CBS issues (3 Viewers)

tisza

You'd think the rent contract would have a clause about a playable surface (exc extreme weather)

robbiekeane

An absolute embarassment.

What I want to know was, what was the plan? For the bbc article it’s evident that the CWG etc was agreed long before CCFCs return to the arena. Then CWG then agreed to let us play during the end of their tenancy.

The rugby 7s were scheduled already for the end of July.

So what was the fucking plan? There was never time to get a new pitch in after the rugby 7s, so was the plan to do it before hand and then just hope it faired okay? Is that realistic…wouldn’t it have been just as fucked?

If the pitch was due to be laid this summer, where’s the contractual commitment to that? Surely we didn’t take their word for it on a handshake?

Fucking shambles

pusbccfc

A lot has happened to this club over the years but this has got be the most embarrassing episode of the lot. Truly shambolic

Wouldn't go that far

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fingers crossed. Felt sorry for their bond holders but fuck them and fuck their employees and fuck their supporters.

We might have some banter on here at times, but the most important thing right now is that we all stick together. I feel like we are seeing something so strange and bizarre that I cannot get my head around it.

Yes, the pitch is shit, but Grendel and Co are right, even though he is too much of a pussy to step forward and say what he really thinks. There is something bigger going on. I don't know what it is, I don't know how it ends, but it's pretty damning.

Also, fuck their bond holders. They tried to profit off an entirely unethical situation. As far as I'm concerned the cunts can sink as well.

ccfc1234

A key park of the Arena (Wasps) defence was to suggest we almost pushed them into getting the game arranged even tho the stadium is under exclusive use for the commonwealth games for another ten days. IF that was credible why agree to us playing home this week especially if there were no plans to sort the pitch outside of a fingers crossed basis.

slowpoke

A key park of the Arena (Wasps) defence was to suggest we almost pushed them into getting the game arranged even tho the stadium is under exclusive use for the commonwealth games for another ten days. IF that was credible why agree to us playing home this week especially if there were no plans to sort the pitch outside of a fingers crossed basis.
And that’s the problem just as the Olympic Games 10 years ago the CWG have total control of the stadium, to be honest we should have seen this much earlier.
I worked the Olympic Games driving council buses and nothing could be altered from original plans. My bus for example was kitted out with just four seats and turned out to be pretty useless but it couldn’t be altered or replaced.

Colin Steins Smile

And that’s the problem just as the Olympic Games 10 years ago the CWG have total control of the stadium, to be honest we should have seen this much earlier.
I worked the Olympic Games driving council buses and nothing could be altered from original plans. My bus for example was kitted out with just four seats and turned out to be pretty useless but it couldn’t be altered or replaced.
You are right to highlight the way major games are run in the UK. The concerns over security and event timetables makes the whole period of a games inflexible.

One thing that has been mentioned is the possibility of sanctions against CCFC. The FA & EFL might need to be careful on this, as funding from Sport England & DCMS could be affected if they feel their actions could adversely affect the country bidding for future events.

D

Deleted member 2477

And realistically there is no chance that another 10 days that pitch would be playable. So what was wasps plan to sort the pitch out after the cwg and before our first home game if as they say they would have had those 10 days ?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’d imagine we’re trying to be as awkward as possible. We’d know wasps financial problems, let’s make it more problematic in a way that doesn’t breach our end of the contract.

Tommo1993

You’d imagine this has severely turned the heat up.

Wasps hold the cards, but it’s a really shit hand and what’s worse for them is everyone knows how shit that hand is.

Kingokings204

You’d imagine this has severely turned the heat up.

Wasps hold the cards, but it’s a really shit hand and what’s worse for them is everyone knows how shit that hand is.

it is. They haven’t got the means now. There is no conspiracy here… the pitch was a state and they couldn’t play on it. It won’t be fixed any time soon. Wasps have no money and that’s with us there. Add in these National articles and strong rumours, also the bonds have been delayed yet again, then wasps could really be hitting the fan very soon.

covboy1987

New scoreboard in the North Standard looks good, shame it will likely be removed. If you've got seats at the back of that stand, I doubt you'll sit there in the first game.

Will be interesting to see if they get all the advertising boards, fencing, catering etc sorted in time.

