Carsley (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Has anybody else heard anything about him going to Sheff Utd?

wal3590

Is he still with us? Seen a few of the training videos from last few days and seen other coaches but not him?

Nonleagueherewecome

Well, someone's got to....I BLAME SISU!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh:

torchomatic

Well once we get rid of Pressley at least we won't have endless "let's see what Carsley can do" threads.

philmcc

He never did finish his "unfinished business" did he...another ccfc success story, good luck Lee...

ajsccfc

I'm still not sure what Carsley's job really was. Rioch's in charge of the academy team, Pressley the first team, what actually is the developmental team? Just a fancy name for reserves who don't take part in the reserve league?

Moff

I have met Carsley on a couple of occasions and can honestly say he is a top bloke. I wish him all the best.

I for one am sad to see him go, someone who felt something for the club, unlike our mercenary owners, mercenary players (some) and a very mercenary former manager.

RoboCCFC90

Like a few others I have spoken to Lee on a few occasions and Lee has seemed like a good lad. Good Luck Lee :wave::wave::wave:

Nonleagueherewecome

At least he'll be guaranteed 3 points at the Bescot next season.

Maybe 6 ;)

It's a real shame, but I can't really blame him given our situation. If I worked for SISU and anyone offered me alternative employment, from the Rat Catchers Association to the League of Human Dartboard's, I'd be hard pressed to reject them.

Gnashgnashgnashgnashgnashgnashgnashgnash

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe 6 ;)

It's a real shame, but I can't really blame him given our situation. If I worked for SISU and anyone offered me alternative employment, from the Rat Catchers Association to the League of Human Dartboard's, I'd be hard pressed to reject them.

Gnashgnashgnashgnashgnashgnashgnashgnash

I don't blame anyone for wanting to go in the slightest-they won't be replaced but hey, we're a non operating subsidiary so who needs staff!

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't blame anyone for wanting to go in the slightest-they won't be replaced but hey, we're a non operating subsidiary so who needs staff!

With the emphasis on non-operating...

RoboCCFC90

SISU weren't likely to pass up the offer of a bit of compensation though were they!!

Good luck Lee! Always seemed a decent bloke

Don't think Lee's choice is based on SISU getting compensation for every employee they can.

It's probably the safest and most rewarding career move for him at this time.

mattylad

people forget in a few weeks our academy will probably be down graded to a centre of excellence so the league grant wont be there to support these jobs

BurbageSkyBlues

Yes, good luck Lee.

Not a difficult decision....The blades have something resembling a club or a future.......we don't.

And, of course, Sisu will be glad to save the wages......so, it doesn't auger well for the future, does it...?

Sign of things to come........

SkyBlueSwiss

Yes, good luck Lee.

Not a difficult decision....The blades have something resembling a club or a future.......we don't.

And, of course, Sisu will be glad to save the wages......so, it doesn't auger well for the future, does it...?

Sign of things to come........

Anyone think Oggy might be next in line for the chop?

J

Jack Griffin

people forget in a few weeks our academy will probably be down graded to a centre of excellence so the league grant wont be there to support these jobs

That's almost certain as the club have to equal the £0.5M the FA grant from their own income.

The non payment trouble for the Higgs Centre facilities were in my view part of preparations to announce a downgrade & blame it on outside events, though it will be a SISU money management decision pure & simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

georgehudson

sad to see Carso go, but given the current situation, it's no surprise,
i think he'll keep his roots here though,
& if, & when he returns,
i hope he comes back with a workable club operating,
PUSB

Brighton Sky Blue

That's almost certain as the club have to equal the £0.5M the FA grant from their own income.

The non payment trouble for the Higgs Centre facilities were in my view part of preparations to announce a downgrade & blame it on outside events, though it will be a SISU money management decision pure & simple.

God knows what the people in charge of the club are thinking anymore. We barely resemble a football club but for a scruff of a manager and a handful of professionals.

wingy

God knows what the people in charge of the club are thinking anymore. We barely resemble a football club but for a scruff of a manager and a handful of professionals.
InTims own words and you better believe It .It won't be death by a thousand cuts but three or four.

Brighton Sky Blue

InTims own words and you better believe It .It won't be death by a thousand cuts but three or four.

A Leicester fan couldn't have done a better job of ruining the club if they tried. Not knowing where the senior team will be playing is one thing but the academy as well? Yes there're plenty of possible sites in Coventry they could go but you can bet it's going to result in a relegation of academy status to something which entitles Crewe to pinch our best youngsters.

The owners stopped caring yonks ago, the League are feckless, ACL are only making offers to a business in administration and all of the interested parties have been turned away. To compound matters our national team is in a mediocre state so the only chance I get to enjoy this sport is north of the border.

Blue Maniac

A Leicester fan couldn't have done a better job of ruining the club if they tried.
I'll be happy to have a go. I want a 10-year, £15m per annum contract, payable in one lump sum before the end of Friday. I also want full ownership of the Ricoh, a season ticket at the KP, 50% of SISU's 2011-12 profit and Joy Seppala's head on as large a silver platter as you can find. Additionally, I will be under no obligation to perform any duties for or on behalf of Coventry City Football Club. All my terms are non-negotiable. My first and only act will be to appoint Andy Thorn as manager for life.

Users who are viewing this thread