Match Thread Cardiff City (A) (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

Why the fuck was Shipley playing?

I wouldn't have started him but we're not blessed with options really. Hamer and Godden missing is killing us more than the loss of two players should.

Tommo1993

Well at least I got my tweetleague prediction right. Finally. And 5 points on super 6, things are looking up!

Londonccfcfan

Forget playoffs...our squad just isnt good enough.

We had the best 5 players on the pitch by a mile...but also the worst 5 players on the pitch.

Esoterica

Thought that was an obvious bump on Sheaf in the build up to that 2nd goal but still plenty of opportunity to deal with it afterwards.

We have a very small squad with 4 excellent players and the rest are all very samey - no pace, no height, no trickery, no creativity. Just nice, hardworking footballers that won't rock the boat.

ccfc92

Can we at least give Tavares a try. Can't be any more toothless than what we have.

No,no,no,no,no. Not ready.

There's a weird mentality going on at the club, considering this is the closest we've been to Championship play offs for over 15 years ffs.

I don't care if we can't compete in the Prem, you don't compete in a competition without the aim to win ffs.

Si80

Poor tonight. All over the pitch. McFadz rotation didn’t work and he’s been notably poor.

Infuriating playing ok’ish football up to the Cardiff 18 yard box and then shit final balls in. Needs to be much better on Saturday

cc84cov

Thought that was an obvious bump on Sheaf in the build up to that 2nd goal but still plenty of opportunity to deal with it afterwards.

We have a very small squad with 4 excellent players and the rest are all very samey - no pace, no height, no trickery, no creativity. Just nice, hardworking footballers that won't rock the boat.
why didn’t we address that in jan ?

8 left
1 academy player sold
Season ticket sales
Weekly attendances

Mr Panda

Worse than Luton tonight for me given the opportunity we have in terms of the average opposition and what our game in hand meant.

Wingbacks didn't work tonight, and let's face it, if they don't get forward then you're left with O'Hare and Vik vs their defence.

Allen silently went about doing absolutely fuck all tonight too.

Poor

larry_david

I think waghorn is coming on now because his name is martyn waghorn and he's an experienced pro signed in thr past for lots of money. The reality on his fitness, form and performance he's bee utter garbage.

And worrying like better days says, for me he's never looked like he wanted to be here.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not having a midfielder that can chip in with 10 goals is going to hurt us. Outside of Gyokeres and Godden we have 1 player still here with more than 2 goals.

we desperately need a midfielder alongside O’Hare that drives into the box and picks up the loose balls - free header aside, Gyokeres looked so isolated. 3CA2210E-D6C2-4646-85A0-9178CD232F22.png

skyblue1991

Posession doesn't win you football matches

Final third was shit

We win tonight we would've been 2 points behind Boro in 6th

Cardiff were fucking awful yet they take their 2x chances they had. Fair play to them

For fucks sake we are a better side than them, what's wrong with our final ball?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Worse than Luton tonight for me given the opportunity we have in terms of the average opposition and what our game in hand meant.

Wingbacks didn't work tonight, and let's face it, if they don't get forward then you're left with O'Hare and Vik vs their defence.

Allen silently went about doing absolutely fuck all tonight too.

Poor

Kane wtfs happened to him??

Brighton Sky Blue

Someone should have been charging out to him. 2-0 to these chancers. They’re awful

When we had fresher legs we bossed teams and still lost. Now we're knackered, just as ineffective going forward but make more mistakes at the back.

Sickens me how many points have been tossed away against mediocre or dogshit opposition. We really could've made a go for top 6 with not much extra spending, owners don't give a shit so we let 7 players go to bring in a left back. Will be deep in the mire next season, bottom 6 form since October

LilleSkyBlue

Not at all convinced by Waghorn, I'm afraid.

Second challenge on O'Hare a clear penalty.

Gyokeres not scoring his free header a terrific shame. Straight at the keeper but with the power he put on it I still thought it was going in.

I didn't like the way we played first half - confident possession football seemed to turn into a sort of self-satisfaction, inviting the opposition to need just one goal. Is there no way our players can be taught to do better stuff in the final third?

Cardiff worked hard, weren't bad, didn't really deserve to win 2-0.

theferret

Well beaten there, created nothing aside from the late header. Clueless in the final 3rd. Showed a lack of ambition from the off. We have a chronic lack of flair and pace in the side and yet even on a night like tonight we don't roll the dice and try something different. We were sleep walking to defeat all night.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Poor performance all round.

Part of it, i think, starts with our failure to add at least one more body to the squad in Jan while shipping out deadwood. Lots of games coming up in quick succession is going to lead to tiredness so a couple of injuries and you're in trouble.

Players weirdly just seemed to be happy to keep the ball and almost play for the draw. No urgency at all. Cardiff weren't great by any stretch and we played down to them. Again, tiredness?

Can't understand why MR is now persevering with Shipley. After a couple of good games at LWB he's now been poor for a few in a row.

Subs again a bit odd, esp Maatsen on for Kane. Waghorn hasn't had a decent effect from the bench (and may not even be fully fit) yet getting a chance ahead of Jones. What was the point of renewing his contract for the last three years to just never give him a chance when he is finally available.

Just a bad night overall.

junglej13

The next time I see the line up and we have O'Hare and Shipley 'supporting' a lone striker I wont watch the game. Even if I'm already in the ground, I think I might walk out. It honestly like groundhog day - must have watched that exact game probably 10-15 times last season around Christmas. We play to get to 0-0 after an hour then Robins changes it to try and change the game. Its complete anti football. Its like Robins tries to shoehorn as many non goalscoring players into team as possible. I honestly think he'd play two goalkeepers at times.

Users who are viewing this thread