Can you help (1 Viewer)

ccfcchris

what was that game at highfield road- possible cup - when les sealey came back and played in goal AGAINST us and played a blinder
Luton???
he was a v good keeper sadly dead now

He came back to play for the opposition some time when I was there. Cov were all over them but couldn't get past sealey

amazing performance but I cannot remember which team he was playing for.

probably our nemesis ASTON VILLA!!!! but may be luton coz we were supposedly favs and I thought it was a cup game against lesser opposition and he did have a few games for Luton

my poor old brain!!!

eastwoodsdustman

what was that game at highfield road- possible cup - when les sealey came back and played in goal AGAINST us and played a blinder
Luton???

He came back to play for the opposition some time when I was there. Cov were all over them but couldn't get past sealey

probably our nemesis ASTON VILLA!!!! but may be luton coz we were supposedly favs and I thought it was a cup game against lesser opposition and he did have a few games for Luton

my poor old brain!!!
Was it the league game? Someone threw a cup of tea over him during the game. He did a somersault at the end when they won. Think it was 1-0 in 1986/7.

Grendel

Was it Watford

Definitely no. What on earth has promoted this random thread? The only thing I can think of is the Luton game where Sealey kept us at bay until Kilkline scored with a few minutes to go - the middle fixture of Stoke Luton and Everton must win triumvirate

ccfcchris

Definitely no. What on earth has promoted this random thread? The only thing I can think of is the Luton game where Sealey kept us at bay until Kilkline scored with a few minutes to go - the middle fixture of Stoke Luton and Everton must win triumvirate
I was asked the question on another forum that I couldn't answer so wouldn't it make sense to ask more city fans that might know?

Monkeyface

Don' think it was 86/87 because I remember it and my first game was at the end of that season (glory supporter!).

Otis

Luton???

my poor old brain!!!
We lost against Luton 0-1 in January 1987. Could it have been that game?

JimmyHillsbeard

Was it the league game? Someone threw a cup of tea over him during the game. He did a somersault at the end when they won. Think it was 1-0 in 1986/7.

Left City in acrimonious fashion - some Cov fans believed he had deliberately let in a goal as he was leaving.

Luton beat us and he did handstands in front of the West End.

At Old Trafford in the opening game of the 1990-1 season he spent the entire second half kissing his Man Utd badge in front of the City fans (to be fair we didn’t give him anything else to do).

Came back to us on loan under Don Howe as Oggy was injured. Didn’t go down well with some of our fans but he did a decent job for a month or so.

oucho

Oucho's fact of the day....Les Sealey had a couple of spells at Man U as backup keeper, including the (in)famous 1990 FA Cup final replay where Fergie brought him in for the lapse-prone Jim Leighton, but Sealey's final three starts for Man U were the 1991 League Cup final, the 1991 Cup Winners Cup final, and (after leaving and returning) the 1994 League Cup final.

Users who are viewing this thread