So i can help get my head around this if anyone can
(1) At what point did Villa change there mind and why? to say they would not be holding the rugby 7s at Villa park as they originally agreed to hold the tournament
(2) Is it true Coventry city applied to play there first 4 or 6 games away from home so a new pitch could be laid after the games had finished is it also true EFL turned them down

ATB81

Something which seems to have been brushed under the carpet a bit (no pun intended). Wasps ultimately are culpable in this situation I totally get, especially if the pitch relay prior to the commonwealth games was part of an agreement with City. But whether it was part of an agreement or not, when you have a brand new football season looming immediately after the Commonwealth Games being staged on the pitch, why would City just assume that the pitch has been relayed/prepped/maintained sufficiently through the summer without actually checking in til just before the first home game? Might be missing some detail but is it not a case of wasps being ultimately responsible, but City being completely amateurish as well?? If city had an awareness that we were heading for this car crash and intentionally allowed this situation to develop, then is that not gambling with our start to the season/potential points deduction. I'm sure it's not intentional, and if so, I cannot believe city have had no idea about this coming whatsoever and have not looked to obtain regular status updates since last season ended. That is completely amateurish as well isn't it? Maybe I'm missing something I don't know.

CCFC54321

An absolute embarassment.

What I want to know was, what was the plan? For the bbc article it’s evident that the CWG etc was agreed long before CCFCs return to the arena. Then CWG then agreed to let us play during the end of their tenancy.

The rugby 7s were scheduled already for the end of July.

So what was the fucking plan? There was never time to get a new pitch in after the rugby 7s, so was the plan to do it before hand and then just hope it faired okay? Is that realistic…wouldn’t it have been just as fucked?

If the pitch was due to be laid this summer, where’s the contractual commitment to that? Surely we didn’t take their word for it on a handshake?

Fucking shambles
Wasps are simply pathological liars who when faced with a simply question have a natural reaction to lie.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

People speaking about a points deduction, there is no chance of that, our issues are due to means out of our hands. Surely you cannot punish the innocent, we are the victims of this scenario, we expected Wasps to hold up there end of the bargain (which was stupid really). We now face the consequence of financial issues (according to SBB). We are not a club in a good way at the moment, but I think we can get back to that with a promotion to the PL, even if we come straight back down it will still be 200m+ revenue coming in, but then again that would need us to play home games. I feel really for the groundskeepers, they have a tough task on their hands and we should get behind them and the club, and we should get these wankers out of our city, for too long they have disrupted our football club. Joy get your legal team ready and sue them already please

Sky Blue Pete

Amazing some people are having a go at the club/directors/owners here.

This is clear as day Wasps’ fault and they should fucking pay for it.
If you think they’ve done everything they could I disagree. If you think wasps are mostly to blame I agree

Last edited:

CCFC54321

Something which seems to have been brushed under the carpet a bit (no pun intended). Wasps ultimately are culpable in this situation I totally get, especially if the pitch relay prior to the commonwealth games was part of an agreement with City. But whether it was part of an agreement or not, when you have a brand new football season looming immediately after the Commonwealth Games being staged on the pitch, why would City just assume that the pitch has been relayed/prepped/maintained sufficiently through the summer without actually checking in til just before the first home game? Might be missing some detail but is it not a case of wasps being ultimately responsible, but City being completely amateurish as well?? If city had an awareness that we were heading for this car crash and intentionally allowed this situation to develop, then is that not gambling with our start to the season/potential points deduction. I'm sure it's not intentional, and if so, I cannot believe city have had no idea about this coming whatsoever and have not looked to obtain regular status updates since last season ended. That is completely amateurish as well isn't it? Maybe I'm missing something I don't know.
The pitch was in tip top condition up until last weekend until those idiots were allowed to over use it over three days. That pitch needs a months extensive work doing to it… then re laying in November and December!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Absolutely gutted.

As officials called the game off for an unsafe pitch then surely that a breach of contract and this time I would support not paying rent until the situation is sorted, which would help our cashflow now we're missing out on match revenue.

Potential for legal action for lost earnings and if any fines arise these should be passed on as well. Whether Wasps can get recompensed by Commonwealth Games Committee is another issue but not our problem.

D

Deleted member 2477

If you think they’ve done everything they could I disagree. If you think wasps are mostly to blame I agree
It looks like their few fans they have also think the same

Attachments

• FA449BA7-0A5E-4EDB-90EF-B2F847BFE054.png
    FA449BA7-0A5E-4EDB-90EF-B2F847BFE054.png
    758.7 KB · Views: 132

Sky Blue Pete

I’ve calmed down a bit now. I think wasps will blame the weather being so dry. Don’t fully understand as there’s no hosepipe ban. Am really confused, and seems deliberate, why no contact has been made before Friday. It may be we’ve tried. I’m now mostly disappointed for fellow fans who are out of pocket and a simple apology would have been nice

Users who are viewing this thread