CBS issues (6 Viewers)

oldfiver

Surely that must have expired by now. The excuse for the council rushing everything through was a hotel was needed for City of Culture. That's been and gone, as has the CWG, with seemingly zero progress.

Why would Richardson get a loan for that anyway, if he wants to build a hotel and profit from it shouldn't he be paying. Not like there isn't other people trying to build hotels in the area who have been turned down.

Notice - "WASPS OWNERS" very similar to the Training Ground

The building option expired in 2020

Happy_Martian

giphy.gif

Coventry fans right now….

That's too sensible for SBT. You need...

<p> <a href="">via Gfycat</a></p>

cooperskyblue

I mean from what Boddy was saying it isn't so much how it "looks" and how green it is (we have played on a lot worse looking pitches) but his concern and that of EFL etc seemed to be there is no substance underneath.

fernandopartridge

I’m assuming this is a development fund earmarked for the hotel isn’t if?
There are 28 jobs associated with it so yeah probably about right. Also Richardson set up an SPV to develop the hotel didn't he? Outside of the Wasps group

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Senior Vick from Alicante

He has intimated that there has been some movement on the rent. IE City paying for the new pitch and then paying reduced rental as an offset. Think they may have done it to try and calm the bond holder situation down due to the ongoing fiscal speculation.

Reactions: AOM

chiefdave

He has intimated that there has been some movement on the rent. IE City paying for the new pitch and then paying reduced rental as an offset. Think they may have done it to try and calm the bond holder situation down due to the ongoing fiscal speculation.
If we have to loan them the money for a pitch do you think the penny will finally drop with Wasps supporters that they're in the shit

Skybluebeliever

He has intimated that there has been some movement on the rent. IE City paying for the new pitch and then paying r
If we have to loan them the money for a pitch do you think the penny will finally drop with Wasps supporters that they're in the shit
Not sure it will be a brand new pitch but hopefully will be a solution to get us back playing by the end of the month

slowpoke

They have money now a loan from the West Midlands authority, as business issue ccfc could borrow from the same sorce if needs be financing the pitch shouldn’t be an issue now

slowpoke

Not Saturday?
I read that a damaged pitch could be repaired in a couple of days, if we worked through the night 24/7 I reckon it could be done by the weekend, might not be a billiard table but decent. I’m optimistic for Saturday but then again this time last week I was for tonight.

AFCCOVENTRY

Have you got a link? Have they said what work?

Surely groundsman have been working on it anyway?

Gilbert just tweeted to say positive announcement later today and work could start as early as this week.

Sounds like some solution to improve the pitch. Doubt it’s a new pitch. Let’s see what is announced later today.

Users who are viewing this thread