Championship 21/22 (4 Viewers)

ceetee

I think they will survive but that's not to say they deserve to.
More importantly from our point of view, would they be another Fulham or another West Brom?

Skyblueweeman

I very much doubt they'll be screwed. Bournemouth spent around £200m on players over the same time period prior to their relegation and they've got nowhere near the commercial pull that Everton does.

I mean, their fans are telling me their screwed if they go down. I guess they know more about it that you or I.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I mean, their fans are telling me their screwed if they go down. I guess they know more about it that you or I.

As fans they would say they're 'screwed' though as that's a typical emotive response from a fan of an established PL club at serious risk of relegation.

The reality is though in the short term they'd probably be fine if they went down - which I personally think they won't now anyway - as they have a number of intangible assets they can sell in order to raise revenue to agree settlements with players that are more difficult to move on, pay off any remaining transfer instalments from previous years and cover operational costs.

Through the sales of Richarlison, Pickford and Calvert-Lewin alone, Everton are likely to raise around £100m at least. Perhaps more if you believe the purported valuations in the press. Then I'd imagine they'd be able to get a reasonable fee for Kean as well.

They've also already begun a massive cost cutting exercise over the past year after Digne was sold in January and Rodriguez, Bernard, Walcott and Bolaise have been moved on.

In the summer they're likely to rid themselves of a couple of higher earners as well as Delph, Sigurdsson and Tosun will also leave on frees. If they were to go down, Allen, Mina, Doucoure and Coleman's contracts expire in 2023 so I presume Everton would either receive nominal fees or they'd either be loaned out/contracts would be taken over/settlements would be agreed. Also Van De Beek/El Ghazi will return to their parent clubs in the summer.

With the vast majority of their high earners gone and money in the bank from sales as well as from parachute payments, I really fail to see how they're screwed if they were to be relegated? The only real issue they'd have to contend with from a player POV is Alli but there are ways and means around that deal to avoid any upfront fees so I suspect they'd be able to loan him out

Last edited:

Evo1883

Staggering that Everton have done so poorly with the amount of money put in ... I suppose it shows that clubs need to be setup right all the way through to succeed

Great old club

fernandopartridge

Everton's group accounts show that they've got a big cash reserve put forward by the owner from which they can draw down but that also I think includes investment for the stadium. Their losses were eyewatering (>£100m each year) for 19/20 and 20/21 but should be a bit better 21/22.

They've entered into a contract via the stadium development company for the stadium enabling works but it doesn't look like they've got any commitment beyond that:

1649933175286.png

Reactions: SAJ

skyblue1991

Could get interesting if we win Monday, Sheff Utd lose and Boro & Blackburn drop points...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

I believe its coventry Sheffield united boro and millwall fighting for 1 spot , unlikely for us still but we just have to go for it
Boro and Sheffield Utd would be clear favourites you would think

If we can still be in with a shout on the final day then anything can happen

Users who are viewing this thread