought their signings were decent and they looked a good unit under Eustace at the start of the season - I don’t think it’s the new signings’ fault that they decided to tear that up. Any team on their third manager of the season is going to look crap for lengthy periods.
TBF they always seem to start the season well then drop like a stone, although getting rid of Eustace didn’t help. It will be interesting to see how he gets on at Blackburn.

Sky Blue Harry H

I thought that Pearson (horrible and dirty, but effective) was a good signing for Stoke, but doesn't seem to have worked, and obviously McNally seemed great. For Blues, I liked Ethan Laird as a signing - they seem to have failed to sign any decent sort of striker (except Stansfield on a loan). Would love it if one of these two sides dropped out - probably at the expense of QPR, as we seem to have the measure of them these days, and I've enjoyed my last 2 away days there (6 goals !)

TomRad85

My point is people dismissed our signings after a handful of games and said how Brum and Stoke had better windows. Look where they both are currently
Birminghams signings are painfully average - poor. Only players that get anywhere near our team are James (youth team product) and Stansfield (a loan)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Cheylesmore ITK

Birminghams signings are painfully average - poor. Only players that get anywhere near our team are James (youth team product) and Stansfield (a loan)

Everyone seemed to want Buchanan, I'm just pleased to see he has finally found his way out of the Tesco carpark after Saka sent him to the big shop when they played us.

Last edited:

slowpoke

But you are forgetting our people as you have put it on here are our “experts” bit quieter now though.

Cheylesmore ITK

They were just flying with the momentum weren't they, it was always a very standard set of Championship players. They might be too far ahead to fall out of the play offs now but they are certainly the team you'd want to face if you got in.

They'll probably now all have worldie 2nd halves but their midfield is very league 1.

SBT

Fifth place team going 1-0 up against fourth place team doesn’t mean we have to declare Ipswich as frauds

slowpoke

They been getting away with it all season. Their defence is horrendous. Think it was big mistake by MR to go so defensive against them hopefully he learns from it.
Whilst not on top form on the day it was two exceptional early goals that put us on the back foot first half, thought we did more than enough second half to get at least a point.

shepardo01

Flipping West Brom. Another goal out of nowhere.
Don't even think they are that great and they keep picking up points ... Plus makes the in-laws unbearable - they think they are prime Brazil - despite not even knowing when they were playing this weekend!.....
I'm fuming....

TomRad85

Flipping West Brom. Another goal out of nowhere.
Don't even think they are that great and they keep picking up points ... Plus makes the in-laws unbearable - they think they are prime Brazil - despite not even knowing when they were playing this weekend!.....
I'm fuming....
Just boring and effective.

slowpoke

Watched last 15 minutes and to be fair Ipswich should have nicked it, not too worried about either to be honest bit of catching up to do re: Ipswich but on our day we will do either.

fernandopartridge

The players are the common denominator, they only played 11 games under Eustace

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread