Match Thread Cardiff City (A) (1 Viewer)

Dirk Turpin

When we play gyokeres up top on his own against a physical backline like Cardiff's it pretty much nullifies our attacking threat. The ball doesn't stick long enough for him to get support.

Liquid Gold

This is football for football manager players.

All about touches, field position, retention etc.

No drive, passion, desire

Flat as fuck here, both sets of fans and the teams.

Boring

Ccfcisparks

I’ve changed my mind I think 2nd one could well have been a pen. Not much contact but they do get given in the prem. certainly think the way COH went down for the first one put the ref off giving the 2nd

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Mcsheffrey scored 44 goals in 143 appearances. You can't compare the players remotely.
You can in terms of both players ability to con the ref. McSheffrey was an expert, O’Hare is the most fouled player in the league because he’s one of the most skilful, and should
Have had a lot more, unfortunately he’s crap at buying fouls because when he falls he picks really poor times to do it

Robins said at the beginning it could be a two part game and it looks like it will be, if we keep it tight on their set plays and he brings on Maatsen after an hour things will start to open up for us.

The Philosopher

Back line always looks better when Fadz is marshalling.

Am I allowed to say Maatsen needs to come on without being accused of writing off Bidwell? Bidwell isn’t playing brilliantly and I prefer Maatsen but it doesn’t mean I’m writing off Bidwell.

Shipley is so frustrating. Some lovely passes, an air-shot and some first touches like Prince Andrew.

Maatsen on please. Keep Waghorn off please. Tavares might be worth 15 against their back line.

Esoterica

For the most part Cardiff have done exactly what i would have done against the team we have out. Crowd out O'Hare and Sheaf in the middle, let our wingbacks have the ball out wide knowing they can't beat a man for pace or skill, and let them cross the ball from relatively deep into a single striker.

We really, really miss Hamer trying to get the ball forward with urgency, yes he gives the ball away sometimes trying it and then gives silly fouls away but what he does with the ball is very important to the side in the context of the other players we have in the team.

CovBrummie94

I went on the Facebook forum at HT. First 4 posts were about Rose, Kane, Bidwell and O’Hare being shit respectively. Weird bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Funny how all the pundits pick him out

To be fair, they don't watch him every week.

Watch him as a one off you would think wow, the 20th game in and he can't shoot it gets a bit tiresome.

The first one was an embarassing dive, the second one there was slight contact from the keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread