CBS issues (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

‘IF’ Joy offered to pay half, they haven’t got the other half. Wasps are beyond brassic

City will need to pay it all. I know people are saying fuck that but moving away will cost a fortune as will waiting for the current pitch to become playable.

Sky Blue Pete

Perhaps SISU will fund moving to try and accelerate the demise of Wasps.
Just can’t see it again can you?
13500season tickets
It’s not like you can rock up at West Brom or brum or villa and say can we play home games for the next couple of months please?

stay_up_skyblues

Just can’t see it again can you?
13500season tickets
It’s not like you can rock up at West Brom or brum or villa and say can we play home games for the next couple of months please?

Given the speed and ease that Burton was arranged you wonder if contingency was already in place 🤔 I don’t rule out a move there but the refunds would surely make an apparently questionable financial situation truly dire.

Saddlebrains

People saying about the 13k season ticket holders for a potential move

You can halve that at best.

I know 10 season ticket holders. Out of them 10 i asked if we move would you go?

2 said yes. Other 8, me included will be asking for the fucking money back

Feb57

Leeds Utd had issues with their pitch in season 20/21. On Jan 19th 21 they started to take up their old pitch and had a new one relaid courtesy of Spurs re allocating one targeted for them. On Feb 3rd 21 Leeds played Everton on the new pitch. It can be done but needs a willingness from Wasps,CCFC and of course somewhere between 400k and 500K. The Leeds one cost approx 300K but that was in Jan 21.

samccov1987

Whilst accepting we’re not rolling in cash I’m sure we could fund a new pitch if the will was there from our owner.

There are options even if they’re not popular like selling one of the Crown Jewels even if it’s not at our guide price. Even letting a Waghorn and Walker go whilst part funding their wages would go a long way towards the cost.

We shouldn’t need to pay for it but if you accept Wasps are on their last legs then we have no choice if we want to stay in Coventry.

Sky Blue Pete

Leeds Utd had issues with their pitch in season 20/21. On Jan 19th 21 they started to take up their old pitch and had a new one relaid courtesy of Spurs re allocating one targeted for them. On Feb 3rd 21 Leeds played Everton on the new pitch. It can be done but needs a willingness from Wasps,CCFC and of course somewhere between 400k and 500K. The Leeds one cost approx 300K but that was in Jan 21.
Brilliant so that’s about 6 weeks then

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

Even at 500k, it's peanuts in football. We have multiple players on more than that a year.

stay_up_skyblues

Even at 500k, it's peanuts in football. We have multiple players on more than that a year.

Quite. And the legal costs associated with suing a potentially soon to be defunct Wasps for lost earnings won’t be far off. But this all assumes Wasps would let CCFC lay a new pitch even if we wanted to.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Certainly high risk. I'm not sure I agree with the argument you sort the pitch yourself, but there is a certain logic that, given the potential to lose major income for potentially a few weeks, you take the action to avoid it even if it's not technically or legally your responsibility. Who, after all, wants to be right but bankrupt?
I think it's more making the offer and you can't lose.

If it's agreed you end up with a decent pitch and minimise the effect on moral, finances and standard of football you can play without any extra long term costs.

If it's not you look like you're trying to find a solution and they're the ones that are being obstructive.

From the sounds of Boddy's interview that's what happened. Offer was made, though I expect they knew it wouldn't be accepted because Wasps can't afford to not have the rent money coming in.) So instead chances are we'll sue them.

Grendel

I think it's more making the offer and you can't lose.

If it's agreed you end up with a decent pitch and minimise the effect on moral, finances and standard of football you can play without any extra long term costs.

If it's not you look like you're trying to find a solution and they're the ones that are being obstructive.

From the sounds of Boddy's interview that's what happened. Offer was made, though I expect they knew it wouldn't be accepted because Wasps can't afford to not have the rent money coming in.) So instead chances are we'll sue them.

If we sue then almost certainly we will be moving again then

Users who are viewing this thread