Carl baker (1 Viewer)

Swanny80

now I know our captain has come in for some stick on here this season but I'm really beginning to come around to him. Not just improved performances on the pitch but I genuinely get the feeling he's proud to be the captain of our club. Hand straight on the badge last night when he scored and I thought the interview with him on the pitch showed his passion.

Sheffers looked like he had a desire in his eyes last night and the fact we have a few cov born players in the team I really feel this team that wears the proud shirt really do give a toss, and it's showing in the results!

covcity4life

he is our "go to" player

makes things happen on the pitch,takes responsiblity

maybe L1 is his level, i dont know,think he can do it in championship too personally, either way right now we have our captain fantastic

CovMatt1987

now I know our captain has come in for some stick on here this season but I'm really beginning to come around to him. Not just improved performances on the pitch but I genuinely get the feeling he's proud to be the captain of our club. Hand straight on the badge last night when he scored and I thought the interview with him on the pitch showed his passion.

Sheffers looked like he had a desire in his eyes last night and the fact we have a few cov born players in the team I really feel this team that wears the proud shirt really do give a toss, and it's showing in the results!

Couldnt agree with this more. Captaincy seems to have taken him on a level. genuinely seems to care about the club now

RichieGunns

I remember when we were debating awhile back who should have the captaincy and practically everyone said Baker shouldn't get it!

Oh how wrong we were lol

Plus Leon Clarke looked so taken aback by the support. I genuinly think he's chuffed to have signed for us but one of those people who isn't as expressive as others!

skybluesteve76

I remember when we were debating awhile back who should have the captaincy and practically everyone said Baker shouldn't get it!

Oh how wrong we were lol

Plus Leon Clarke looked so taken aback by the support. I genuinly think he's chuffed to have signed for us but one of those people who isn't as expressive as others!

I think he looks a bit dopey lol

Last night just proved how much he loves the club and the fans. The passion he has for CCFC will start to wear onto the rest of the players. He's vocal, his performances are improving and he's in the middle of play so he can have a say on what happens all round the pitch, whether its attacking for defense. He's a great captain, but even if he wasnt, he'd still be a damn sight better than Clingan

dadgad

Brilliant player for us at the moment. Played great last night. He's impressed me.:claping hands::claping hands:

shy_tall_knight

A big critic of Baker in the past currently tucking into large helpings of humble pie. As for Sheffers though the last 15 mins before he was subbed he was dreadful wasting so many opportunities to put in a quality cross.

ajsccfc

I regard a captaincy as a meaningless platitude in the vast majority of cases, but you do get the odd case where it seems to gee up a player with the sense of responsibility. Baker's definitely one of those.

kg82

I feel like baker can do things when he has the ball. He beats 2-3 men and makes space for himself quite a lot! Also he helps defend. There was one bit last night near the end where he had it in the corner with 2 pne players round him and he managed to make space for himself to get the ball away.

CTID

I feel like baker can do things when he has the ball. He beats 2-3 men and makes space for himself quite a lot! Also he helps defend. There was one bit last night near the end where he had it in the corner with 2 pne players round him and he managed to make space for himself to get the ball away.

He was showing Jordan how its done :) his sliding tackle in our box in the first half had my heart pounding but was a very good tackle.

kg82

He was showing Jordan how its done :) his sliding tackle in our box in the first half had my heart pounding but was a very good tackle.

Yeah it was! Thing was, he bided his time till the player let the ball go a little bit loose. Very good

Eightyseven

He's the same player - just found his level in this terrible league!!

CTID

Yeah it was! Thing was, he bided his time till the player let the ball go a little bit loose. Very good

It was just so reminisant of stevenage for a split second i thought NOOOOOOOOOOO haha

Jack's Dad

Baker has always looked good on the ball, his problem is what is behind him.....
In my opinion he is not the best at tracking back (I know people will say about the tackle in the box last night) but to be fair if we had a quality full back he would not have to worry too much about this and concentrate on going forward and creating and taking chances, what I believe are his strong points.....
There were a few occassions in the first half last night when Baker lost the ball on the half way line with Clarke bombing past him leaving a massive gap down our right hand side, this does tend to happen alot..

nicksig

I thought he was the stand out player on the pitch last night: great work rate, tracked back, always wanted the ball, scored the crucial equaliser and then created the chance for Clarke's winner. 10 out of 10 for me

mattylad

three major changes in Baker this season from last for me

1) he has got his head up when running with the ball (defo getting a bit more time in this league)
2) early season goals have given him confidence
3) the captaincy has given him a sense of worth in the team and you can see that in every game

Otis

I've always liked the lad, but he's been incredibly frustrating in the past and very hit and miss.

Now we are getting good consistent performances from him week in week out and he's one of our best players. Maybe this is his level, doesn't really matter. Let's just enjoy the consistently good level of performance we are now getting from him.

And you just know he's going to curl in a beauty to win the JPT for us at Wembley don't you!

covcity4life

I've always liked the lad, but he's been incredibly frustrating in the past and very hit and miss.

Now we are getting good consistent performances from him week in week out and he's one of our best players. Maybe this is his level, doesn't really matter. Let's just enjoy the consistently good level of performance we are now getting from him.

And you just know he's going to curl in a beauty to win the JPT for us at Wembley don't you!

it is written.

pusbccfc

Such a genuine lad as well. Ask anyone that's met him and they'll agree, top bloke.

Seen him in Birmingham once with his wife and kids, I called him over and he spoke to me for 10 minutes and signed a note.

Hot wife too mind ;)

wingy

A good measure of how far he's come would be to see how many other clubs in this league would like to take him now.

Always rated him from the moment he got here there were glimpses of his trickery in those early games.

It may be that he has found his level ,it certainly suits him ,but I think the biggest factor is that MR was a

striker and the style we've adopted under him is far more attack focused and Bakers role is primarily to get

the ball moved forward pronto,Couple that with the confidence growing in him from us and its got to be

easier to deliver when the fans are "With You",then you only need to see that tackle in the Box first half to

see his total commitment ,Loving It long may it continue.:p

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would say league 1 is about his level, maybe a championship decent squad player. Always has great effort an isn't afraid to fail, a few times this season when things haven't been going for him in a match he has carried on plucking away, getting on the ball and trying to do the right things an then getting his reward in the end

Brighton Sky Blue

Would probably agree with others saying that he's found his level as have a number of others in the side. Suspect he'd do even better if we abandoned the hoofing which still creeps into our game.

Paxman II

Baker is a very good player and could play at a much higher level. Here in this league it is not so suited to him. He has adjusted well now and though he came from the lower leagues he has developed as a player.
He is a player who will always have a great game followed by a poor game. It's the nature of his game and how its affected by the opposition team.
Stacks of skill and quality with the odd bit of brilliance. Captain has made him a better 90 minute performer.

Baker has huge ability on the ball and has really improved the off the ball game too. Surprised to say but he is an inspired choice as captain.

Mucca Mad Boys

Would probably agree with others saying that he's found his level as have a number of others in the side. Suspect he'd do even better if we abandoned the hoofing which still creeps into our game.

Especially Wood, great defender (for L1) but sometimes he just lumps it up in the air under no pressure and we lose possession (most of the time) and it's really frustrating. :mad:

Dbell10

I think he gives the ball away too often and most of his crosses are poor/diabolical, but somehow he manages to score or assist in most games this is probably why he didn't cut it in the championship.

Users who are viewing this thread