CBS issues (5 Viewers)

Evo1883

Coventry City’s Sky Bet Championship fixture against Huddersfield Town on Saturday 20 August 2022 has been postponed by the EFL due to ongoing issues with the playing surface at the Coventry Building Society (CBS) Arena.

The option of reversing the fixture to the John Smith’s Stadium was considered but it was deemed not possible given the timescales involved.

This follows the recent postponements for the Club’s League fixtures against Wigan Athletic and Rotherham United, and the Carabao Cup Round One tie versus Bristol City being moved to Burton Albion’s Pirelli Stadium.

The EFL welcomes the news that the Club and the CBS Arena have accepted the recommendations of internationally-recognised sports turf experts to undertake a re-lay of substantial parts of the pitch to try and avoid further issues for the remainder of the season.

The timescales presented to the EFL by the Club will allow a further inspection of the pitch before their next home game on Wednesday 31 August, against Preston North End, in order to ensure that the new surface is declared safe for the players and match officials.

The primary objective for the EFL is to get Coventry City playing at the CBS Arena as soon as the pitch is in a safe condition for the participants. It is only then that the League will consider the collective circumstances of each postponement before determining what course of action could be taken in accordance with the Regulations.

There we go then ,home football should resume at the end of the month .

junglej13

Be stunned if we don't get a points deduction. If it was any other club we'd be raging about it. Whole situation has been a farce.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Perhaps the club can sell a few more season tickets before the next home game !

Bugsy

Easier option isn’t it. Fuck it.

“How’s your food?”

Shite.

“Lovely pal”

Yeah is easier to think just fuck it but that means letting the pests off, aswell as they have a nice new surface to fuck up when they start playing takes the fucking piss.

Right When's this protest then

Sky Blue Pete

Nick

Administrator
Obviously the mai thing is that it gets fixed but not happy we've got to this point and only now are Wasps bothering to start work.

Would also like to know who is paying for this, won't be happy if the answer is anyone but Wasps.

It certainly reads like CCFC.

pusbccfc

How many fans have we lost through missing two Saturday games and a summer midweek match? 10-12k? These rearranged games will have crowds of around 15k.

chiefdave

It had better be coming off the rent if we've fronted the cost. The fact that we can't play until the end of the month blows Wasps argument about there just needing to be a few extra days after the CWG out of the water.

Sky Blue Pete

Obviously the mai thing is that it gets fixed but not happy we've got to this point and only now are Wasps bothering to start work.

Would also like to know who is paying for this, won't be happy if the answer is anyone but Wasps.
You won’t be happy initially then but at some point. My worry is the need to maintain good working relationships and whilst this looks like it’s been bloody difficult maybe relationships can now get better

fernandopartridge

Good statement that. He’s pretty much single-handedly fought to get this resolved . I know he’s not grendels best mate and you can argue this could have been foreseen but he’s earnt his money the last 2 weeks as far as I’m concerned
Give it a rest,

1. He's the CEO
2. Why wasn't he doing this 6 weeks ago as based on statements from both parties the state of the pitch pre CWG was unacceptable?
3. Let's wait to see what punishment we get from the EFL
4. Let's see what impact this has on the season generally, can't see it being beneficial

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Give it a rest,

1. He's the CEO
2. Why wasn't he doing this 6 weeks ago as based on statements from both parties the state of the pitch pre CWG was unacceptable?
3. Let's wait to see what punishment we get from the EFL
4. Let's see what impact this has on the season generally, can't see it being beneficial

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Wow would hate to work on your team but ok

Who knew there was an issue 6 weeks ago
How many calls do you think were made before the statement on Thursday before the Rotherham game?
How would you have dealt with it when you have to have an ongoing relationship?

It’s ok to say well done and still recognise things could have been done differently
ffs

Reactions: vow

chiefdave

I get that its a joint statement and has to be agreed with both sides but why are we thanking them and saying they have agreed to the work taking place. As you say that very much sounds like we're paying.
“I would like to thank Wasps Group and the Arena for agreeing to this work taking place." is j

Skybluebeliever

Found a part ansswer to my question

If everyone knew what was potentially going to happen- why did they not sit down with the EFL before the season started (or did they)

Newport county 2017-2018
The EFL has agreed to a request from Newport County to postpone any home games until 26 August in order for the club to complete the installation of a new playing surface at Rodney Parade.

Any Club who is scheduled to play at Newport prior to this date will be asked if they want to reverse the fixture following the confirmation of the League Two schedule on Wednesday 21 June. The decision to reverse the fixture will be at the sole discretion of the Club(s) involved. If the option is declined then matches will be postponed until a later date in the season.

In addition, the EFL has agreed to reverse the fixture for Round One of the Carabao Cup in the event that Newport are drawn at home.
This will become apparent from any likely punishment from the EFL , if they had all the facts and then said we could not reverse the fixtures then we cannot expect any punishment
If they were not informed or kept in the dark especially about the state of the pitch prior to CWG then could be a different outcome

Bugsy

Another thing what's pissed me off with this is that not once have wasp apologise or shown any ounce of decency to show that they acknowledge that they have fucked up.
A business relationship should be equals both sides

Grendel

Good statement that. He’s pretty much single-handedly fought to get this resolved . I know he’s not grendels best mate and you can argue this could have been foreseen but he’s earnt his money the last 2 weeks as far as I’m concerned

He is a CEO of a company that has 13,000 people he’s failed to deliver for. Get out of his arse

Grendel

Wow would hate to work on your team but ok

Who knew there was an issue 6 weeks ago
How many calls do you think were made before the statement on Thursday before the Rotherham game?
How would you have dealt with it when you have to have an ongoing relationship?

It’s ok to say well done and still recognise things could have been done differently
ffs

he is obviously feeding you his version and you are just taking it

Users who are viewing this thread