Championship Attendances (1 Viewer)

ccfcchris

After two games we're currently 7th. Great start and plenty to build on.

SlowerThanPlatt

Well supported Forest we are doing well to be seventh we had nearly 10000 wiped off our attendances due to that farce of moving to St. Andrews it takes a lot if doing to get fans back on a regular basis.

It’s attendances this season? St Andrews has nothing to do with it. The support is the same if not better

Hobo

We have always had really good vocal support - even if smothered by the accoustics of the West End. Plus a good healthy vocal away support.

It went dire at the Ricoh when everyone was spread out. Improved since we have restricted it to the East Stand for atmosphere.

Despite all the tooing and froing
from Coventry we have always been a 14000 to 23000 home crowd. Yes of course we can pull more on a good day on a good run.

But that is my experience from actually attending games regularly since about 1974.

Covkid1968#

We have always had really good vocal support - even if smothered by the accoustics of the West End. Plus a good healthy vocal away support.

It went dire at the Ricoh when everyone was spread out. Improved since we have restricted it to the East Stand for atmosphere.

from Coventry we have always been a 14000 to 23000 home crowd. Yes of course we can pull more on a good day on a good run.

But that is my experience from actually attending games regularly since about 1974.
Fair summary

rob9872

I'd like to see some of those large Covid style seat covers the prem had, out in the corners and squash behind the goal together. Would make it feel even more full and only open them up when other blocks sold out.

NortonSkyBlue

Sorry I can’t agree with you. Our vocal support over the years has been mediocre at best. In the good times it has been decent but by and large i would say we haven’t been known for our vocal support.
The past two games have dispelled the myth that the stadium is to blame for a poor atmosphere. The current Coventry City crowd both home and away is not the one which I have known having followed them home and away since 67. Good thing too.

Hertsccfc

I'd like to see some of those large Covid style seat covers the prem had, out in the corners and squash behind the goal together. Would make it feel even more full and only open them up when other blocks sold out.
And if you do that you lose all the vulnerable people who want to remain socially distanced because of covid.

Frank Sidebottom

After two games we're currently 7th. Great start and plenty to build on.

Is St Andrews half closed due to the issues with the stands? Or do Birmingham just have shite support?

*Edit just read they're still closed and awaiting a safety certificate.

Hobo

Sorry I can’t agree with you. Our vocal support over the years has been mediocre at best. In the good times it has been decent but by and large i would say we haven’t been known for our vocal support.
The past two games have dispelled the myth that the stadium is to blame for a poor atmosphere. The current Coventry City crowd both home and away is not the one which I have known having followed them home and away since 67. Good thing too.

The West End smothered our vocal support while we were at Highfield Road... it should have been given to away supporters.

I have never known City fans being flat away and I have been on the terraces when it has been two coaches, so barely 100 fans in the 70's

ccfcchris

What happens on the pitch will obviously have a massive influence on how many come and the atmosphere created. Early days but the lads on the pitch have move than delivered so far.

Sky Blue Harry H

Confused by Hull's attendances. just been promoted and average over 2 games is 10,500 ish ? Seems wrong/low?

Any particular reason?

SlowerThanPlatt

I’ve never liked them anyway in the same bracket as Wigan and Reading, there was a Hull fan on GMK I think who was obsessed with us because we took 200 fans there one Tuesday night

Liquid Gold

Bristol City have done really well to build to a 20k regular. Not too long ago they were lost in the bottom 2 divisions in a rotting Ashton Gate.

That number might dwindle a bit if they keep having to watch Personball. 3 year contract and still hasn't won a home game.

fernandopartridge

I wish they could do something about switching the TV cameras to the other side of the pitch. It not only looks shite on TV, it makes potentially new supporters think the place is empty, lacking any atmosphere and not worth the visit.
The West stand has looked reasonably well populated compared to what it has been in the past. No chance they can swap sides though, the current gantry is an afterthought in the design, there is just no where for it to go on the other side

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s attendances this season? St Andrews has nothing to do with it. The support is the same if not better

I think they meant the impact of moving to St Andrews for 2 seasons broke the habit of a lot of people who regularly went to football games.

fernandopartridge

Just wondering how are the able to use the East stand. Are the cameras fixed to a frame over the seats ? If so, can it be done on the opposite side instead?

There is some scaffolding which provides a platform. The problem with the other side is that it would have to go in the upper tier where there are full height windows for the executive lounges and would restrict the view. The other option would be to possibly fit a gantry above the windows, but it would need ladders to access which again would restrict the view.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There is some scaffolding which provides a platform. The problem with the other side is that it would have to go in the upper tier where there are full height windows for the executive lounges and would restrict the view. The other option would be to possibly fit a gantry above the windows, but it would need ladders to access which again would restrict the view.

The scoreboard operators area in the corner could've been swapped with the most central executive/corporate box?

NortonSkyBlue

Bristol City have done really well to build to a 20k regular. Not too long ago they were lost in the bottom 2 divisions in a rotting Ashton Gate.

That number might dwindle a bit if they keep having to watch Personball. 3 year contract and still hasn't won a home game.
Also helps if your owner is a billionaire.

Users who are viewing this thread