Championship thread 23/24 (13 Viewers)

Skybluedownunder

Leeds are paying £400k for Karl Darlow and we paid somewhere between £500-800k for Collins who’s gunna be back up to Wilson.

I feel like we coulda done better here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shepardo01

Leeds are paying £400k for Karl Darlow and we paid somewhere between £500-800k for Collins who’s gunna be back up to Wilson.

Darlow's wages would probably have been way too much for us to even contemplate.
Will be the best keeper in the division though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Collins has been signed with his distribution in mind and on surely lower wages.

David O'Day

Read the next comment under yours you stupid fuck.
Another commenter reckons he will be the best keeper in the league

im meant to have read a comment before I posted that wasn't posted until after my post? Are you thick?

Darlow will be on an absolute fortune and city are better spreading the wages around and improving the team. What's former Pl keeper Darlow likely to be on 20 plus? If we are going to be paying a player that then I'd rather it be a Dutch midfielder

David O'Day

Collins has been signed with his distribution in mind and on surely lower wages.
This is the point skippy never grasps, Darlow will be on a fortune and would eat a massive part of our wage budget.

Also yes we want a keeper that is better with the ball, otherwise we would just stick with the statistically best keeper in the league from last year

Manchester_sky_blue

Darlow's wages would probably have been way too much for us to even contemplate.
Will be the best keeper in the division though.
He spent part of last season on loan at Hull. He was decent by all accounts but not outstanding. Undeniably a very good keeper but he's what, 32? Collins is much younger, on lower wages and has much higher resale potential which is what we are all about now. Plus we have a really strong goalkeeping department, we don't have to be reliant on one top keeper.

Evo1883

He's played about 40 games in 6 years

SkyBlueSoul

which he can't (stay fit). Isn't he shacked up with someone who does a 'reality' show, letting us know all about their wonderful life (or some such)?
Yep and they were frequently out in Manchester I believe. Pretty sure the Blackburn fans called him Bradley Daiquiri.

Happy_Martian

What not to do when you have plenty of time ? Go around other Champ teams forums to see how they foresee our chances and our signings this season.

With the exception of one or two isolated comments, fans from other teams aren't even mentioning us. The 3 relegated teams, Sunderland and Millwall are all certs for the playoffs and the autos. While QPR, Rotherham and Wednesday are surefire relegation fodder.

Otherwise, we are nothing, nowhere. Even the internet media aren't giving us a hope in hell of frightening the top bunch. Saw one comment on the Sunderland forum about the poster hating us and verbally deriding us, the first in a few weeks. But otherwise, we are the internet version of the Cowboy Western tumbleweed.

And I love it ! :love: This under the radar approach we've developed will surely help the squad gel that much better and the fans will surprise a lot of teams, home and away with our passion. #PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread